Sign in to follow this  
Holtsbigtoe

Its Malky as Manager and Ricky Martin DOF

Source extremely close to club, cannot say name obv! Shoot me down if u so wish, genuine post. But feel free to refer back when its announced :)

Martin has been connected to DOF position for a while now and the possibility has been mentioned elsewhere.

Logic being that the club want a "Norwich way" culture -whatever they define that to be- running through the club from schoolboy to first team level and that you can hardly employ someone in that position who has just walked through the doors for the first time.

Hence Martin being talked up for the promotion to that new post.

To get the "Norwich Way" idea up and running,  no better than appointing dof from within the club and appointing a manager who knows the club well.  Good luck to them both, if this is true.   If after Malky we want to keep that continuity going we have Adams, who at a later stage  could be the man to take it on.  

I bet the players are looking forward to the first training session where Ricky Martin makes them take their clothes off and go dancing in the rain...

Apologies for any ignorance, but what possible credentials has RM got for being a Director of Football?Wasn''t he just a youth coach for a while?

I think RM is the Academy Director, so oversees the whole thing - probably not that far off a DoF if you let the first team manager manage the first team.

He has been academy director for a while now and believe me the task of finding youth players is ten times harder than full pros

He''ll be fine and deserves it, Adams will prob do his current role

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"]Apologies for any ignorance, but what possible credentials has RM got for being a Director of Football?Wasn''t he just a youth coach for a while? [/quote]

He oversaw the whole of the youth set up, I guess now he''d be promoted to over seeing all of teh first team set up so it makes sense.

Considering the location of the club and that we''ve only very recently got a category 1 academy I''d say he''s done an outstanding job in his time in charge of the youth set up. They''ve produced a lot of top Championship level players

I thought of the DoF that we were thinking of as being more of an ''Administrator'' role, ensuring everything behind the scenes runs smoothly across the board (the club mentioned taking medical etc stuff away from the manager), enabling the manager to focus on football/the first team - I wouldn''t think the role stretches to transfers.

So is RM currently Adams'' boss, in his capacity as Youth Team Manager?

Just trying to work out where RM sits in the current structure to try and get my head round his credentials.

In some ways, it makes sense to promote from within. On the flip side, the existing talent pool has been completely ineffective this season so hope we''re not just appointing a ''yes man'' to help McNally get his own way in the board room.

Mustard - how can you call Malky a ''yes man?'' He clearly went into bat for his players against Tan last season during the dispute over player bonuses. That was one of the main reasons his relationship with Tan deteriorated. Hardly the actions of a yes man.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]So is RM currently Adams'' boss, in his capacity as Youth Team Manager?

Just trying to work out where RM sits in the current structure to try and get my head round his credentials.

In some ways, it makes sense to promote from within. On the flip side, the existing talent pool has been completely ineffective this season so hope we''re not just appointing a ''yes man'' to help McNally get his own way in the board room.[/quote]I can''t say I know much about Ricky Martin, but I think it''s considered that managing academy''s is fundamentally a similar, but lesser role to a Directer of Football/Technical Director. The rationale being that he will be in charge of trying to install a certain footballing philosophy throughout the managing and coaching structure that will continue throughout changes of manager, etc.For a similar career progression, google Dan Ashworth

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I thought of the DoF that we were thinking of as being more of an ''Administrator'' role, ensuring everything behind the scenes runs smoothly across the board (the club mentioned taking medical etc stuff away from the manager), enabling the manager to focus on football/the first team - I wouldn''t think the role stretches to transfers.[/quote]McNally said it did:He said the first team manager needs to concentrate on first team

players and coaching them, and not have other responsibilities like

medicine and recruitment, which should be managed elsewhere. He said he does not want one person responsible for all key footballing decisions.On that basis I assumed we were looking at a much more senior figure than someone who has been only a youth coach. And particularly someone experienced in the transfer market. Possibly an ex-manager who doesn''t want the day to day hassle any more. It doesn''t sound like Martin at all, who in all respects is junior to Mackay or any of the other candidates.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Mustard - how can you call Malky a ''yes man?'' He clearly went into bat for his players against Tan last season during the dispute over player bonuses. That was one of the main reasons his relationship with Tan deteriorated. Hardly the actions of a yes man.[/quote]

I sense MM behaves rather differently around CR and with Delia in particular. He pushed the boat out at Cardiff, got wrong with Vincent Tan and has undoubtedly learned from his experience. MM comes across as not wholly comfortable in his own skin; bit like he''s roleplaying as opposed to doing it for real.

That''s why I think he''d be over-agreeable with DM to secure the job but he''s unlikely to cause rapid success at NCFC...

ricky martin has never played professional football he couldn''t even get in the wroxham side I have knon him for about 20 yrs on the non league circuit was at Norwich as a youth player , what I have heard he is good at his job he is in now , like many people have said to me that you don''t have to be a good professional player to be a good coach like wenger mourinho have proved but if we appoint RM as DOF my god we could do better than that hardly got contacts that some like a hoddle has !

I think hoddle would be perfect but someone with no knowledge of playing at the highest or even league level running the show is taking the mickey to say the least !

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]Mustard - how can you call Malky a ''yes man?'' He clearly went into bat for his players against Tan last season during the dispute over player bonuses. That was one of the main reasons his relationship with Tan deteriorated. Hardly the actions of a yes man.[/quote]

I sense MM behaves rather differently around CR and with Delia in particular. He pushed the boat out at Cardiff, got wrong with Vincent Tan and has undoubtedly learned from his experience. MM comes across as not wholly comfortable in his own skin; bit like he''s roleplaying as opposed to doing it for real.

That''s why I think he''d be over-agreeable with DM to secure the job but he''s unlikely to cause rapid success at NCFC...

[/quote]

What are you basing any of this on? That you have a sense? Do you know Malky Mackay? Have you ever met the man?

Appointing Malky Mackay is the biggest no brainer in the history of us appointing managers, if the board appoint anybody else they should be shot!!!

I personally didn''t like the way malky played the victim I don''t kno all the facts but malky held on playing the all tan I haven''t don''t anything wrong ! he knew what was going to happen I think he should have just said I am not putting up with this and walked he ended up with nothing anyway ( hindsight wonderful I know ! ) but in my eyes he didn''t really do anything for himself but clinging on at Cardiff

would have shown tan in a worse light imho if its true what Cardiff fans have pointed out on this board malky was not whiter than white and sounds abit like the victim card Hughton used to play , maybe I am wrong and he has learnt by his mistakes at Cardiff but to me he seems the type to think he has done nothing wrong and he is a great manger I will hold judgement on that for a few months !

Malky was getting completely screwed-over by a complete megalomaniac, despite doing a great job. Why on earth should he have quit and walk away? He''s got a family to feed just like the rest of us.

I presume he was waiting to be sacked and, not unreasonably, expected to leave with some form of severance pay.

I understand that but if he was whiter than white why didn''t the LMA step in a back him to hilt instead of him dropping his claim I sound like its malky bashing which I don''t intend but a lot of Norwich fans were not impressed the way he handled it

like I said I don''t know all the facts just what I have read and seen on interviews etc so maybe wrong !

[quote user="norfolkngood"]

I understand that but if he was whiter than white why didn''t the LMA step in a back him to hilt instead of him dropping his claim I sound like its malky bashing which I don''t intend but a lot of Norwich fans were not impressed the way he handled it

like I said I don''t know all the facts just what I have read and seen on interviews etc so maybe wrong !

[/quote]

I''d say dropping his claim was more to do with getting back into management!