Sign in to follow this  
Dubai Mark

Whta do you love and amd hate about supporting Norwich City.....

Clearly I have nothing better to do, as I was sat here thinking about what I love/like about Norwich City and then about what I hate/dislike about the club I have followed all these years. So, would be interesting for a bit of fun to see what other posters on here think about our club...two or three of each...here goes..

Love......The fact that I support a real football club from where I come from..............That the club has seen hard times and good times in a relatively short space of time and came from almost oblivion to the EPL in just a couple of years.....................and I love the fact that, whilst it is a bit of a durge, we have a unique historical song that continues to be sung at every game.   

What I am not keen on, although dont hate...........is that there isnt enough parking near the ground but plenty of apartments, that Morrison''s Pies are better than those you get in the ground despite Delia and..........that we cant stick the away support out of the way like Newcastle do.

I like that it''s the whole county''s club rather than just the city. I like our kit.

I hate the fact that every time we''re in the national media there has to be cooking puns. Not even good ones. If I hear "Delia''s cooking up a recipe for success" one more time I''ll nut somebody.

I love the fact they are my club, and that I feel entwined in a good part of its history.

I hate the fact that we don''t compete at the top table

Don''t you just wish there was an edit button on this site for posts....
I love the expectation of a new season, and the transfers into the club.
I hate the inevitable feeling in some games of knowing we are going to concede before it happens. No matter how many seasons go by, managers come and go, players come and go. We always cling on to dear life, and the old post-christmas slump too...

Love when we win

Don''t hate anything but the miserable, ignorant, ungrateful fans who can''t grasp the financial reality and think they know better than management despite no training, qualifications or experience are frustrating and concerning as to the low level of intelligence and education.

I love how we are run. I love the colours! I love Grant Holt. I love the incredible surge of excitement i get when i walk out into the stands on a matchday.

I hate that we are too provincial to ever warrant the billionaire investment required to mean we are, one day, the very best team in the country/world.

There are times when I love it all and times when I hate it all. A bit like a tumultuous affair.

I love that we are unique, a "county club", unique colours, unique songs. Love the ground and love the characters we''ve promoted to legendary status.

As far as what I hate, what was it a wise man once said?... "hell is other people"

I don''t think I truly hate anything. And you have to have the lows to enjoy the highs.

I love the social aspect, daft away days, meeting old friends and new. I love that my kids share my passion, and its something we all do together.

Our club is just a bit different to other clubs, I truly think we are unique.

As a long-term exile whenever I''m asked who I support people always smile when I say Norwich and I''ve never heard anyone say a bad word about the club (though not the football, particularly recently).

Most "big club" fans then proceed to be very patronising about us - and the outside world generally associates in-breeding with Norfolk, not Suffolk.

"In the beginning the word was....."

Hand on heart it''s just been a part of my life for so long it''s not so much about the things I enjoy or don''t, rather it''s just there.

Always there, win, lose or draw, promotion, relegation and promotion again, it''s a part of life like eating or breathing.

That''s not to say there''s any sense of ambivalence, not at all, it''s just after nearly forty years comes the sense of just ''going with the flow'' as far as possible and to preserve my own sanity.

That said, of all the relegations I''ve witnessed and there''s been a few, what I can hand in heart say is that the last one that was by far the easiest to have avoided.