Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

olsson to west ham

Load of rubbish West spam get linked with just about every player you can  think off during the off season. And most of it made up by that plonker on talk sports who is a spam fan.

Personally I don''t think we should sell any of our best players unless they ask for transfer requests. He was brilliant this season and runner up for the POTS. Ruddy kept 13 clean sheets this season, 3rd POTS and is happy to stay with us, so in my opinion we mustn''t sell him

I think what McNally meant by "Sweetheart" clause was a relegation release clause, as I believe he also said something linked to players leaving the club with it

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.[/quote]You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?[/quote]We''ve got an option of a further year on Pilkington but I''d be surprised if we take it. Hoolahan will want to go and I''ve no problem with that personally.

The ''top'' players might say they''re not going anywhere, but if a premier league team comes in for any of them. I bet they''d all be off.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]City 1st, wasn''t McNally referring to release clauses when he said there were no "Sweetheart" clauses, or did I misinterpret that?[/quote]Thats how I read it.

[quote user="littleyellowbirdie"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.[/quote]You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?[/quote]We''ve got an option of a further year on Pilkington but I''d be surprised if we take it. Hoolahan will want to go and I''ve no problem with that personally.[/quote]Not sure, on Pilkington anyway, fit and motivated he is a great player.Yeah, Hoolahan can do one.

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]City 1st, wasn''t McNally referring to release clauses when he said there were no "Sweetheart" clauses, or did I misinterpret that?[/quote]That refers specifically to relegation, not if a bid of a certain type is made ie as with Earnshaw.With a few notable exceptions the club has not had to sell players but has been required to honour wage/transfer etc clauses. That''s how we were able to sign players over the past few seasons.I expect the club will want to move on those who may not be up for it. I''m sure the money got from the sale of Fer could bring in a couple of decent players that will be up for a chance to play in the PL. Likewise Tettey and Bassong.

If we''re serious about bouncing back sooner rather than later, then we need to keep hold of our quality players. Olsson is one of them.

But if it is out of our hands then there is not much we can do about itThe real question is who we bring in to replace those that leave.We have a good record of bouncing back at the first go and with the right manager every thing else is in place

Reaaaaaaaaally lame journalism.

It it Martin Olsson''s birthday today and he was once strongly linked with West Ham while still at Blackburn, coincidently, just before we signed him.

That is what they''re feeding off

digging....

[quote user="City1st"]But if it is out of our hands then there is not much we can do about itThe real question is who we bring in to replace those that leave.We have a good record of bouncing back at the first go and with the right manager every thing else is in place

[/quote]Course its in our hands, there under contract, so  there ours. End ofIf they dont want to play for us chuck them in the reserves and lets see how they do.

[quote user="bloodwagon"][quote user="City1st"]But if it is out of our hands then there is not much we can do about itThe real question is who we bring in to replace those that leave.We have a good record of bouncing back at the first go and with the right manager every thing else is in place

[/quote]Course its in our hands, there under contract, so  there ours. End ofIf they dont want to play for us chuck them in the reserves and lets see how they do.[/quote]so why did we not just chuck Earnshaw in the reserves ?

ps it''s they''re not there

[quote user="WesHoolahanDefendant"]Reaaaaaaaaally lame journalism.

It it Martin Olsson''s birthday today and he was once strongly linked with West Ham while still at Blackburn, coincidently, just before we signed him.

That is what they''re feeding off

digging....[/quote]

He has stated, this week, that he particularly enjoyed playing under allerdyce. Subliminal messaging?!

City1st, ultimately if we can get a proven, respected manager in and convince the players that they are onto a good thing by keeping hold of the key talent, then you would like to think we can keep most of the young talent together.

If we do have release clauses then it will be a struggle, but I would like to think that the board would try everything to keep hold of Olsson if a yo-yo club like West Ham (whose supporters boo their own manager/team when winning) come calling.

I guess a lot of it really depends on the money we have for salaries/bonuses, and the key appointment of the manager/DOF if we go down that route.

I think any such clause would only be for the ''big guns'' ... internationals, as they were joining a PL club and probably know that they can walk into another club. So on that basis I don''t think we will lose too many, and if their heart is not in it then better that they are elsewhere.I can''t see the two short term loanees staying, though I would not have a problem with Elmander staying as I think he would do well in the Championship, as should Becchio. Garrido has not figured and I''m sure would hope for a bigger pay cheque elsewhere. Would not miss either Tettey or Bassong either.If we keep the bulk of the remainder with the up and coming youngster we will have an extremely strong squad for the Championship, without any additional players coming in.

Agreed. Elmander is an ideal squad player at this level, but obviously the salary needs to be appropriate.

For me, if we can re-sign Turner, and keep hold of our core squad, with just a couple of decent additions for the number 10/9 roles I think we will have an exceptional squad at this level. Couple that with a manager who has done it before at this level (vital, for me) and you have to fancy us for top 6.

Easier said than done (I think Turner will be off to a bottom half Prem club) but it makes you realise just how excellent the last 3 years have been for the club when you look at the finances compared to our last relegation to, and promotion from, this division.

We might be relegated, but when you look at them down the road it makes you realise there are certainly a lot of positives in our current situation.

"We might be relegated, but when you look at them down the road it makes

you realise there are certainly a lot of positives in our current

situation."ExactlyI think the relegation this time seems one of ''how the hell did we cock that one up'' rather than ''what the hell are we going to do now ?''Financially we will be one off the strong clubs in the division and if as you say we keep the majority of our squad one of the strongest also. The youth set up is now producing results and it means we have leapt forward a year or so as far as they are concerned, because the step up to the Champs is not such a big step as that to the PL.However as you state the manager has to be the right one. A motivator, not an apologist.We will be one of the big guns in this division, at least for next season and we need to act accordingly. No more "ever so ''umble" bleating on about how good the opposition are. it has to be a season of smash and grab.Players who stick with us this season may well look elsewhere the season after if we are not back in the PL. Oone final and very importatnt part of the jigsaw will be Rddy. If he stays it will be a definite indication of where we are going in both on and off the pitch.

Our best players are not going to play for half wages in the Championship. That is why we need a strong, experienced manager to rebuild and reenergise our squad. Warnock fits that bill. So might Lennon. Both are preferable choices over Malky.

Well that''s given me a lift City 1st.

Your right.

The squad is certainly good enough, as long as the motivation and fight is there, they can''t turn up for away games in the same frame of mind as they have done for the last couple of years.

I suspect that much of that attitude was down to the clueless one''s tactics of over respect for the opposition."Don''t mark too tight, stay in your place when we have the ball and whatever you do don''t close down an opposition player when he has the ball a few yards outside of the box ... allow him at least three touches, he won''t do anything with it !"Contrast that with Holt in front of the Kop, knocking the ball in and 3 Liverpool players onto the floor, games like Southend at home when trailing Lambert chucked everyone forwarded and shout ''Chaaaarge !

feast your eyes on this and remember how our football used to be -great days

Fully agree with the Ruddy point. Big statement of intent if he stays. I''d also start Becchio, sign another striker and have Hooper/Loza as back up.

I think a back four of Martin, Bennett, Turner and Olsson would be superb in the Championship. Turner, for me, would be one of the most important ''signings'' of the Summer for me, and keeping hold of Olsson, as imperative.

I mean, Wes Morgan has just got promoted in the Leicester team, and I would rate both CBs I have mentioned as better players than him