Sign in to follow this  
hurricane

olsson to west ham

I was also interested in Cardiff''s new striker. He''s exactly the sort of player that served us so well in the Lambert era. Talent like that is rare and we need to be signing them up.

Hold your nerve. We are not in a position where we HAVE to sell players.

And I doubt we would do any business before the new manager comes in.

[quote user="hurricane"]Says the daily star.....pretty much a done deal then.......shame one of our better players.[/quote]Says the daily star..... [:|]pretty much a done deal then...... [:S]shame one of our better players. [Y]

Very good player and will be a shame. However when he signed a lot of Blackburn fans hadn''t thought he''d adapted very well to championship football as a fullback. Still would rather keep, there''s going to be a lot of rumours over the summer and might be even more if Lambert keeps his job and comes back for one or two.

He''s a great player but the Daily Star....

The front page today is probably "Heatwave to caused giant spider attacks from Poland" or something

[quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.

We are no longer in debt and so we have no need to sell players. Ollson is a first team regular here and I reckon he would be at West Ham, but as he''s a key player for us and runner-up POTS the board probably won''t let him go cheaply

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.[/quote]You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.[/quote]You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?[/quote]

Hoolahan was in Jan, I think someone will offer something for him even if it''s not much, maybe a Burnley. I see no reason someone wouldn''t take a gamble on a fit Pilkington. I guess it will then be up to the board and manager whether they think it''s good business and money might not be the only factor depending on the attitude of the player.

[quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

I agree, but it still wouldn''t surprise me if he came in for Pilkington, Howson, Hoolahan or even R.Bennett. He does have a tendency to do that and did while with us.[/quote]You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?[/quote]

Hoolahan was in Jan, I think someone will offer something for him even if it''s not much, maybe a Burnley. I see no reason someone wouldn''t take a gamble on a fit Pilkington. I guess it will then be up to the board and manager whether they think it''s good business and money might not be the only factor depending on the attitude of the player.[/quote]I doubt if Hoolahan actually was though, or if it was just Lambert playing games with us. Maybe Hoolahan playing games, trying to geta contract extension?

''A fit Pilkington'' ..............rarer than rocking horse sh1te but a wonderful sight ,none the less.

Also think Wes has had his day at the top level, cant see a bigger club than us wanting him as anything other than ''on a free''...''as cover''(possibly the old derisory 1/2 mill).

Back on thread , Olsson is exactly the kind of player we need to keep.

An old mate of mine lived by the expression '' i dont want to, and i dont have to, so , why should i?''.....this should be our policy on letting players leave.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellowbeagle"][quote user="im spartacus"]if lambert comes back for one or two then villa really are in trouble [/quote]

Hoolahan was in Jan, I think someone will offer something for him even if it''s not much, maybe a Burnley. I see no reason someone wouldn''t take a gamble on a fit Pilkington. I guess it will then be up to the board and manager whether they think it''s good business and money might not be the only factor depending on the attitude of the player.[/quote]I doubt if Hoolahan actually was though, or if it was just Lambert playing games with us. Maybe Hoolahan playing games, trying to geta contract extension?[/quote]

We rejected a bid for Hoolahan so presumably we could have accepted it. I agree though there probably was an element of trying to unstable us by Lambert rather than a real need for the player at Villa.

Yeah the star.

The paper that has a daily disaster like killer rats or spiders or rabid dogs and cats

Do yourself a favour save ya 15p don''t buy that guff

Load of horse shit, brace yourselves for an outbreak of lazy speculative joirnalism and spineless posters pooing themselves.

[quote user="morty"]Hold your nerve. We are not in a position where we HAVE to sell players.[/quote]

Exactly. Players are going to leave, but we''re in a position where we hold all the cards, players will only leave if the deal is too good to refuse.

Obviously I''d rather he stayed and I''d be sad to see him go, he was my POTS last season, but if we get a substantial offer then Garrido would be more than capable at Championship level. Wouldn''t be a disaster and would help us rebuild in other areas, but as Morty says we''re not going to do any business until the new manager is here.

morty wrote the following post at 17/05/2014 8:45 AM:

................... You honestly think Pilkington and Hoolahan will be in demand?

I hope so!

city will lose a good half dozen players at least, if anyone thinks the internationals will stay and play in the championship youre bonkersit doesnt matter if the club can afford to keep them, fer, olsson etc will be off at the first sniff of a top tier team

Olson to WHU is a load of rubbish. In a week where we''re busy with an important managerial appointment, I hardly think our CEO is in the middle of negotiations concerning the sale of a potentially key player.

That''s not to say he will or won''t be sold during the course of the sumer, but as things stand, there is no more to this story that West Ham have shown interest in Olson.

You all seem to be forgetting Martin Olsson needs shoulder surgery over the summer. Doubtful anyone will take him until he has proved his fitness following surgery.

Not to say he won''t go and West Ham normally pay over the odds for players. Also new Hammers manager might not consider MO.

Expect West Ham to be connected with our better players Snoddy, Ruddy and MO.

I thought West Ham were still to make a decision over Big Sam for next season so this rumour appears to be cart before the horse.

[quote user="pete"]You all seem to be forgetting Martin Olsson needs shoulder surgery over the summer. Doubtful anyone will take him until he has proved his fitness following surgery.

Not to say he won''t go and West Ham normally pay over the odds for players. Also new Hammers manager might not consider MO.

Expect West Ham to be connected with our better players Snoddy, Ruddy and MO.[/quote]

I think he has already had the surgery, earlier this week, and don''t doubt he wants to stay a prem player, most will want retain status and salary next season irrespective of any public pronouncements

And a left back is not a player to keep build a team around at any cost.

It''s going to be a long fraut rumour filled summer. Keep calm and roll on august

[quote user="morty"]Hold your nerve. We are not in a position where we HAVE to sell players.

And I doubt we would do any business before the new manager comes in.[/quote]

Neither are we in a position where we can say that no player has a release clauseIn that light I expect a fair few to go, such is footballHow many did we take from championship clubs, it''s going to happen