Sign in to follow this  
he

Alex Tettey

Alexander Tettey says he wants to play at the highest level and is open for talks with other clubs.

He is training with Rosenborg during the summer.

Does anybody think he is up for it in the Championship? I think it is in all interest that he finds a new club. He is to much injury prone and one good performance is followed by lots of bad perfomances.

http://www.tv2.no/2014/05/15/sport/premier-league/fotball/5598793

iv never been overly impressed with tettey to be honest, and he certainly is never going to be good enough for anyone above bottom prem top championship,

Maybe the goal v sunderland went to his head

Not fussed either way about this one. Would be a good championship player. Doubt there would be any interest from the prem, distinctly average prem standard but injury prone.

Surprised if it''s true. But could be lost in translation, we''ll wait and see what happens.

Also, I know people will be quick to stick the boot in, but let''s face it, he''s still a far, far better player than Bradley Johnson.

Another frustrating player, when good he looks every bit a premier league holding player, but when he''s bad it''s hard to believe he''s a professional footballer. We have to many of these types of player in the squad where the performances are to up and down. I''d take a player who can find the middle ground on a more consistent basis, but IMO that middle ground needs to be higher than what Bradley Johnson offers.

Surprised about that. Championship is about his level IMHO; he can play Premiership but would stand out in the Champo. Is he good enough for the highest level?

Nope this

is correct. I`m from Norway and he is telling the media that he wants out. And

that he was sad to see Hugthon go.

http://www.adressa.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/article436038.snd

Hence my awful name I think he''s quality.

Knows his job and does it to a very good ability. Anybody not notice the difference between utd away and chelsea away? Tettey chases and chases, wins the ball and then doesn''t try to do anything stupid with it.

Johnson usually does the hard work then try''s some mad 90 yard pass. Gutted to be losing him

out of contract and on a decent wage, we won''t see him play for norwich again, if we wanted to keep him we would have offered him a contract by now.

Looking at the Adressa.No site they have a slightly different version of the Tettey interview.Now I do not know what''s going on, except I have one year left on his contract. Whether I''m there or not when the season starts, we will have to see. If someone offers me, it''s Norwich who decides what happens. (Google translation)Tettey is saying that he has a year to run on his contract, so perhaps the 12 month extension option has been taken up by the club. Be foolish of the club not to use this option or else he could leave on a free at the end of June.

Obviously the injuries are a bit of a problem because you''re never going to get a full season out of him and can we afford to carry someone like that in the squad? And I mean that in a financial/value for money way and not about his ability.

On the other hand, he is a good player and it''s a squad game.

If he didn''t have the injuries I''d have rather have him playing 46 games next season than I would Johnson.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Wont be bothered to see him go or stay, hes not as good as Bradders[/quote]

You are almost as mentally challenged as Mrs. Brownstone.

Tettey has a year left on his deal. The club exercised an option on him in January to extend it. So the bottom line is that Tettey will only leave if the price is right. As for people saying he is a lesser player than Bradley Johnson - I genuinely don''t know what you have been watching for the last 2 seasons. I like Bradley, he is a very whole hearted and committed player. But his distribution is very ordinary. Tettey is usually very neat and tidy on the ball in comparison.

He is saying fairly standard things for a player in his situation when talking to media in his home country - of course he wants to play at the highest level, he has proven he is capable.

I would be absolutely gutted if he does leave, I feel we should be looking to him as a key component within our team next season. He is an excellent defensive midfielder who does simple things very well. I do feel for him though and can understand his feelings when Johnson is picked ahead of him.

PLEASE STAY ALEX!!

He''s head and shoulders above Johnson and one of our better players. I think (like many others) Hughton''s style of play didn''t suit Tettey.

With a better manager i think we would see a vastly improved Tettey.

Plus, what professional player doesn''t want to play at the highest level?

Usually when there is a thread about one of our midfield players the opportunity is used to have a dig about Bradley Johnson, as has happened here.

Alex Tettey........when he is good he is very good, but I think his head drops a bit when the going gets tough, he is actually inconsistent in form and does seem to be a little injury prone, so over a full season I question his overall contribution. But no denying, at his best, he is a better player than Bradley Johnson.

BUT, BJ whilst not a super star of the team, did put in a lot of very decent hard working battling shifts over the last two seasons, and I would suggest that over the season is actually a better player to have in the squad than Tettey is, particularly in The Championship where a lot of battles need to be won.

So, considering he has a year left on his contract, the club should certainly cash in as much as they can on Alex Tettey, because any player that wants out.....must go........simple as... 

Talk about over-reactions...Of course the guy wants to be playing at the top level - do we really want players who don''t have the ambition to be in a better league than the Championship?He''s so much better than Johnson that it''s not even funny, and he could play a massive part in an immediate return to the prem if he stays fit and gets used correctly.This is one of those situations where unless someone is offering BIG money for his signature, then we should do the best we can to keep him, but with only a year left on his contract, we''re hardly in a strong negotiating position...Easily one of our top 3-4 players when on form and fit, and an absolute must keep if possible.

In a season where almost everyone has looked average at best, Tettey is one of the few who has shown some capability of being quality. He is the sort of player we need to keep, get motivated and have firing on all cylinders come August.

It is difficult to assess with most of the arrivals in the last couple of years whether they are just not as good as we thought or have been hampered by Hughton. However this is the sort of player we need to keep if we want to stand a chance of standing out in the Champs.

Sorry to be blunt here but if he''s not up for a scrap he can just ferk off. [:@]

Alex Tettey is totally deluded. Not even guaranteed a place in a poor Norwich side last season, so I don''t know where he thinks he is going to go in the PL. At best one of the promoted clubs will pick him up as a squad player on the cheap.

I seem to remember him thinking he was a top player when we signed him.

If he''s not up for the fight then let''s get rid of him.

BUT, BJ whilst not a super star of the team, did put in a lot of very

decent hard working battling shifts over the last two seasons, and I would

suggest that over the season is actually a better player to have in the

squad than Tettey
is, particularly in The Championship where a lot of

battles need to be won.

Please elaborate on this statement? I struggle to think of more than a couple. I appreciate everyone has their own takes on games etc however having not missed many games over the past 3 years I really struggle to see what he contributes? He may try hard but effort alone is not good enough! The insistence of our managers to play him is a big reason in our downfall in my opinion. It is inexcusable for a Premier League team to play any player who simply cannot pass the ball or allows players to run past him so frequently.