Sign in to follow this  
#

Do you believe there are other candidates?

It will be Adams,  shortlist of 4?...........tell it to the marines.

Whilst still an attractive proposition, we''re probably no different to a lot of championship clubs now. Think this might well have been a very different selection process were we still a Premier League club. Things in our favour are that we have parachute payments and club is free of external debt. Already have a squad of very good players, with (if DM is to be believed) no financial or contractual pressure to sell, so new manager can within reason pick and choose who he keeps and brings in. Think we would have significant muscle in the transfer market and moreso if we make a few player sales. But we''re not going to be attracting interest from all over Europe like we might if we were still in the PL.

I think there are only a few names and that none of them are particularly ambitious. Just hope that the club have taken on board the fans reactions over the last few years and appoint someone who plays aggressive attacking football rather than the anti-football we''ve been subjected to

[quote user="skippdogg"]the shortlist is malky,lennon and zola no others[/quote]

Its deffo not Lennon.....period!

"Its deffo not Lennon.....period!"

Have you just started yours, sweetheart?

Do you believe there are other candidates?

Good question really. It all depends on what perception we have as fans, on how the board decides a manager.

Do they literally have a list of names and any of them would do if they gave a good interview.

Or do they have an absolute favourite, see what occurs, then have a second, third, fourth etc.

IMO they do have, say 3 or 4 names, how they actually decide as a board, I don''t know.

There are two ways of doing it.

1. Head hunt. Choose who you want and go for them in a big way to persuade them they are the one that is really wanted.

2. Invite applications and hold interviews. 

There are advantages in both ways, but if the board know what they want then the first way is as good as any.

[quote user="Buh"]I find the OP to be shallow and pedantic.[/quote]
[:D]

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]

Whilst still an attractive proposition, we''re probably no different to a lot of championship clubs now. Think this might well have been a very different selection process were we still a Premier League club. Things in our favour are that we have parachute payments and club is free of external debt. Already have a squad of very good players, with (if DM is to be believed) no financial or contractual pressure to sell, so new manager can within reason pick and choose who he keeps and brings in. Think we would have significant muscle in the transfer market and moreso if we make a few player sales. But we''re not going to be attracting interest from all over Europe like we might if we were still in the PL.

I think there are only a few names and that none of them are particularly ambitious. Just hope that the club have taken on board the fans reactions over the last few years and appoint someone who plays aggressive attacking football rather than the anti-football we''ve been subjected to

[/quote]

The type of football is irrelevant - it''s winning that keeps the fans on side.

Well if we are going to appoint a man by the end of the week i have never known the bookies to not have a clue this late in the day , Malky still the favourite at around even money , maybe the board really are as clueless as they appear and dont really know who they want .

[quote user="Wiz"]It will be Adams,  shortlist of 4?...........tell it to the marines.[/quote]

Dear Marines,There is a shortlist of 4.Love and hugs,The Pinkun Message Board.

No, got the whiff of Gunn all over this, keep the fans on side etc just without the public media campaign to appoint Adams like Gunn had

I find the OP to be shallow and pedantic

Huzzah.

[quote user="Wiz"]Easy question YES or NO.[/quote]

[quote user="Wiz"]File me under doubtful.[/quote]

Not quite easy enough it would seem...

Yes. There clearly are other candidates. If you''re so certain it''s Adams, Wiz, chuck a grand on him on Skybet at 15/2. I make that a nice £7500 profit. ANd as you know for certain he''s our man, there''s absolutely no risk!

Not even Wiz himself believes what he writes on here.

ricardo wrote the following post at 16/05/2014 8:52 AM:

It''s going to be Lennon.

I have a feeling that may be more than a speculative punt!

Buzz is Lennon is in Norwich

Not going to lie, I''d love him as manager.

A winner, determined to prove himself in the premier league.

[quote user="Buh"]Buzz is Lennon is in Norwich

Not going to lie, I''d love him as manager.

A winner, determined to prove himself in the premier league.[/quote]
Obviously I would get behind him.
But I really dont like the guy.
Winning lots of games would obviously warm him to me.

[quote user="Jenkins"]ricardo wrote the following post at 16/05/2014 8:52 AM: It''s going to be Lennon. I have a feeling that may be more than a speculative punt![/quote]

It won''t be Lennon, we haven''t even asked permission to speak to him yet!