Sign in to follow this  
greenwichcanary

Charlie Wyett tweet

Interesting to norwich supporting sun journo charlie Wyett posting on twitter that Lennon to Norwich was unlikely to happen and that we should expect announcement next week.

Not sure if he''s got contacts from within the club, disappointing if what he''s saying is true in the sense that Lennon would have been a good statement of intent on our part whilst it''s disappointing not to see an appointment made by the end of the week as promised.

or maybe they are being rather didlgent and making sure they get it right

I see your point but if that''s the case why release a statement saying we are going to appoint manager within the week? Board now made to look weak in my opinion at a time when they need to regain fans trust after the way hughton situation was handled

[quote user="greenwichcanary"]I see your point but if that''s the case why release a statement saying we are going to appoint manager within the week? Board now made to look weak in my opinion at a time when they need to regain fans trust after the way hughton situation was handled[/quote]Its not been a week yet.

To say they were going to make an appointment within a week was not a wise move!

But now is not the time to beat them up over it. Now is the time for unity.

A week would be Sunday - I imagine a well-worded statement will be issued before then if there it''s nothing else to announce.

We all want it sorted, the board included, but I don''t really understand the seeming level of some people''s impatience. The board look no more more or less weak, it is just possibly taking a wee bit longer than hoped....it isn''t as if we are the only club around and/or that the world revolves around us, we may have to sometimes wait for other things to play out.

Wyett thinks we have not even made an offer to Lennon , i think we probably want to give it to Malky but have to wait untill he knows whether he is in the running for a top flight job .Lennons back to 4/11 now with Malky in to 13/8 , very hard to make out whos even in contention for the job .

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]A week would be Sunday - I imagine a well-worded statement will be issued before then if there it''s nothing else to announce.

We all want it sorted, the board included, but I don''t really understand the seeming level of some people''s impatience. The board look no more more or less weak, it is just possibly taking a wee bit longer than hoped....it isn''t as if we are the only club around and/or that the world revolves around us, we may have to sometimes wait for other things to play out.[/quote]spot onnothing much is happening elsewhere so why the panic ?

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Wyett thinks we have not even made an offer to Lennon , i think we probably want to give it to Malky but have to wait untill he knows whether he is in the running for a top flight job .Lennons back to 4/11 now with Malky in to 13/8 , very hard to make out whos even in contention for the job .[/quote]If I backed a horse at 4/11 I would expect it to be in contention at the very least, Dooh

[quote user="simmo_2"][quote user="CanaryOne"]Wyett thinks we have not even made an offer to Lennon , i think we probably want to give it to Malky but have to wait untill he knows whether he is in the running for a top flight job .Lennons back to 4/11 now with Malky in to 13/8 , very hard to make out whos even in contention for the job .[/quote]If I backed a horse at 4/11 I would expect it to be in contention at the very least, Dooh[/quote]That is so but when 2 journalists and one with very good connections at the club both say hes not in the frame it does rather make you wonder .

I think we should rush into an appointment just to appease the Pink Un faithful.

[quote user="Herman "]I think we should rush into an appointment just to appease the Pink Un faithful.[/quote]

No one can accuse the hapless fools into rushing into anything.

the club never said by the end of the week

they said they expect a new manager in a weeks time

this announcement was made on sunday last week

Just had a read of his feed, he goes on to say in some replies that they believe that Lennon wasn''t offered the job but an offer has been made to someone else, he then implies that they''ll spill the beans in the Sunday Sun so I''d perhaps expect an announcement today at some stage.

Agreed let''s rush the appointment so those who are impatient on here can really sink their teeth into why it was the wrong person, list all their supposed weaknesses then bang on about it for days........oh and then complain why they haven''t signed anyone after 1 day of n the job.

[quote user="hurricane"]Agreed let''s rush the appointment so those who are impatient on here can really sink their teeth into why it was the wrong person, list all their supposed weaknesses then bang on about it for days........oh and then complain why they haven''t signed anyone after 1 day of n the job.[/quote]

SPOT ON!

CW tends to be fairly accurate doesn''t he? Doesn''t say a lot about us but when he does it seems to have some insight.

I might be wrong but I just can''t see why Lennon would want to manage in the Chump? I would like to see him here but it just doesn''t make a lot of sense to a guy that can manage in the Champions League? Seems a heck of a drop .

He has tweeted to say job has been offered so I reckon it''s Zmackay but he is awaiting West Brom position before taking NCFC job

Unlike many on here im happy to admit my comments are just my opinion and not fact

It seems to me that mcnally was confidnt in naming the manager within a week which suggests negotiations had already started and they had an indication from the preferred choice that they wanted to be manager, but just needed to agree the contract.

This may still come to fruition and he is named by tomorrow, but i just wonder whether WBA sacking their manager has delayed the announcement as our preferred choice is now waiting to see if he can get that job (if so then im happy for them to go, we need a manager commited to managing us not just commited to managing in the prem with anyone)

Branston - "I don''t really understand the seeming level of some people''s impatience. The board look no more more or less weak, it is just possibly taking a wee bit longer than hoped"

I don''t think people are being impatient. Rather, people''s expectations have been raised. McNally was foolish to put a 1-week deadline on it.

The whole point is that the ''week'' is not yet up, though!

But in any case, what would you prefer: that we just go with ''someone'' because they can fit into a schedule, or the right person who might not?

You''re missing my point. I was responding to you and others suggesting that people are being impatient. I don''t agree.

I think people are expecting a new manager to be appointed ''by the end of the week'' because that''s what McNally said would happen. I don''t think that makes people impatient.

Like you, I think the process should take as long as necessary.

If a new manager isn''t appointed by the end of Sunday what are people going to do about it? Cancel their season tickets? Refuse to go to any games next year? Burn down Carrow Road in protest and anger?Ultimately the club will take as long as it sees fit to make the appointment, and if everyone has to wait a bit longer to find out who it is then, unless someone here can influence things at boardroom level at NCFC, nobody will have a choice but to wait as long as they want to keep supporting Norwich.In other words, don''t get so stressed and let the board make their decision when they make it because it''s unlikely that anybody on here can influence or change things otherwise.[:)]

[quote user="CiderkiddCanary"]If a new manager isn''t appointed by the end of Sunday what are people going to do about it? Cancel their season tickets? Refuse to go to any games next year? Burn down Carrow Road in protest and anger?Ultimately the club will take as long as it sees fit to make the appointment, and if everyone has to wait a bit longer to find out who it is then, unless someone here can influence things at boardroom level at NCFC, nobody will have a choice but to wait as long as they want to keep supporting Norwich.In other words, don''t get so stressed and let the board make their decision when they make it because it''s unlikely that anybody on here can influence or change things otherwise.[:)][/quote][Y]

Having made the statement last Monday it will be interesting to see what the spin is for not meeting their self imposed timetable.

If indeed there is any spin at all. So I am going for deafening silence until the new manager is announced.

As mentioned Charlie is usually a reliable source... hope he''s wrong...Also McNally was a tad optimistic if he thought he could get a manager in within a week - understandable that fans get a bit p-off with no news but ultimately there is no need to rush into this. Getting the right bloke in is more important.