Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

How have they kept it so quiet?!

If by the suggestion of the board we do have a new manager within a week, that would suggest it''ll be announced tomorrow. Somehow this time, despite this deadline being close no one has a clue who it''s going to be. We''ve had the normal media/bookies suggestions, also the usual bogus sightings. Whoever it is the identity has been well covered up. Maybe a leak will come out an hour or so before the press conference, but at this rate we really will be waiting to see who comes in to sit down at the conference desk!

And I''m loving the anticipation of it all!! Could it be that this a cunning master plan to re-kindle the spark for our team. Things have been pretty dire and the discontent high. But I can''t remember a positive buzz like this for a long long time.

Either they''ve done a real good job keeping it quiet or its Adams as he would be around he place regardless.

Hopefully the first for me.

I am not sure it does suggest an announcement tomorrow. It would still meet the self imposed timescale for an appointment to be made over the weekend with an announcement on Monday.

I am also not totally sure it was the wisest move to give a timescale because it creates an expectation in a situation where the Board may not have perfect control. I hope they do meet their timescale otherwise I fear it will become something else to beat the Board with - at a time when we need unity not division.

As annoying as it is I think it''s just because the media haven''t really been digging for it. For some reason the media is hellbent on ignoring us, on talksport yesterday for example they did next manager odds for West Brom, Spurs, West Ham (even though they have a fu(king manager) and even friggin Brighton and conveniently forgot about us.

If we were more fashionable we''d know more

....I just saw that, Morty - nothing really concrete, though. I guess we will find out soon enough but I want to know NOW!!

Lennon would be a pretty good choice - he will be absolutely desperate to succeed; we could also sit back and see Malky either prove his doubters right or wrong elsewhere (WBA or someone).

I was told that 4 were interviewed for the job, Malky, Zola, Adams and Lennon. I would say that means that we have permission to speak with him therefore job was probably his to lose.

Posters have only been concerned with who it will be for the last week, McNally & co will have been looking (interviewing even) since hughton''s was sacked, our focus has been elsewhere that is how the board have kept it quiet.

Suggests that although McNally said that it was prudent to have a Plan B a few months before the season ended (was it the same speech as the "worse than death" one?) actually there may not have been a Plan B all along1

The other vacancies will complicate things. It may take a while for it to sort out and WBA will be the main issue as a current PL club they will be more appealing than us and may be looking at many of the same names.

The silence is deafening! Especially as it''s more than likely a chain of changes to take place.

Malkay west ham?

Hughton west brom?

Lambert Celtic?

Amazed there''s been very little leaks from any of these affected clubs.

The only candidate is Adams.......thats easy to hush up.