Sign in to follow this  
Paul

It was going to be Sherwood

Don''t shoot the messenger. I am umpiring a cricket game in Southend today and was chatting to one of the players who I friends with Mark Robson.

So I asked him of he knew who the manager was going to be and he said it was nailed on Sherwood. It was a done deal until West Brom came sniffing around him so it''s on hold at moment.

Believe me or not just passing on what I heard and no reason to lie

Sherwood was too vocal and independent for Daniel Levy''s liking at Tottenham. Do you seriously think our Chief Executive would appoint someone vocal and independent as manager? Or as Director of Football?

Hope West Brom get this tied up Asap. I dont want him anywhere near us.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]Sherwood was too vocal and independent for Daniel Levy''s liking at Tottenham. Do you seriously think our Chief Executive would appoint someone vocal and independent as manager? Or as Director of Football?[/quote]

What like Lambert you mean?

Trust someone associated with such a boring sport as cricket to know the worlds most boring man, Tim Sherwood

[quote user="JF"]Hope West Brom get this tied up Asap. I dont want him anywhere near us.[/quote]

[Y]

I''m with you and FCC.

''What, like Lambert, you mean?"

My point exactly, Yellowbeagle. Our CEO may have picked Lambert, who was strong minded and independent, but then fell out with him. Grant Holt was strong minded and independent. Judging by his subsequent interview, our CEO fell out with him. Hughton was a frightfully nice man. Our CEO picked him, and stuck by him, well past his sell by date. I shall judge the next appointments by whether our CEO has permitted the recruitment of a manager and Director of Football who are strong minded and independent (Lennon? Malky?) or whether we have a less "robust" choice.

[quote user="Empty Mirror"]''What, like Lambert, you mean?"

My point exactly, Yellowbeagle. Our CEO may have picked Lambert, who was strong minded and independent, but then fell out with him. Grant Holt was strong minded and independent. Judging by his subsequent interview, our CEO fell out with him. Hughton was a frightfully nice man. Our CEO picked him, and stuck by him, well past his sell by date. I shall judge the next appointments by whether our CEO has permitted the recruitment of a manager and Director of Football who are strong minded and independent (Lennon? Malky?) or whether we have a less "robust" choice.[/quote]It isn''t as simple as that. I would be happy with a manager who is independent-minded, but the main criterion has to be their managerial/tactical ability to get the best out of  the squad at their disposal. Hughton didn''t do that, but not because he was too nice. He failed because he lacked tactical nous.If the next manager can get the squad performing at 100 per cent by being nice I don''t see a problem. If just plain stroppy was the main criterion then we should be after Billy Davies or some such. Someone who seems to fall out with pretty much every board of directors sooner or later.

This is obviously the reason for the delay. If they had offered Sherwood the job and he is now stalling they have to go to plan b

[quote user="Champions"]Trust someone associated with such a boring sport as cricket to know the worlds most boring man, Tim Sherwood[/quote]
I agree with both cricket, and Sherwood being incredibly dull, but nobody said anyone knew Sherwood, the "player" "knows" Mark Robson who is manager of our youth setup.