Sign in to follow this  
No Mad

Huckerby on the right wing?

I thought he played very well - brilliantly at times, but often in places where he could not hurt Leeds. Given that Askton and Mackenzie were struggling, I wondered if putting Huckerby up front would have been a better option second half?

I guess it is not much different from using him on the left as usual - and that Marney was needed in central midfield (rather than having Brennan there and Marney on the right). Is Jarrett not fully fit, out of favour or being rested for Stoke? 

So, what about Marney as central midfielder? I am not sure. His delivery is excellent [I would vote for him to take all our corners] and IMO seems better from the right than from the centre. Perhaps he was just outshone by Safri who I thought was excellent - won so many balls and almost never gave it away, even under pressure.

Finally, what was the first substitution all about? It seemed to me that Doherty came on as a kind of roving right back/right side of central defensive three. I guess this was to allow Charlton and Colin to push up? For me, I thought he did OK - at least better than against Coventry when I thought he was truly awful. Shame that he seems to be public enemy number 1 with some people round me! He seemed to be able to pass the ball, gave us another kind of threat in the box and at least did not give away any freekicks around our box. Mind you, he seriously scares me as one of a central two!!

I would like to see someone who could put away direct freekicks, not since the time of Mulryne has any curled in a shot past the keeper from a free kick.