Sign in to follow this  
Wimbledoncanary

Lennon Vs Malkay

Lennon- manages a team which plays sides of league 1/2 talent . Not tested for last 2/3 years due to Rangers being relegated. Prior to this Alex McLeash and Ally McCoist easily outwitted him in SPL. Look how McLeish faired in PL and thats with him being Sctland national team boss….that being said if Lennon comes more likely to keep Snodders and Hooper. Probably more attractive football .

Malk- proven in championship // half season premier league. Liabiity to fall out with management , defensive football . Questionable high value transfer flops.

Thoughts? not sure on either one tbh

McCoist did not outwit him. Lennon won the league by 21 points when McCoist managed the old Rangers.

Anyway,

One spent £30 million and would have gotten Cardiff relegated, the other spent £7 million and battered Barcelona to get into the Last 16.

Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.

Always preferred Lennon, but never thought we''d actually get him, what with being a Championship club again. Usually, like at Notts Forest, people rule themselves out by the day if they''re not interested. A lot of people did it with that job, Malky being one of them. So far, nobody we "seem" to be interested in has ruled themselves out. That means, in my opinion, that all the rumoured candidates are interested. Lennon, Zola, Malky. All interested, but perhaps with Lennon and Malky, both waiting to see what other offers come their way.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.[/quote]

We dominated them in midfield. Went 2-0 up. SKY pundits said it''s the quietest they''ve ever seen Xavi.

People claim we parked the bus, our RB got injured and Lennon brought on an 18 year old striker. And you all know what happened next.

I''m no fan of Scottish football have always thought our Lg1 is better, some have said that we won''t get Lennon due to us dropping out of the premier league, but its in my opinion that the only way he will get to manage a team in the Premier league is if he gets a team promoted into the league, Could that be us, Could it also see players like Hooper Wolfi start to score goals and if If we were to lose Ruddy we might just stand a chance of getting Forster

Seems No one wants to see the big man here….I honestly think he''s less of a risk then Lennon.Name me one manager who has come from the SPL (bar Ferguson) who has made a solid impact in the premier league. Strachan came back and made a mess of what looked like a solid bork squad , McCleish got birmingham relegated. These were SPL winning managers at the time. I can''t see Lennon doing much better. Go for the one with more championship experience as far as I concerned. Even take Zola above Lennon. I just don''t think the irish man will be unto the job. I could be wrong and Ill put my hand up if that is the case but Im not convinced.

Either way it''s clearly a very important decision and bears no resemblance whatsoever to Hughton''s job getting Newcastle back up at the first attempt. Quite frankly if CH could do that anybody could have.

Malky is less of a risk IMO. The fact that Lennon has only succeeded in a one horse race does not make him a bad manager though but Mackay has more to his cv which is relevant to NCFC at this moment in time.

[quote user="Wimbledoncanary"]Seems No one wants to see the big man here….I honestly think he''s less of a risk then Lennon.Name me one manager who has come from the SPL (bar Ferguson) who has made a solid impact in the premier league. Strachan came back and made a mess of what looked like a solid bork squad , McCleish got birmingham relegated. These were SPL winning managers at the time. I can''t see Lennon doing much better. Go for the one with more championship experience as far as I concerned. Even take Zola above Lennon. I just don''t think the irish man will be unto the job. I could be wrong and Ill put my hand up if that is the case but Im not convinced.[/quote]

Ever heard of a guy called Sir Alex Ferguson?

You know, the British manager than won all those trophies, but the Scottish man that chose David Moyes?

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.[/quote]

We dominated them in midfield. Went 2-0 up. SKY pundits said it''s the quietest they''ve ever seen Xavi.

People claim we parked the bus, our RB got injured and Lennon brought on an 18 year old striker. And you all know what happened next.[/quote]

Barcelona had 73% possession and 24 goal attempts against Celtics 27% possession and 5 goal attempts.Barcelona hit the woodwork twiceDress it up however you like but you parked the bus and got lucky as demonstrated by the 6-1 drubbing they gave you a year later

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.[/quote]

People claim we parked the bus, our RB got injured and Lennon brought on an 18 year old striker. And you all know what happened next.[/quote]

Barcelona had 73% possession and 24 goal attempts against Celtics 27% possession and 5 goal attempts.Barcelona hit the woodwork twiceDress it up however you like but you parked the bus and got lucky as demonstrated by the 6-1 drubbing they gave you a year later

[/quote]

I was at the game, we did not park the bus. We also almost drew 1-1 with them same year at Camp Nou, unfortunately they scored an injury time winner - had they not, we would have won the group.

My problem with Malkay is he has stated would like to manage another Premier side. Really do not want to be second choice , my gut feeling is Lennon is boards preferred choice but Celtic may play hard ball over him.

That is why all quiet up north no denials he is leaving and delay to sort out compensation.

Malkay is simple and would have been announced today

But I could be talking rubbish as usual, but think McNally prefers to get manager who still has job and is wanted by club rather than one on shelf who has lost his job.

Must say do not envy board tough decision, which must get right

Oh and if Neil Warnock gets job odds shortening but still 18 - 1 , I will give up on the board having any sense

[quote user="Champions"][quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at the game, we did not park the bus. We also almost drew 1-1 with them same year at Camp Nou, unfortunately they scored an injury time winner - had they not, we would have won the group.[/quote]Very similar game to the home oneBarcelona had 73% possession and 26 goal attempts against Celtics 23% possession and 4 goal attemptsBarcelona hit the woodwork onceDress it up however  you like but you parked the bus but did`nt get lucky this time.I hope Lennon stays with you, poor mans Roy Keane as a player and a poor mans Martin O`Neil as a manager

[quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="Molly Windley"][quote user="Champions"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Liberal use of the word "Battered" there. They soaked up loads of pressure, Forster had the game of his life and they scored a late winner on the counter attack. Still admirable, but battered is well wide of the mark.[/quote]

[/quote]

I was at the game, we did not park the bus. We also almost drew 1-1 with them same year at Camp Nou, unfortunately they scored an injury time winner - had they not, we would have won the group.[/quote]Very similar game to the home oneBarcelona had 73% possession and 26 goal attempts against Celtics 23% possession and 4 goal attemptsBarcelona hit the woodwork onceDress it up however  you like but you parked the bus but did`nt get lucky this time.I hope Lennon stays with you, poor mans Roy Keane as a player and a poor mans Martin O`Neil as a manager[/quote]

Keep trolling. Lennon''s probably won more in the last 3 years as manager of Celtic than your club has ever won.

You''d be over the moon if a Champions League manager took over your Championship team.

[quote user="Wimbledoncanary"]yes because celtics champions league striker we signed was so prolific. Perfect sense .[/quote]

He''s started like 9 games and scored 6. Plus he isn''t a lone striker.

Is Colin Wakner in the running. The man the fans love to hate! I''ll look forward to the ''Warnock out'' campaign starting half way through the season when we''re stuck in mid-table!