Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

How many of you care about Ipswich?

I think Man U fans like to say they can''t be bothered about Leeds.  But they certainly had a go at Snoddy every time we played at Old Trafford !  They clearly remembered him from their cup defeat to Leeds a few years back.  So I think they care about Leeds a bit more than they admit.

I''ve never understood Ipswich or Norwich fans who say they wish the other team would go bust/out of business. I could understand if it were a Celtic/Rangers or Real Madrid/Barcelona where it would have an incredible benefit on the other. If we didn''t have a rival football would be boring. No one to want to beat more than anyone else, no one to hope results go against every week...and don''t give me that Wolves/Col Utd/Leeds/Villa ****. They all mean nothing to us. Why people consider them rivals I''ll never know.

[quote user="worsethandeath"]I''ve never understood Ipswich or Norwich fans who say they wish the other team would go bust/out of business. I could understand if it were a Celtic/Rangers or Real Madrid/Barcelona where it would have an incredible benefit on the other.

If we didn''t have a rival football would be boring. No one to want to beat more than anyone else, no one to hope results go against every week...and don''t give me that Wolves/Col Utd/Leeds/Villa ****. They all mean nothing to us. Why people consider them rivals I''ll never know.
[/quote]

Yeah, you clearly don''t understand.

It''s not about wanting a benefit from them going out of business.  It''s about detesting them.

It''s true that it makes it less exciting without the local rivalry, as we''ve seen the last 3 seasons.  But I''d still rather see the scum go out of business.  And have their stadium demolished.  And salt sowed into the ground.

Clear now ?

Lets face it when Bygones was still on the box the Scum were a decent side... BUT that was 30 odd years ago... who the fluck are they again?

Apparently to a handful of the exceedingly exceedingly exceedingly exceedingly mentally challenged here, I love them.

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have never figured why they are a local derby. Surely their derby should be Colchester? Ipswich weren''t even in league football till just before WWII!

43 miles is not even close and in a different county as well.

Having said that as my first game was in 1960, I have been present at one or two "tasty" matches between the clubs so I suppose it is two matches a season when even the quietest of supporters might make some noise.[/quote]

Was it you kicked that sand pail?

Apart from " its character forming " I am totally dismayed at the lack of animosity shown here against the "scum"

I started going to CR in the late sixties ,,, and the first thing that you learnt as a Norwich supporter was that You hated the club down the road !

Yes its tribalism ,,, but it''s also the passion that you hold for the club whose existence feeds your soul... I believe that a true supporter of NCFC looks to see if the "scum " have lost first,before looking to see how City have fared when away from home .

Maybe it sounds sad to some .... but I assure you ,,, that to me ,, it is a sad day when a Norwich City supporter no longer despises that lot who scurry among bins ....

Shame on you !!

That team from Suffolk...just a minor irritant. Trying to fly that banner over CR was so funny - they didn''t even get off the ground. Incompetent idiots (sums up their club). 6 points coming our way next season.

I always look out for their results, and will admit to a read of TWTD what ever league we or they are in...and rejoice in their failures.

I was born in, and have never lived or worked outside this county, and having had a lifelong passion for football, playing and supporting, it was impossible to grow up here and not be aware of the rivalry that exists between Norfolk and Suffolk as counties, and therefore their biggest clubs.

I feel quite indifferent to most clubs..except Ipswich.

For me it its not just a win and three points.. its a grudge match, its pride of Anglia, its weeks, months even years of bragging rights.

How good it felt to stuff them 5-1 last outing, says everything...even Carrow Road was filled with people watching the beam back for goodness sake....

For the last 3 years I have not given them a second thought.

Next season I''ll likely think of them twice.

The rivalry seamed more intense 30 or so years ago in the Robson, Mills, Mariner eara.

So they go out of business and we rejoice for the next 10/20/30 years

then what? Our children/grand children will never experience the

atmosphere of the games or the intense hatred felt for a rival. Or they

might be singing songs about how much they hate Kings Lynn, who knows.

I always want the scum to lose whoever they are playing. I would have no problems with them going belly up as they are likely to become Suffolk''s second team as Lowestoft climb the leagues.

I care

when we play them

and that we are above them in a league

ohhh and wish midtable for life on them

It seems that the majority can''t be ar$ed about them. Likewise I couldn''t give a toss about them.

How about a hypothetical question?

Would you take automatic promotion back to the Premiership over two 7-0 hammerings by Ipswich next season?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="keelansgrandad"]I have never figured why they are a local derby. Surely their derby should be Colchester? Ipswich weren''t even in league football till just before WWII!

Having said that as my first game was in 1960, I have been present at one or two "tasty" matches between the clubs so I suppose it is two matches a season when even the quietest of supporters might make some noise.[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at that end but didn''t go on the pitch. Everybody was ropeable after that first half. Keelan toboganning on his own backside. Then out comes the sand. Murder was in mind!

[quote user="keelansgrandad"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

I was at that end but didn''t go on the pitch. Everybody was ropeable after that first half. Keelan toboganning on his own backside. Then out comes the sand. Murder was in mind![/quote]

That was probably the first sign that they were the cheating scumbags that they''ve since proved themselves to be...