Sign in to follow this  
Wizard of Waveney

A week on are you still hurting?

I am a real fan I go home and away to every game. I am hurting more than last week.

The whole campaign, the style of play, the division amongst the fans, the relegation, the binners taking the juice.

More than any other relegation we have had this hurts the most because it was avoidable and unnecessary.

Even standing at Charlton knowing we were in financial trouble and going down to the third tier didn''t hurt as much or maybe time is a healer and it did atthe time

Am I the only one?

I accepted relegation weeks ago, I''m over it and am looking forward to what will hopefully be a competitive season in the Championship now. Will be nice to be heading down to the ground with some optimism again.

Agree that this was the most avoidable of the 4 relegations I''ve experienced as a City fan, oddly it was the easiest to take for me though.

Nope, the writing had been on the wall far too long

Just want and need the new manager sorted and then onward and upward into next season.

Good post. Personally I am not feeling it as much as CH produced such a slow decline that there was no sense of shock at the end.

I am dissappointed though as it just seemed so avoidable.

[quote user="the bristol nest"]Good post. Personally I am not feeling it as much as CH produced such a slow decline that there was no sense of shock at the end.

I am dissappointed though as it just seemed so avoidable.[/quote]

I agree with Bristol .. but also have similar feelings to the OP.

I can''t move on until we have some positive movement within the club ,,, right now ,,, waiting for the new manager ,,, and fearing who it may be ...waiting all summer to get going in the Chumps .. none of this is assisting with a "moving on "

Its not about " manning Up" ....far from it , it all about loving the club , and the trepidation that this transitional period will naturally bring to certain fans .

I understand it taking time to get over for a supporter who has been home & away all season...........I would been suffering still too and I know what its like having invested that sort of time following the team and then having relegation at the end of it.

BUT, as I am a plastice these days, the pain has gone and I am looking forward to a new era, where we get back up and then spend a few more seasons in the EPL.......... 

[quote user="Marvin fairlady"]I am a real fan I go home and away to every game. I am hurting more than last week.

The whole campaign, the style of play, the division amongst the fans, the relegation, the binners taking the juice.

More than any other relegation we have had this hurts the most because it was avoidable and unnecessary.

Even standing at Charlton knowing we were in financial trouble and going down to the third tier didn''t hurt as much or maybe time is a healer and it did atthe time

Am I the only one?[/quote]

Did you cry for Sky?

Nobody enjoys getting relegated, but now a week has passed I am happy, maybe more so than if had stayed up.

The championship is a better league, its where real football is played and its a lot more rewarding and fun!!!

I can''t understand why anyone can be that disappointed really.

Relegation isn''t nice, but it was nailed on with the loss to WBA anyway and everything else was clutching at straws.

Plus the main reason I say I don''t know why people are that disappointed is look at the last three seasons, even under Lambert the PL wasn''t all that wonderful, there were probably as many if not a couple more enjoyable games in his one season than in Hughton''s two. But the reality is a vast majority of games for most of the bottom ten are going to be boring or frustrating or just embarrassing. It would not change even if we brought in the single best candidate for the job, because a manager can''t change the way the PL works.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I can''t understand why anyone can be that disappointed really.

Relegation isn''t nice, but it was nailed on with the loss to WBA anyway and everything else was clutching at straws.

Plus the main reason I say I don''t know why people are that disappointed is look at the last three seasons, even under Lambert the PL wasn''t all that wonderful, there were probably as many if not a couple more enjoyable games in his one season than in Hughton''s two. But the reality is a vast majority of games for most of the bottom ten are going to be boring or frustrating or just embarrassing. It would not change even if we brought in the single best candidate for the job, because a manager can''t change the way the PL works.[/quote]A new manager might not have changed the way the PL works but it would have changed the dour crap football served up by Hootun week week out.I do agree that we''re always likely to struggle because as much as some might not want to admit it but there is a hierarchy (because of the influx of money) in the Premier League but there are ways of struggling!

