Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Style and approach rather than individuals?

The four main names Ive seen mentioned are Lennon, Mackay, Zola and Adams.

Strikes me that with each you get quite a different approach. So rather than the candidates themselves as individuals, are the board more mulling over what the next approach should be in terms of the club ethos? The direction of the club and what will become ''the Norwich way'' rather than simply picking an individual.

Lennon - aggressive fast paced football from what I know of him. Mackay, defensive game of chess type football, Zola - more expressive attack focussed football, Adams - Attack based football and likely to try to bring the new ones through.

All the main candidates seem to have a different approach to the same problem and so who is hired may well indicate a lot about how the board feel the club should progress. A very interesting situation to be in, and I guess we''ll find out soon enough

It''s also down to the individual. I see Lennon and Malky as commanding respect as a manager, Zola less so although as a player obviously he is totally respected. Adams I see as slightly weaker as a personality, and was only a slightly above average player.

But the point you''re making is what type of football they''d offer. We all want to see attacking free flowing play, but at the expense of a poor defence? I say build from the back, which for me is Malky. In the Champ he''d know how to do this very well, and then there''s far more scope for his players to attack too in that league compared to the Prem. It''s not as if he''d set our team up every week as he did when Cardiff visited Carrow Road. Perhaps too many people are judging him on that.

Lennon has built a superb attacking outfit in the SPL, which to be fair is the only way Celtic should be playing against ridiculously inferior opponents every week, they look terrifying going forward sometimes. Could he inject some of that attacking philosophy at a club in a more level playing field?

Zola? Hmmmmm I''ve never been convinced. He''s high profile, but that''s it. Never over acheived anywhere which is what you want.

Well said. Every appointment is a gamble, let''s just hope ours works out this time.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

It''s also down to the individual. I see Lennon and Malky as commanding respect as a manager, Zola less so although as a player obviously he is totally respected. Adams I see as slightly weaker as a personality, and was only a slightly above average player.

But the point you''re making is what type of football they''d offer. We all want to see attacking free flowing play, but at the expense of a poor defence? I say build from the back, which for me is Malky. In the Champ he''d know how to do this very well, and then there''s far more scope for his players to attack too in that league compared to the Prem. It''s not as if he''d set our team up every week as he did when Cardiff visited Carrow Road. Perhaps too many people are judging him on that.

Lennon has built a superb attacking outfit in the SPL, which to be fair is the only way Celtic should be playing against ridiculously inferior opponents every week, they look terrifying going forward sometimes. Could he inject some of that attacking philosophy at a club in a more level playing field?

Zola? Hmmmmm I''ve never been convinced. He''s high profile, but that''s it. Never over acheived anywhere which is what you want.

[/quote]