Sign in to follow this  

Just had a quick look at oddschecker FWIW.

Malky still favourite at under 1/1, then Zola at 3/1, and Lennon, Adams and Sherwood at slightly longer odds.  Below them it jumps to the 20/1 shots.

For comparison, for the WBA job there is no clear front runner with Sherwood at 4/1 being the top of the list, with Malky at 5/1 and Hughton around 6/1 (!).

I must admit of the list above, Zola would worry me the most as he hasn''t really achieved much as a manager as far as I can see.

Bookies have no idea , most likely to be Malky or Adams the two most boring appointments we could possibly make and both have Delia Smith written all over them .

I don''t get the anti Mackay thing. If we were still in the top league I would understand but to get us back surely Mackay is the man.

[quote user="CANARYKING"]I don''t get the anti Mackay thing. If we were still in the top league I would understand but to get us back surely Mackay is the man.[/quote]not a single striker got to double figures in the championship when they got promotion.I want us to get back in the prem, but we should be playing somewhat attacking football with the squad we have

Private Frazer wrote the following post at 15/05/2014 3:54 PM:

Have a feeling money will start piling on Malky very soon.

At evens that looks like an excellent bet, I shall be having a large slice

Javier''s Deaf Translator: "not a single striker got to double figures in the championship when they got promotion."
Mackays strikers during the 2012-13 season:
Rudy Gestede
Joe Mason
Hiedar Helgusson
Nick Maynard
Fraizer Campbell
So, how many of those strikers would you consider very good championship strikers, capable of scoring 10 + goals in the Championship? I would suggest that only 2 of those strikers are what I would consider capable of reaching double figures in the Championship, Maynard and Campbell, and when you factor in that Campbell was signed in January and only made 12 appearances (scoring 7 goals btw) and that Nick Maynard was pretty much out for the season after 3 games for the club, it becomes apparent why the strikers failed to reach double figures: most weren''t good enough to do so and the ones who were capable had a limited amount of time to make an impact.
Lets not forget that Mackay was also in charge of Watford when they had Danny Graham, who scored 14 goals in his first season and 24 the season after, finishing top scorer in the Championship. Seems to me that if Mackay has some actual talent up-front, he can make them score goals.

I don''t know if you understand gambling Wazzock but that means if you have £10 on Adrian Forbes to be the next manager, you lose £10.

I really don''t get this insistence from some quarters at wanting to bash Malky: I couldn''t honestly give two hoots who Cardiff''s top scorer was and how many he got - they won the title, with a pretty ordinary bunch of players in the main - as Fry has pointed out.

Sharing the goals around is a quality that all top sides tend to do - and the top individual scorers often aren''t in the sides who win the titles.

[quote user="Canary from the Waveney Valley"]I wonder what odds you would get on the OP ever going to a game?[/quote]

You would lose your money on that one Waveney. ICF has done a few match reports oI recall, away games.

Yes if you believe the bookies the odds have dramatically changed as we approach the announcement time of one week set by board.

Neil Lennon looks like he is the one, to be honest I am surprised if he takes it , but we have to remember McNally tried to get him before and failed.

Neil is also probably fed up with the abuse he has had to put up with up there, and realises Celtic will waltz the title again next year.

Wants the challenge and after the Hooper deal respects McNally and Hooper would be able to give inside track on Lennon as a manager in comparison to Hughton

I have no idea if he is right choice as I suspect I could manage Celtic to the title in Scotland last year. Lennon is widely well respected and certainly will not put up with the crap Hughton got from his players!

Malkay on paper looks the right choice but there are many others like Nigel Clough and Billy Davies who could do the job.

McNally knows can not afford another bad appointment a s need to bounce back in next two years

Well he''s now 16/1, so I''d break your rule this once and become rich. As it''s 100% happening, it''s not even gambling it''s just free money.