Sign in to follow this  
Chesney Hawkes

Why Mackay is the right choice

He has proven experience of managing teams in the Championship and of getting teams out of the Championship

He has proven to have a generally good record in the transfer market - yes, Cornelius is the obvious "yeah but" but not every transaction can be guaranteed - Ferguson bought Veron, Chelsea signed Mutu and Shevchenko, Wenger has signed his share of duffers, Spurs spent upwards of £25m on Soldado who barely scored from open play, Hughton bought RvW... so yes a bad signing but one bad signing doesn''t make a manager a mug in the transfer market. He knows how to reshape a squad.

He has proven he can organise and motivate a team, even in the face of off-field shenanigans the likes of which he is unlikely to face at Carrow Road.

He has managed two clubs in the Championship and achieved with both. None of the other candidates can demonstrate this.

He has proven he will dig in and fight his corner and is no "yes" man.

There are no doubt some here who fear "negative" football but in the Championship Mackay created a strong attack as well as a very strong defence - and that was with Helguson leading the line after significant injury problems with his squad.

Simply, he is the only logical candidate from those available and a good choice in his own right.

I am fully behind this appointment and urge Norwich City fans to get behind the man as he rebuilds the squad for what will hopefully be a short spell in the Championship.

Sincerely,

Tao of Chase

To be fair, our expectations of Malky will be nowhere near as they were for Hughton.   He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.  Hughton was under a lot of pressure to take things on and develop them - and he wasn''t able to.    Malky - if it is him - will need to steafy the ship, get us scoring and see where it takes us.  Promotion would obviously be the aim, but a good season would help after the last two, where expectations were not met, either in terms of goals or style.   He simply has to get us playing well.

Exactly how I see it too Chase. He''s the outstanding candidate all things considered, as he was when Lambert left.

Am excited for the first time in a long time.

What are you on about Lakey? Hughton''s gone. Why bring him up yet again? He failed, got us relegated and got fired. Get over it.

Can we please just get on with enjoying the lift that appointing a young, ambitious manager will create without you harping on about Hughton?

In a nutshell, the expectations of Malky are significant. He needs to create a winning team, something Hughton failed to do, and he needs to unpick the mess that Hughton left behind.

Kingston, I did not read Lakey''s post that way. It is about Malky.

I believe he is saying that Hughton suffered for who he wasn''t (Lambert), but that Malky will not have that baggage and will start with a clean slate.

Lets hope we actually get Malky, despite all these posts, threads, tweets I see nothing that says its a done deal yet. I would be happy with him, largely as a result of the case you put forward a couple of weeks back.

OTBC

I''m of the impression that Lennon is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve - he is a winner - much the same attitude that Lambert exhibited when he arrived. That is why Lennon is the standout candidate.

[quote user="Highland Canary"]I''m of the impression that Lennon is a man who wears his heart on his sleeve - he is a winner - much the same attitude that Lambert exhibited when he arrived. That is why Lennon is the standout candidate.[/quote]
Of course he''s a winner, he manages Celtic FFS!

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Kingston, I did not read Lakey''s post that way. It is about Malky.

I believe he is saying that Hughton suffered for who he wasn''t (Lambert), but that Malky will not have that baggage and will start with a clean slate.

Lets hope we actually get Malky, despite all these posts, threads, tweets I see nothing that says its a done deal yet. I would be happy with him, largely as a result of the case you put forward a couple of weeks back.

OTBC[/quote]

[Y]  Hughton had a hard act to follow, with all the pressure of trying to develop us beyond being a bottom half premiership club - effectively he had to do better than Lambert to achieve anything at all.  He left us in a worse state.  Malky will have an easier job from that point of view - although the pressure to succeed will still be there of course. 

[quote user="lake district canary"]Hughton had a hard act to follow.........He left us in a worse state.[/quote]Hapless even. [;)]