Must admit that this time around has weirdly not felt so bad, I think it would have hit harder if we''d have got relegated on the final day. And to be honest I started getting a little bored of the Prem, a season where we have a good chance of winning the league, or just promotion, gives something fresh and exciting to look forward to. When we didn''t get the Olsson ''penalty'' at Stamford Bridge, I found myself thinking back to the bloke from the Premier League who admitted it was in their favour to give the worldwide hugely supported teams the big decisions to keep the Premier League a big money maker, I knew then I''d had enough. Of course I want that buzz of going back to the ''promised land'' but I''m not sure I''m as fussed about it as I once was. Looking forward to the new season and the derbies, which I think we''ve all missed.

[quote user="Alex "]Must admit that this time around has weirdly not felt so bad, I think it would have hit harder if we''d have got relegated on the final day. And to be honest I started getting a little bored of the Prem, a season where we have a good chance of winning the league, or just promotion, gives something fresh and exciting to look forward to. When we didn''t get the Olsson ''penalty'' at Stamford Bridge, I found myself thinking back to the bloke from the Premier League who admitted it was in their favour to give the worldwide hugely supported teams the big decisions to keep the Premier League a big money maker, I knew then I''d had enough. Of course I want that buzz of going back to the ''promised land'' but I''m not sure I''m as fussed about it as I once was. Looking forward to the new season and the derbies, which I think we''ve all missed.[/quote]spot onas others above have also saidthis one hasn''t hurt as much as I thought or as the others did, and it seems a sentiment shared by most others I know - bit like having to put down a long ill family pet. I think it was dear old nutty nigel who said that it would be more fun getting into the PL than being thereI want that fun back, I want the feeling of excitement I got watching Loza have a go at Arsenal and I certainly won''t miss the hype of the PL.As to the paupers taking the pee, who really gives a stuff, The clubs are so far apart financially and structurally they are no longer rivals. We will receive a third more in parachute payments alone than their total income will be, never mind money from player sales.I suspect the difference between the youth/reserve teams and the Championship may not be so big as with the PL so there''s every chance we will see a number of those breaking into the team. And as another sage of this board Ricardo stated, relegation is part of what happens. We have been relegated before and we have also bounced backbefore. McNally told us that the club had budgeted us to be a yo yo club so lets enjoy it.Looking forward to the new season more than I was this time last season,Roll on August,

Yep, that''s a +1 back at you, City1st. I like what Eddie said about the real fun is in the promotion itself. I think until the day comes that we ever have a chance of winning the Premier League (and who knows who may bankroll NCFC in decades to come), a relegation battle with no derbies will never hold the same buzz for me as winning a title in a league where we can really go for it. Excited about August, and the World Cup year will dramatically shorten those long summers where you just can''t wait to get started. Lots to look forward to, and although it''s certainly no formality, we are in a better position in every way compared to our last relegation a few years back - I guess it''s this reason why I''ve not taken it so badly, knowing we can be genuine title contenders next season. Bring it on...

Think City 1st has nailed it. Was absolutely gutted after the West Brom game, when in all fairness we all knew we had had it. Frankly after Sunderland beat West Brom it was like a 10 ton weight being lifted. I have laughed off all of the binner nonsense, absolutley irrelevant . Enjoyed the EOS dinner, thought the board handled themselves well, as did the players.

We are never going to stay in the Prem for ever, and even though I still believe we SHOULD have made a change earlier , we still have a chance (if we make the right appointment (s) ) of having a decent season.

OTBC

I suppose I can elaborate on "man up"

Man up... Please?

Keep looking back and you''ll just end up sounding like a Leeds fan

Look forward, always.

[quote user="Alex "]Yep, that''s a +1 back at you, City1st. I like what Eddie said about the real fun is in the promotion itself. I think until the day comes that we ever have a chance of winning the Premier League (and who knows who may bankroll NCFC in decades to come), a relegation battle with no derbies will never hold the same buzz for me as winning a title in a league where we can really go for it. Excited about August, and the World Cup year will dramatically shorten those long summers where you just can''t wait to get started. Lots to look forward to, and although it''s certainly no formality, we are in a better position in every way compared to our last relegation a few years back - I guess it''s this reason why I''ve not taken it so badly, knowing we can be genuine title contenders next season. Bring it on...[/quote]cheersgood weather for having a pint outside the Square and Compass

ps whilst you are there have a look in room on the left of the ''bar'' - it is an exact replica of the binners trophy cabinet !