Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

leroy fer

I''ve been a fan of his even before he came to norwich, but I think he lacks passion, I don''t fault his quality, just when we needed that extra he hasn''t delivered

Like so many other players in our squad the creativity and passion was taken out of his game by a restrictive system of play.

He is a very good player, hence the reason his inclusion i the Netherlands World Cup squad.

Hopefully a new manager will re-ignite the fuse.

I have doubts that we''ll see him stopping with us, has ambitions to be a Dutch international and you''d think he''d want to be in a top flight for that.

A quality player when he wants to be. It''s just whether he''s worth throwing in the team every week in the hope he turns it on, and even when he has an off game he''s still better than most championship midfielders.

But odds are he''ll be off to a mid-table perm club after the world cup

[quote user="AidanC"]I''ve been a fan of his even before he came to norwich, but I think he lacks passion, I don''t fault his quality, just when we needed that extra he hasn''t delivered[/quote]

This!

and we''d have more chance of getting Lambert back than persuading Fer to stay in this league with us. He''d do well at an Everton or Newcastle where they can afford a few apathetic players but we need strong characters as much as anything else next year, he just wouldn''t be suited to the slog of a full Championship season

If his aim is to establish himself in the dutch first time squad then it shouldn''t matter what league we''re in because he''s already in the world cup!

If he has a good world cup, he''l establish himself anyway, allowing him to spend a season with us trying to get back up! If it fails then obviously he would probably have to walk.

Undoubtedly a quality player but he won''t be here next season and I''m not sure that''s such a bad thing.

We need players that are absolutely committed so unless Malky can come in and get him quickly on board (which will be difficult given the World Cup), then we should cash in and invest the cash in players who know the Championship.

Smashin passion. Pah, Andy Hughess, Lee croft etc etc etc had passion yet only secured relegation. And what you want to see as "passion" is usually nothing more than plenty of running around aimlessly.

Passion without quality is worse than quality. Removing the quality from our squad got us relegated and will also stop us getting promoted