Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Board Meeting this afternoon according to Mike Sewell

Heard this earlier on today and thought it was guff. Probably no announcement today but its nearly there I reckon.

They said definately this week though. It''s hard to imagine them doing an announcement tomorrow or Sunday.

Actually quite nervous/ excited to see who it will be. As long as we get a name with proven success i''ll be reasonably happy, none of this gambling on Popovic or ''giving Neil a chance'' nonsense. They may both turn out to be the next Mourinho one day but this season is not the time to take big gambles like that.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]They said definately this week though. It''s hard to imagine them doing an announcement tomorrow or Sunday.[/quote]
We sacked a manager on Sunday so no reason we wouldn''t announce a manager on Sunday.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]They said definately this week though. It''s hard to imagine them doing an announcement tomorrow or Sunday.[/quote]

We sacked a manager on Sunday so no reason we wouldn''t announce a manager on Sunday.

[/quote]

Exactly, probably wouldn''t get a press conference, but an offical statement and a few tweets wouldn''t be beyond them on a Sunday.

Didn''t they annouce the RVW signing at around 11pm on a Friday?

I did tell you lot! Discussions are about Lennon or Sherwood!

Check the McNally''s one week deadline thread!

Apparently the board are spilt between two candidates, hence the lack of announcement. Who they are split between is anyones guess but Malky would be my guess, I''ve seen suggestions that Lennon is not really in the running. So maybe Sherwood is the second.

Well my sauce says its between Lennon or Sherwood.

[quote user="barkingmad"]Well my sauce says its between Lennon or Sherwood.[/quote]
I''m not convinced about Lennon, Michael Bailey has said from what he''s heard Lennon is not really in the running but that Malky is definitely in the running. 

My SAUCE tells me it''s between Lenin & Stalin....I prefer Stalin.

OK Ginja, just relaying what I heard this morning, at least the board meeting part was right. I am surprised that there''s been no mutterings from Celtic tbh.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="barkingmad"]Well my sauce says its between Lennon or Sherwood.[/quote]

I''m not convinced about Lennon, Michael Bailey has said from what he''s heard Lennon is not really in the running but that Malky is definitely in the running. 

[/quote]

Perhaps there is an avoidance of having to pay celtic some compensation?

[quote user="barkingmad"]OK Ginja, just relaying what I heard this morning, at least the board meeting part was right. I am surprised that there''s been no mutterings from Celtic tbh.[/quote]
That''s what surprises me as well I would have thought they''d have had a big press release by now if he was a front runner.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="barkingmad"]Well my sauce says its between Lennon or Sherwood.[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s probably just repeating what Mick Dennis said, but Mick didn''t think it was Malky would get it.

I have no past that would suggest that you''d hold any stock in what I''d say here, but I do believe that Malky isn''t keen on this job. From what Michael Bailey says and my own belief and knowledge on Malky, that he and Neil Lennon are not in the running.

This would suggest:

Zola, Sherwood, Garcia or Adams. Bit of a sorry list.

[quote user="Icecream Snow"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="barkingmad"]Well my sauce says its between Lennon or Sherwood.[/quote]

[/quote]

He''s probably just repeating what Mick Dennis said, but Mick didn''t think it was Malky would get it.

[/quote]
The conclusion of this is that none of us are any the wiser.
Other than there is a meeting (maybe) and it''s between two candidates (or more) (possibly)

I think they will ask for more time. Or not ask, but tell us they need more time. That will be the outcome. The manager will be named next week. That''s my prediction.

[quote user="Twenty Eight Goals"]If it''s not Malky or Lennon then the bookies have got it badly wrong. Possible, but they don''t often get it wrong.[/quote]I must have missed Lennon taking over at Everton a year ago than, given that the betting market had that as a certainty

I said the bookies don''t often get it wrong - not that they are always right (there''s a difference). And after all their business depends on getting it right much more often than not.

[quote user="Twenty Eight Goals"]If it''s not Malky or Lennon then the bookies have got it badly wrong. Possible, but they don''t often get it wrong.[/quote]
Bookies don''t get anything wrong, they just make lots of money. In fact I imagine they will make the biggest profit if it''s not Malky or Lennon.

If there is a board meeting this afternoon Stephen Fry isn''t involved as he is merrily tweeting away.

Although he is just a plastic director, right?

[quote user="Leedscanary"]If there is a board meeting this afternoon Stephen Fry isn''t involved as he is merrily tweeting away.

Although he is just a plastic director, right?[/quote]He''s really brainy, so he can multitask.