Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

Accepting the Board's choice

Reading posts on here over the past month reveal such a split mood on potential new managers. There appear to be plenty of people against EVERY candidate.

Is it most likely that once the first ball of the new campaign is kicked in August ''everyone'' will get fully behind the Board''s choice or will the crowd be as divided on the new man as they were on Hughton (even from his friendlies!).

We need Carrow Road roaring again, as under Lambert, if we want to bounce back.

The expectations are for the team to be there or thereabouts throughout the season.

If this fails to materialise then the Board will likely face criticism for "getting it wrong." There is no guarantee that the right man for the situation will be found and this is highlighted by the various preferences on this forum. MM and Lennon seem to be the favourites and also seem to be split evenly amongst us. A third of preferences seem to be divided amongst the others.

Once the new manager has been announced it goes without say that he should receive unanimous support whatever our fate. It will never be a cut and  dried decision.

I will retain a feeling of slight resentment should Adams be chosen, however, for I feel he has blown it. His brief tenure could hardly have been more of a failure and I found his tactics for the last 105 minutes of football bizarre.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]And that''s why football is so interesting as I couldn''t disagree with your analysis of Adams more.[/quote]

You''ve got to kidding? Adams as permanent manager?

It was a bit of a joke to give him the five games, but full time.

His tactics and team selections were strange at best bizzare at worst. I''d be gutted.

I might have been inclined to agree with you Bristol if we had got, or even looked like getting, more than one point from fifteen.

However, this thread is not meant to rake over NA''s rather dismal tenure.

If the Board decide that he is the man I will remain one of those in disagreement but, like everybody else, I will give the man my full support, whatever that amounts to these days.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Reading posts on here over the past month reveal such a split mood on potential new managers. There appear to be plenty of people against EVERY candidate.

Is it most likely that once the first ball of the new campaign is kicked in August ''everyone'' will get fully behind the Board''s choice or will the crowd be as divided on the new man as they were on Hughton (even from his friendlies!).

We need Carrow Road roaring again, as under Lambert, if we want to bounce back.[/quote]

Whoever it is that comes in will have a huge task to motivate the players - and inspire fans.  Its going to take a strong character imo, not just a good manager.  John Bond when he took over was like a breath of fresh air, charismatic and as positive as you could imagine.   The club changed almost instantly.   We could do with someone of that magnitude to come in and give everyone a good kick up the backside - including fans - as he simply brushed away any suggestions that we wouldn''t do well. His confidence was infectious and permeated everywhere.

Who could do that?   Neil Warnock maybe.   I don''t know much about Eddie Howe, but have a hunch that he could follow in John Bond''s footsteps - and if people remember - it was quite a surprise when John Bond left his beloved Bournemouth - so it could happen.   If we go looking for Howe, we are a bigger and more exciting prospect than B''nmouth - he may be tempted by it.   I hope so.

How about Warnock DoF and Howe as manager?   That would inspire me again.  

I am bored of speculating now, and am happy to just let them get on with it.