Sign in to follow this  
Katie Borkins

Hoddle as Director of Football

Just heard from an old mate doing some scaffolding at the River End that Hoddle was being shown round the ground today by McNally and Stephen Fry.

Doubt he is manager but reckon he will be the Director of Football. Well chuffed with that, he knows the game and the way it should be played.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Just heard from an old mate doing some scaffolding at the River End that Hoddle was being shown round the ground today by McNally and Stephen Fry.

Doubt he is manager but reckon he will be the Director of Football. Well chuffed with that, he knows the game and the way it should be played.[/quote]

Waahay!  I knew we could agree on something..........

Can''t see it but would be very happy with that. Only question is which manager would be prepaired to work with a director of football.

Zola and Hoddle certainly wouldn''t be boring! Bring it on.

I''d love this to be true, hope you aren''t messing with us Bor, or your mate messing with you.

Would be a huge coup.

Why assume Hoddle is heing shown around as the future Director of Football? Could he be lined up as the manager?

[quote user="djc"]Why assume Hoddle is heing shown around as the future Director of Football? Could he be lined up as the manager?[/quote]Sweet Jesus, no.[:(]

I suppose because Bowkett said they wanted the new manager to work within a framework containing a DOF and it seems unlikely someone like Hoddle would agree to that as manager, whereas he seems perfect for the DOF role. Just theorising.

(If true)...

Yay! A man who was way ahead of his time with the importance of psychology and mindset in football. Brilliant player and all-round good egg.

None of the bookies favourites have captured my imagination so far, however (if true) I''m glowing at the thought of Hoddle as Technical Director.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Just heard from an old mate doing some scaffolding at the River End that Hoddle was being shown round the ground today by McNally and Stephen Fry.

Doubt he is manager but reckon he will be the Director of Football. Well chuffed with that, he knows the game and the way it should be played.[/quote]I smell a few rats with this Bor[;)]

Doubt he is manager but reckon he will be the Director of Football. Well chuffed with that, he knows the game and the way it should be played.[/quote]So Hoddle is being punished for sins in his last life by being reincarnated as a director of football...

An interesting subplot perhaps:

Late 80''s there was a kids team in Norfolk who tried to register their team name as "Glenn Hoddle". They were told that they couldn''t use a person''s complete name, so the team name was changed to "GlennAnnZoe" after Hoddle, his wife and daughter. The manager of the team, and also a friend of Hoddle himself?

Ian Culverhouse.

I would be delighted with Hoddle as either manager of DOF.Being a Norwich supporter though I have to assume such good news to be a wind up.

Good sense of smell, Morty!

But just in case - as scaffolding tends not to be transient any chance of someone checking out the River End.

No chance of Hoddle being involved. I mainly say that out of hope as I can''t stand the bloke. I fail to see why people keep touting him for jobs. Don''t rate him. Annoying voice, annoying hair.

Doubt he is manager but reckon he will be the Director of Football. Well chuffed with that, he knows the game and the way it should be played.[/quote]

id rather cut my cock off at a family barbecue than have him at our club.

I advise any skippdogg invitees to one of his BBQ''s to avoid sausages when Hoddle is appointed. Especially those served with tomato sauce

im gonna keep it and throw it at neil adams after we lose the first game of the season 7-1

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I advise any skippdogg invitees to one of his BBQ''s to avoid sausages when Hoddle is appointed. Especially those served with tomato sauce[/quote]I''d advise anyone who knows Skippdogg to give him a slap to see if it get''s rid of his illogical views.

Probably nothing to this, but there is scaffolding in the corner between the old River End and the City Stand.

Doesn''t mean Hoddle will be joining though.

`You and I have been given two hands and two legs and half-decent brains,'''' the Times quoted him as saying. ``Some people have not been born like that for a reason. The karma is working from another time. I have nothing to hide about that. It is not only people with disabilities. What you sow, you have to reap.''

Not sure that is somebody I want associated with our club, thank you very much.

So Bor drove past the ground saw the scaffolding and thought now there''s a way I can give a wind up thread some credibility!