Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

League one play offs.

So, where will we be going next season? Funny how one week you are mixing it with Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool et al, the next you have an interest in what happens between Rotherham and PNE.

Funny old game.

Hoping Preston win for Rudd''s sake, but I actually quite fancy either of these as an away game next year.

Don''t know if anyone else is watching, am I being harsh or should Rudd have saved that?

I agree splutcho. Should have saved the first, no chance with the second.

Decent game so far. Hoping Preston can come back from 2-1 down.

Mmm, Dec looked decidedly rooted to the spot?

As for away trips next term, Orient please, nice easy day out on the train. There''ll be more than enough trips up the A1 to contend with.

I think the second one just came from nowhere, too quick. I don''t think any keeper in the world would have saved it.

The first one though, was a good header, and it came quick, I''m just looking at this from the point of view of whether he''s good enough for us, and I''d have been disappointed if we''d have conceded it.

Probably right about that, can''t say I''d be brimming with confidence if Dec ended up with the Number 1 jersey next term

I thought that also. Maybe he was beaten by the pace? Saw it late?

Anyways. Pringle looks an ok player.

I''m hoping Rotherham win this. Then I really don''t mind whether it''s them or Orient who come up. Both nice away days, and both are teams who have defied the odds to have cracking seasons and deserve a crack at the next level up.

Wasn''t too sure about the first goal in the first leg either - another year on loan might be of benefit rather than sitting on the bench.

We''ll need to extend the away team dug-out for Steve Evans, the Rotherham manager.

My goodness. I don''t see him as a track-suit manager.

As much as I''d like Rudd to be successful, I never want to go back to Preston again. Last time I went there, I was stood in a terrace with no roof in the pouring rain for a night game. As I remember it we were 4-0 down at half time. Oh, and I didn''t have a coat. Must have been about 12-15 years ago. Can''t say I''m enthralled about the prospect of going back.Rotherham on the other hand, I''ve never been to.

[quote user="Splendid Rush"]As much as I''d like Rudd to be successful, I never want to go back to Preston again. Last time I went there, I was stood in a terrace with no roof in the pouring rain for a night game. As I remember it we were 4-0 down at half time. Oh, and I didn''t have a coat. Must have been about 12-15 years ago. Can''t say I''m enthralled about the prospect of going back.Rotherham on the other hand, I''ve never been to.

[/quote]I think i remember that game. Didn''t we let in 6? Or was that Port Vale? The away days of that era have, mercifully, blended together somewhat in my mind.Rudd''s been brilliant for Preston all season, by all accounts.

We let in 6 at Port Vale. We''d let in 5 at West Brom a couple days before. I remember my Dad dragging me along to the Port Vale game on the grounds that things couldn''t get any worse. My word he was wrong!

I''m fairly sure we were 4-0 down at half time and it finished. 4-0. Either way, I was cold, wet and had a horrible journey home ahead of me through the night.