Sign in to follow this  
sonyc

If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

This is my one concern. He seems committed and driven and could be good. But....when you''re used to running away with the League each year how do know what it''s like to lose more often?. Especially when there are expectations that you are considered one of the bigger boys. I am sure he is never complacent but I think it will be unchartered territory for him

he played at this level for a lot of his career so he will know what its like.

Lennon reminds me in his media work as very similar to Lambert. Quiet and a little terse. Think Lambert rated him so I recall. Anyway Lapps I hope we have a year winning most games!

If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

Excellent question.   He is in a Scottish bubble where winning is pretty much taken for granted and the mentality will be somewhat different if he comes south to manage.   That may suit him - it may not.  But it is a question that has to be answered - as far as he is concerned.   I would prefer it if he went to another club to practice his managing technique on - and prove himself at championship level - like Malky, Hughton and Lambert - before perhaps coming on to Norwich at some stage.    He may be hungry to achieve at a higher level than the Scottish League - but its not a given that he can do it with us - in fact if we struggled for results and the attacking side of the game  didn''t improve the atmosphere would soon turn pretty negative again. 

There are no sure fire winners out there who we know will do a good job, but for me, our club is too important to give to an unproven manager - unproven in the sense of being at a club that it is not taken for granted to be top of the league week in week out.  

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

Excellent question.   He is in a Scottish bubble where winning is pretty much taken for granted and the mentality will be somewhat different if he comes south to manage.   That may suit him - it may not.  But it is a question that has to be answered - as far as he is concerned.   I would prefer it if he went to another club to practice his managing technique on - and prove himself at championship level - like Malky, Hughton and Lambert - before perhaps coming on to Norwich at some stage.    He may be hungry to achieve at a higher level than the Scottish League - but its not a given that he can do it with us - in fact if we struggled for results and the attacking side of the game  didn''t improve the atmosphere would soon turn pretty negative again. 

There are no sure fire winners out there who we know will do a good job, but for me, our club is too important to give to an unproven manager - unproven in the sense of being at a club that it is not taken for granted to be top of the league week in week out.  

[/quote]

If ....as is obvious.. you insist on boring us all with your incessant and banal posts ....could you please read " Daniel Bridgehams " blogs ,,, and please try to make your posting more like his ??

Interesting would be a good start maybe ?

[quote user="lake district canary"]If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

[/quote]

He''s proven himself in the Champions League - you English like to pretend he didn''t, but he did.

Why does he need to prove himself in a league that is irrelevant outside of England? Italian, German, Spanish, Polish, any countries team will not clamber for a manager because he won the English Championship.

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

Excellent question.   He is in a Scottish bubble where winning is pretty much taken for granted and the mentality will be somewhat different if he comes south to manage.   That may suit him - it may not.  But it is a question that has to be answered - as far as he is concerned.   I would prefer it if he went to another club to practice his managing technique on - and prove himself at championship level - like Malky, Hughton and Lambert - before perhaps coming on to Norwich at some stage.    He may be hungry to achieve at a higher level than the Scottish League - but its not a given that he can do it with us - in fact if we struggled for results and the attacking side of the game  didn''t improve the atmosphere would soon turn pretty negative again.  There are no sure fire winners out there who we know will do a good job, but for me, our club is too important to give to an unproven manager - unproven in the sense of being at a club that it is not taken for granted to be top of the league week in week out.  

[/quote]

If ....as is obvious.. you insist on boring us all with your incessant and banal posts ....could you please read " Daniel Bridgehams " blogs ,,, and please try to make your posting more like his ??

Interesting would be a good start maybe ?[/quote]

Ok, I''ll put it more succinctly - go and f*ck yourself. 

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="lake district canary"]If Lennon how will he cope not winning nearly every match?

Excellent question.   He is in a Scottish bubble where winning is pretty much taken for granted and the mentality will be somewhat different if he comes south to manage.   That may suit him - it may not.  But it is a question that has to be answered - as far as he is concerned.   I would prefer it if he went to another club to practice his managing technique on - and prove himself at championship level - like Malky, Hughton and Lambert - before perhaps coming on to Norwich at some stage.    He may be hungry to achieve at a higher level than the Scottish League - but its not a given that he can do it with us - in fact if we struggled for results and the attacking side of the game  didn''t improve the atmosphere would soon turn pretty negative again.  There are no sure fire winners out there who we know will do a good job, but for me, our club is too important to give to an unproven manager - unproven in the sense of being at a club that it is not taken for granted to be top of the league week in week out.  

[/quote]

Interesting would be a good start maybe ?[/quote]

Ok, I''ll put it more succinctly - go and f*ck yourself. 

[/quote]

That is a good start ! You definitely raised the level of your post from banality to aggressive obscenity ! Now with some added intelligence would be nice .

If we''re aiming for automatic promotion we need to win nearly every match. The issue is whether Lennon can achieve this, not whether he can cope with not achieving it.