Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Lambert Sacked today?

According to a few sources after showdown talks today with the owner?

Would you want him back

He''s definitely not long for the club there.

Nah, never go back. Tempting as it may be.

Plus he hates McNally.

Definitely have him back. In terms of not lighting up the prem, he has signed two strikers for Villa and both have had horrendous injuries, but he still kept them up. Makes you think he would have kept us up, despite our lack of goal scoring strikers

How about another slant on this one. Lambert sacked, finally takes over at Celtic where he seems destined to end up and that leaves the way open for Lennon!?

It could work,but unlikely. What we need is someone who the players are a bit scared of, Chris Hughton in his match day Tank top and matching tie just didn''t cut it for me!

Big Sam for me, from memory he''s never been relegated from the Prem. Not the prettiest football i grant you, but would get us up and keep us there

Yes

I wonder where he does end up though. I guess Celtic seem plausible, but I imagine that another Premier League club would take a punt on him. You know he won''t have to wait long as there will be sacking galore as usual. Probably after a handful of games!

Lambert was brilliant for us; he was the right man, with the right approach, at the right time. That time has passed. Too difficult now as others have mentioned. Too much baggage - the board would not trust him after his departure. Personally, I wouldn''t want him back - there are other options.

Totally agree with 28 goals.The time has passed; trust has been broken. It would never work.

[quote user=" Badger"]Totally agree with 28 goals.

The time has passed; trust has been broken. It would never work.
[/quote]

Have to agree.  You''d just know that he''d be off like a shot if he got a better offer.

Let him go to Celtic and let''s get his mate who''s got a lot more to prove in.

Is this the same Lambert the Villa fans hate with a passion and they say the worst Manager they have ever had. I do not want another Club''s reject.

I see why people say the time has passed and it wouldn''t work but sometimes it can. Lets take Eddie Howe for example, did well at Bournmouth then left to go to Burnley and whilst not a disaster on the Hughton scale he struggled and ended up back at Bournmouth where he is doing quite well so it can work if the club is a match for the gaffer.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]never go back!

PL has not exactly lit up the Prem recently...[/quote]Last time I looked we werent in the Prem...Yes to the question

Jack Flash - to be fair on Paul Lambert - I think that Villa say every manager they have ever had is the worst ever!

Really can''t believe so many people are saying yes to having Lambert back.   What is it you really want?  Things like they used to be under Lambert?  It wouldn''t happen.   The unique set of circumstances that brought him to our club and set us on our way have long gone.   Be careful what you wish for - he is not the manager he was - what worked with us has not worked at Villa and he has not really succeeded there, in terms of results or style of football - ask their fans.  

The Lambert era has gone - imo it should stay gone. 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfers/10828608/Paul-Lambert-to-get-funds-at-Aston-Villa-despite-chairmans-plans-for-200m-sale.html

''How about another slant on this one. Lambert sacked, finally takes over at Celtic where he seems destined to end up and that leaves the way open for Lennon!? ''......pete 2704

Sounds more sensible than him coming to City.