Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Mark Robins

A name that was banded around the last time we were looking for a manager, yet has hardly raised a squeak from fans this time.

What''s changed in people''s eyes?

Not sure what hes actually achieved, to warrant being linked to us, im pretty sure he wouldnt be mentioned without havin NCFC connections

1 name i am surprised never seems to be linked is steve evans currently at Rotherham, Has a good consistent record of promotions /success at his 3-4 clubs hes managed, i know he can be a bit love or hate and will upset people but maybe thats what we need. We need someone that wants to make the next step up, and wont let anyone at the club slacken or be passengers

[quote user="YellowFellow"]Not sure what hes actually achieved, to warrant being linked to us, im pretty sure he wouldnt be mentioned without havin NCFC connections 1 name i am surprised never seems to be linked is steve evans currently at Rotherham, Has a good consistent record of promotions /success at his 3-4 clubs hes managed, i know he can be a bit love or hate and will upset people but maybe thats what we need. We need someone that wants to make the next step up, and wont let anyone at the club slacken or be passengers[/quote]

Are you serious ?......Boston United, Crawley. Rotherham !!!!! 

I really think are sights are slightly higher don''t you ?

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="YellowFellow"]Not sure what hes actually achieved, to warrant being linked to us, im pretty sure he wouldnt be mentioned without havin NCFC connections 1 name i am surprised never seems to be linked is steve evans currently at Rotherham, Has a good consistent record of promotions /success at his 3-4 clubs hes managed, i know he can be a bit love or hate and will upset people but maybe thats what we need. We need someone that wants to make the next step up, and wont let anyone at the club slacken or be passengers[/quote]

[/quote]

Livingston, Wycombe, Colchester....

If we find the "right" man that should be all that matters...

;-)

[quote user="Pauls Ferry"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Livingston, Wycombe, Colchester.... If we find the "right" man that should be all that matters... ;-)[/quote]

At that time we were in League One and skint. Slightly different circumstances to 2014 in my book. In 2009 we started the season on the rocks and and on an ever increasing downward spiral until Lambert pitched up. I see this season as hopefully just a blip with financial stability behind the scenes and a far better crop of players assuming only a few jump ship as opposed to no players last time we suffered a relegation thanks to Doomcaster and Roeders policy of freebies and loanees.

[quote user="YellowFellow"]Not sure what hes actually achieved, to warrant being linked to us, im pretty sure he wouldnt be mentioned without havin NCFC connections

1 name i am surprised never seems to be linked is steve evans currently at Rotherham, Has a good consistent record of promotions /success at his 3-4 clubs hes managed, i know he can be a bit love or hate and will upset people but maybe thats what we need. We need someone that wants to make the next step up, and wont let anyone at the club slacken or be passengers[/quote]

GOD NO!!!!

As an exile in Lincolnshire I used to spend my Saturday afternoons at Boston''s York Street, until Steve Evans returned as manager. The man is a crook, a thief and a cheat - and they are his good qualities. He brings in new payers by the tonne, some of whom turn out to be gems, but most are duds. He falls out with everyone, and wherever he goes it ends in tears. McNally would never stomach him.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Pauls Ferry"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote] Livingston, Wycombe, Colchester.... If we find the "right" man that should be all that matters... ;-)[/quote]

At that time we were in League One and skint. Slightly different circumstances to 2014 in my book. In 2009 we started the season on the rocks and and on an ever increasing downward spiral until Lambert pitched up. I see this season as hopefully just a blip with financial stability behind the scenes and a far better crop of players assuming only a few jump ship as opposed to no players last time we suffered a relegation thanks to Doomcaster and Roeders policy of freebies and loanees.

[/quote]

What do circumstances have to do with it? Either somebody is a good manager or they aren''t. Lambert turned out to be good.

You are effectively saying we don''t want a manager from the lower leagues even if they are as good as Lambert was?

The point is however that neither Steve Evans or Mark Robins are Lambert good!! I would consider Robins as our next manager if we end up in the championship for the long haul.