Sign in to follow this  
Julian

It's Sherwood

Will be officially announced Monday 14.15. No word on Adams position. Would hope he is kept on in some capacity.

[quote user="The Hat"]Will be officially announced Monday 14.15. No word on Adams position. Would hope he is kept on in some capacity.[/quote]
Anyone know anything about this guy? Does he have any kind of record? (I mean the poster, not Sherwood!)

Hope you are wrong. Awful appointment if true. May as well go with our own inexperienced manager.

Currently odds on favourite for the Brighton job and joint favourite (strangely with Dave Jones) at 4/1 for the West Brom job. Way out at 16s for us.

I''ve got a tenner on Sherwood at 16/1 so I''m hoping your intel is good. The slight delay could have been him becoming available after the ''new manager within a week'' statement.

No it''s not, it''s Malky McKay. It wasn''t announced yesterday or today because of his BBC committments with FA cup final. 

I don''t know if will be announced tomorrow or Monday, but welcome back Malky!

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

No it''s not, it''s Malky McKay. It wasn''t announced yesterday or today because of his BBC committments with FA cup final. 

[/quote]

And he said he is keeping his options open, which means in my book as a last resort, Don''t want him anyway.

[quote user="splutcho"]Very, very unlikely and horrible news if true. Going with Adams would be preferable.[/quote]

No it really wouldn''t adams has been bloody awful

Would anyone have wanted Sherwood had he managed West Brom for half a season rather than Spurs. Seems to me some people are blinded by managing a ''big name club''. Will be very different managing us in the Championship than what he faced at Spurs. Inexperienced and I would take Malky and Lennon over him every time.

[quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]On ITV.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]On ITV.[/quote]Just heard him on BBC... 5Live.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Dr. Ink"]

[/quote]On ITV.[/quote]

BBC Radio 5 Live.

I''m not averse to Sherwood - he had a good career and has had plenty of time learning the trade at Spuds, didn''t do so badly when given the top job. He''d not be my first choice but don''t think he''d be a bad one - not that I believe the OP any more than any other rumour.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I''m not averse to Sherwood - he had a good career and has had plenty of time learning the trade at Spuds, didn''t do so badly when given the top job. He''d not be my first choice but don''t think he''d be a bad one - not that I believe the OP any more than any other rumour.[/quote]

You could easily replace Sherwood with Hughton in the above sentance.

I agree. Fergie spoke his mind. Wenger does. Whether do we have to have a nice guy. Sherwood is young and ambitious. Get him in.

Speaking of Hughton, I notice his name isn''t being linked to any of these vacant, or soon to be vacant posts. What does that tell us.

[quote user="JF"]Speaking of Hughton, I notice his name isn''t being linked to any of these vacant, or soon to be vacant posts. What does that tell us.[/quote]

It tells us that you are really not paying much attention.

[quote user="Making Plans"]If the OP knows it''s Sherwood then other people know and if other people know then he wouldn''t be 16-1.[/quote]We all have our fancies but the truth is that everyone is guessing and nobody is "In the know".Except Delia & Co.

That has the makings of a poem Rickyyyyyyyy

Will your reports be in verse next season?

As each Championship battle is fought;

It''s all on the Pink Un in Rickyyyyyyyy''s report.