Sign in to follow this  
he

Alex Tettey

It does amaze me that some clubs coming up into the premiership take players from the relegated sides wh have a history of being relegated, they have been relegated because they were not good enough....Bassong comes to mind, at least twice relegated, Olsson another and Tettey would be in that catagory.

I can''t say he would be a big loss, I''m sure our funds will stretch to a few young hungry player wih potential.

I don''t really know what to make of his admission really. Fair enough he''s not a Norwich fan etc and if he feels he can get a deal at a top flight club and we get alright money for him (bearing in mind we still have a year option on him that we might as well exploit rather than give him away otherwise what''s the point in having it) then fair enough.

I thought he might wait until our new boss is appointed (hopefully today) before rocking the boat.

I reckon Malky is eyeing the West Ham job. The problem there is obviously Big Sam''s stay of execution. His sacking has basically been delayed and it''s hard to see him survive that. Yet another harsh sacking on his CV looks to be imminent. I bet McNally has said to all candidates seperately, he wants the situation sorted by this week, then he''s told Malky the job is his, he just has to accept. If he rejects, it''ll go to Lennon and if he rejects it''ll be Zola/ Adams/ Whoever.

Too much is being made of this at the moment.

A reporter has clearly asked him about his future - all he has said is that he wants to be in the Norwegian international squad and to ensure that he has to be playing in as high a league as possible. Nothing shocking there.

He says that if an offer comes in from a premiership club he would have to "consider it carefully". Now first off, that is if we accepted the offer - he knows that.

It''s quite clear that whilst we are effectively manager-less he isn''t sure of his place in the side as a new manager may come in and not play him.

All common sense and stock answers if you ask me.

He is training at another club because I presume he is keeping fit for his international fixtures - possibly with the Norwegian squad or members of it.

Anyone

who thinks Tettey is Championship quality is in for a very rude awakening next

season !

Care to explain why you think this?

O believe he has the qualities to be one of the best players in his position in the Championship.

Alexander Tettey says he wants to play at the highest level and is open for talks with other clubs. He is training with Rosenborg during the summer. Does anybody think he is up for it in the Championship? I think it is in all interest that he finds a new club. He is to much injury prone and one good performance is followed by lots of bad perfomances. http://www.tv2.no/2014/05/15/sport/premier-league/fotball/5598793

The article reads to me that Tettey is simply keeping his options open, which you can''t blame him for, he''s 28 and only has a few more seasons to realistically stay in the Norwegian national set up.

In my opinion he''s good enough to play for a lower level Premiership side, I know when he wasn''t injured here we seemed to play better when he started, especially alongside Fer and Johnson as a mid field trio.

I''d be disappointed to see him go. I think he''d be fantastic in the Championship where it''s rougher as he''s a strong lad.

One part of our best midfield three along side Fer and Howson - we just didn''t see enough of this combination last season and that is one of the main reasons we find ourselves where we do. Naturally a defensive midfielder and knows how to play this position. would be sorry to see him leave.

I agree with you. AT good at his best, but lacks the ability to perform at a high level over long periods. And he is injury prone. Reminds me of John Carew, has the potential to be a very good player but lacks the inner inspiration to perform at a high level and to be be a winner. It always seems that he is happy just to play, and not to win. It''s not only AT in todays team with this particular problem, there''s too many journeymen. The result is is a relegation in their CV.

[quote user="splutcho"]Also, I know people will be quick to stick the boot in, but let''s face it, he''s still a far, far better player than Bradley Johnson.[/quote]

How dare you?

The ginger one will be on to shut you up, he doesnt see the misplaced passes like the rest of us

can''t see him getting a move instantly to the prem. Although we have BJ, Tettey is so much better than him.Would be good to have them both because he''ll find the amount of games tough (the same with fer)

Yes, and Tettey has never misplaced a (5 yard) pass in his Norwich career has he...?

Alex Tettey is a great player for those obsessed with statistics, but his overall contribution to the team last season was certainly not anything to write home about.

Good player, but injury prone and inconsistent.

He''s a defensive midfielder, he should be judged against our other defensive midfielder. Perhaps its a bit unfair as it happens to be Bradley Johnson who isn''t that good.

Did you see the goal v sunderland though, that was good

Yep, and he set up that goal against Arsenal 2 seasons ago.