Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

The longer it goes on

the more likely we''ll end up with Adams. I get the impression we are after other bigger fish but one by one they are turning us down.

[quote user="crabbycanary"]Agree with Morty

I actually see it, that the longer it goes on , it''s more likely Adams won''t get the job[/quote]

And yet another Guess who thread

McNally said that the manager would be announced within a week. If it isn''t announced today then I reckon it will be tomorrow

Wake up posters, it was only ever Adams from the start.

I was expecting something by Friday. The delay suggests to me that there is a problem somewhere along the line. Those who have had a bet would do well to have a saver on Adams now that his price has ballooned out to 20-1.I still fancy Lennon but I''m not party to any inside info so it''s just a guess based on what little I''ve seen on Sky Sports.As long as it isn''t Warnock, I don''t really care who gets it. The likelihood of them lasting more than 2 yrs in the job is pretty small anyway.

[quote user="Wiz"]Wake up posters, it was only ever Adams from the start.[/quote]

If it was Adams, it would have been announced by now.  If the board don''t get who they want and have to appoint Adams, then we will know that Adams was not the first choice. 

[quote user="breadman"]It will be Lennon, agreeing compo with celtic has just taken a bit longer than DM expected[/quote]

Charlie Wyett seems fairly certain it''s not Lennon, but just out of interest, does anyone know what Lennon''s contract situation is at Celtic?

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]

[quote user="breadman"]It will be Lennon, agreeing compo with celtic has just taken a bit longer than DM expected[/quote]

Charlie Wyett seems fairly certain it''s not Lennon, but just out of interest, does anyone know what Lennon''s contract situation is at Celtic?

[/quote]

Lennon is on a one year rolling contract and as such permission for an approach must be sought first.

[quote user="breadman"]

Lennon is on a one year rolling contract and as such permission for an approach must be sought first.

[/quote]

Cheers!

That''s what I had thought could be the case, or that we are doing the gentlemanly thing by giving Celtic a little time to get the wheels moving on finding a replacement. Could be trying to sweeten any compo deal because of that Norwich/Celtic family rubbish, especially if Lennon wants to bring players or backroom staff with him.

I suspect Malky is first choice but they have messed around so long he is in the frame for the WBA job and is sitting on the fence to see if that happens and who can blame him. If we have to go to second or third choices then we may be in trouble

''I suspect Malky is first choice but they have messed around so long he is in the frame for the WBA job and is sitting on the fence to see if that happens and who can blame him. If we have to go to second or third choices then we may be in trouble''

I wondered similar. Maybe the back end of the season somebody said they''d be interested. Now with Prem teams starting to ditch their managers again. They''ve had a change of heart.