Sign in to follow this  
Wizard of Waveney

So it is Malky

Erm no!!! Norwich hoping to appoint Malky.

Better add "according to the sun newspaper".

Malky is probably the best of a bad bunch(those are my thoughts).

Makes good sense to me, was always my first choice (though tbh there werent that many realistic options) - can also hit the ground running having been off the last few months.

We can worry about what might/might not happen back in the PL if/when we get there.

No two very similar managers who both bore the arse off you with their football , Malky no better or no worse than Hughton but its about as uninspiring an appointment as we could have made .

He wasnt negative with Cardiff in the champ tho, people judging him on the prem game at carrow road. you cant blame someone for being a bit negative away from home in there first season in the prem with arguably the weakest squad in the prem.

I don''t particularly consider a cup final + play-offs one season (pretty much on a shoestring) followed by title winners the next as being boring. Christ knows what more you want.

Not many people want him , he was low in the pink un poll and theres more people reacting negatively to this appointment than in favour on twitter . Its the little ol Norwich appointment why oh why do we have an owner that does it every bl00dy time .

Mackay has employed a variety of formations throughout his time in management. At Watford he played either a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1. His first season at Cardiff saw either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-1-2-1-2 (daimond) By the 2nd season, he seems to have converted to a 4-2-3-1 as his primary formation, although he occasionally played with 2 strikers. This season, he played a 4-2-3-1 the majority of the time (9 occasions), a 4-1-4-1 occasionally as well as one attempt at a traditional 4-4-2 and one attempt at a diamond midfield. 
One thing I will note is that his 4-2-3-1 seems very balanced. He seemed to favour a pure defensive midfielder, a ball-playing midfielder and an athletic attacking midfielder playing behind the striker. Seems alot more balanced that Hughton''s 4-2-3-1.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Not many people want him , he was low in the pink un poll and theres more people reacting negatively to this appointment than in favour on twitter . Its the little ol Norwich appointment why oh why do we have an owner that does it every bl00dy time .[/quote]

Complete lie. There are lots that would be happy with Mackay at the helm. It''s not a ''little old Norwich'' appointment as Mackays record speaks for itself. Plus he hasn''t even been appointed yet!

Lambert and Hughton were not ''little old Norwich'' appointments so your comment of the board does it every time is just ridiculous!

All the negatives will have been in part learning experiences for him and hopefully make him better for it......not sure who these inspirational managers are that everyone is taloking about that we should be in for? Should it be malky then I would think the majority of fans will be happy with that......interesting that when Steve Bruce was mentioned for the job a few seasons ago many on here didn''t want him.....that turned out well.

Appointing Mackay makes more sense where Norwich are right now, than most other candidates.

He has a lot of experience fighting at the top end of the Championship, and will have reasonable knowledge as to how the other teams set up and their playing styles.

Had Norwich survived, then Mackay may not have been the way to go.

[quote user="CanaryOne"]Not many people want him , he was low in the pink un poll and theres more people reacting negatively to this appointment than in favour on twitter . Its the little ol Norwich appointment why oh why do we have an owner that does it every bl00dy time .[/quote]How is it ''little ol Norwich". Malky is seen as one of the brightest young managers around. According to reports he is Southamptons number one target should Pochettino leave. We should snap him up quickly.

[quote user="Blainsey"]The pragmatist in me says Malky.....the adventurer in me is screaming out for Zola![/quote]

Similar feelings, except swap Rosler for Zola.

My hope is that the delay is because they were waiting for the play-off results and the board are now having an almighty fight with Whelan. Probably, well highly likely,dreaming but there''s no harm in that.

I dont want him,he said he was not interested when we appointed Hughton and that he wanted to finish what he started at Cardiff. Then while we have been trying to appoint a manager within a week. He has clearly been waiting to see if West Brom came calling.Then again given our boards incompetence and persistent going back to the "old boys network" what else did we expect. I hope he gets offered West Brom and makes the board look stupid which they are. I believe Lennon is interested and therefore was a far better choice. I see the bookmakers make us favs to go up next season. I wont be parting with any hard earned on that. I feel sorry for the season ticket holders, who having been forced to pay Prem prices for the championship but been promised sexy football. Have been delivered a manager that will play no different to Hughton. Pathetic!

That''s the spirit.[Y]Get the hump about something that hasn''t even happened yet. Next season''s going to be fun on here.

Was really sold on the Hoddle as DOF with Zola as manager idea on another thread. Anything else now will seem a little dull! But expected it to be Malky all along and he is proven at this level.

At what stage in the seaon do we start making the list of scapegoats, that''s always a real treat on this board.

Perhaps we could start doing it now so that the really miserable posters have something to get their teeth stuck into.

[quote user="Herman "]My hope is that the delay is because they were waiting for the play-off results and the board are now having an almighty fight with Whelan. Probably, well highly likely,dreaming but there''s no harm in that.[/quote]For what its worth Herman, Rosler would have been my choice, hence i started a thread on this months ago. Our board would not have the "balls" to even try for Rosler, he is at that massive club wigan and we are "little norwich". It has been the obvious Dull appointment all along. We should have known. The sad thing is despite him having connections to the club he is still waiting to see if West Brom come calling. They cant even get him to sign as per their ridiculous statement "within a week"I would rather have had Adams, at least he bleeds norwich!

[quote user="hurricane"]All the negatives will have been in part learning experiences for him and hopefully make him better for it......not sure who these inspirational managers are that everyone is taloking about that we should be in for? Should it be malky then I would think the majority of fans will be happy with that......interesting that when Steve Bruce was mentioned for the job a few seasons ago many on here didn''t want him.....that turned out well.[/quote]

Yet again the club goes for the cheap option and tells the fans what they think of us, THE WAGE PAYER mean nothing to the club, they spout on how we are the best fans in the world and then take no notice of what we really want, and that is a fair chance of being an established premier league side, all they do is employ a defensive minded manager with the option of Gungho, IMO we should have stuck with Hughton same tactics boring boring my season ticket is still in the envelope addressed to McNally when its announced officially.

I feel sorry for the season ticket holders, who having been forced to pay Prem prices for the championship

Erm 4 extra games to watch Einstein.

Or you could back him and see how he goes?