Sign in to follow this  
NCFC for life 1993-

Tim sherwood my choice

Just watched tim sherwood on goals on Sunday with les Ferdinand. I think he would be a breath of fresh air. He said himself he is his own man, wouldn''t take any nonsense from the players, he would get them playing with passion and desire.

I don''t see why people are so against him for the managers job. He could do a Sean Dyche in my opinion.

"I think he would be a breath of fresh air. He said himself he is his own man, wouldn''t take any nonsense from the players, he would get them playing with passion and desire. "

Kevin Keegan anyone?

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]"I think he would be a breath of fresh air. He said himself he is his own man, wouldn''t take any nonsense from the players, he would get them playing with passion and desire. "

Kevin Keegan anyone?[/quote]the in his managerial prime  kevin keegan that had promotions with newcastle, man city and fulham and took newcastle to runners up and lit up the premier league ? erm yes please [:D]

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Just watched tim sherwood on goals on Sunday with les Ferdinand. I think he would be a breath of fresh air. He said himself he is his own man, wouldn''t take any nonsense from the players, he would get them playing with passion and desire. I don''t see why people are so against him for the managers job. He could do a Sean Dyche in my opinion.[/quote]

Sherwood has his good points and is likely to make a success of management at some time in the future. He did well at Spurs in the brief spell he had there.

He sure managed to ruffle a few feathers and it seems that this approach was needed there.

He seems to be a combatative type of person whereas NCFC is somewhat of a delicate being at this moment in time. A rare item that needs careful handling. and our Delia is such a sensitive being at times.

The last thing our Club needs right now is a reign of controversy. I am not suggesting we need a yes man, but it would seem to me that Malky''s CV has more relevance to the situation that NCFC finds it''s self in at the moment. MM knows his own mind, but will likely avoid trouble for troubles sake. I fear TS would not manage to be as diplomatic. In management terms he is a young buck with his horns sharpened ready for the fight. 

I would also respectively suggest to TS that if you want to behave somewhat mini-Clough-like you need some of the great man''s success first.

He won''t take no shit from players? He can''t even look at a pre/post match interviewer in the eyes, he always looking away to avoid eye contact.

Plus he has no tactical nous whatsoever. I have visions of him giving a school football team talk "Right, lads, we''re playing a 4-4-2 today. I want lots of hard work in the midfield and some good balls through to the strikers. Good luck."

[quote user="Champions"]He won''t take no shit from players? He can''t even look at a pre/post match interviewer in the eyes, he always looking away to avoid eye contact.

Plus he has no tactical nous whatsoever. I have visions of him giving a school football team talk "Right, lads, we''re playing a 4-4-2 today. I want lots of hard work in the midfield and some good balls through to the strikers. Good luck."[/quote]

What a load of guff. I can appreciate you don''t like the guy but he got some good results while at Spurs under difficult circumstances.

[quote user="Champions"]He won''t take no shit from players? He can''t even look at a pre/post match interviewer in the eyes, he always looking away to avoid eye contact.

Plus he has no tactical nous whatsoever. I have visions of him giving a school football team talk "Right, lads, we''re playing a 4-4-2 today. I want lots of hard work in the midfield and some good balls through to the strikers. Good luck."[/quote]

I think you are getting confused with your manager !

2-0 down in a Europa league game ,, changed the tactics ..and guess what ...YES! Spurs won !

That was the most obvious example ,, I think too many people on here just dismiss a prospective manager , for no better reason than it is not their personal choice ... you are all babies !!

[quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Champions"]He won''t take no shit from players? He can''t even look at a pre/post match interviewer in the eyes, he always looking away to avoid eye contact.

2-0 down in a Europa league game ,, changed the tactics ..and guess what ...YES! Spurs won !

That was the most obvious example ,, I think too many people on here just dismiss a prospective manager , for no better reason than it is not their personal choice ... you are all babies !![/quote]They drew 2-2.Never let the facts etc.

Champions wrote:

"I think too many people on here just dismiss a prospective manager , for no better reason than it is not their personal choice ... you are all babies !!"

Why do you find it necessary to insult those not in agreement with you? It does nothing to enhance your point of view.

I dismiss Sherwood because I believe him to be too controversial a character and not the right fit for NCFC at this moment in time.

The ending of his spell at Carrow Road as a player, whilst hardly endearing the man to those with  longish memories, also goes to support my opinion about the man, as stated in my second paragraph.

My choice is MM, but even if he were not to be on the radar I would wholly wish the Board to steer clear of Tim Sherwood at all costs.

I''m totally surprised he was even considered in the first place, if indeed he was.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Champions wrote:

"I think too many people on here just dismiss a prospective manager , for no better reason than it is not their personal choice ... you are all babies !!"

Why do you find it necessary to insult those not in agreement with you? It does nothing to enhance your point of view.

I dismiss Sherwood because I believe him to be too controversial a character and not the right fit for NCFC at this moment in time.

The ending of his spell at Carrow Road as a player, whilst hardly endearing the man to those with  longish memories, also goes to support my opinion about the man, as stated in my second paragraph.

My choice is MM, but even if he were not to be on the radar I would wholly wish the Board to steer clear of Tim Sherwood at all costs.

I''m totally surprised he was even considered in the first place, if indeed he was.

[/quote]

I suppose you can''t really troll on football matters being a Norwich fan. Makes sense that you have to troll by making up fake quotes said by other users.

[quote user="NCFC for life 1993-"]Just watched tim sherwood on goals on Sunday with les Ferdinand. I think he would be a breath of fresh air. He said himself he is his own man, wouldn''t take any nonsense from the players, he would get them playing with passion and desire. [/quote]

I also watched it on Sky this morning and a couple of days ago I would not have wanted him to be considered but I now hold my hands up and say maybe I got it wrong. Both he and Ferdinand spoke well and were frank about the situation at Spurs. Sherwood is definitely a man who does not suffer fools gladly.

Yes a lot of very good managers available and we go for the one everybody in the country knew we would , all so boring and predictable.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Barclay seats 4849 the 3rd"][quote user="Champions"]He won''t take no shit from players? He can''t even look at a pre/post match interviewer in the eyes, he always looking away to avoid eye contact.

That was the most obvious example ,, I think too many people on here just dismiss a prospective manager , for no better reason than it is not their personal choice ... you are all babies !![/quote]They drew 2-2.Never let the facts etc.[/quote]

The facts were that they won on aggregate !

The point was that the tactics were changed mid game to achieve this .......clear now ?

It''s one thing just telling an expensive and formally restricted Spurs side to just go out and play. It''s completely different to managing us on a game by game basis against the variety of challenges we''ll face in the Championship this year. He might talk well in the media but the guy is very much in the Harry Redknapp mould, sod tactics, just get some pace on the wings and tell players to play.

It''s a recipe to get a squad to perform just about at their potential provided they''re all happy but we need someone with the nous to get us performing well above the sum of our parts consistently and someone who can out think and out manoeuvre the opposition.

A pragmatist with proven experience of getting a team promoted is what we need, we need Mackay. He''s the best candidate to get us up at the first time of asking and poses very little risk. Also he is not a negative manager, Hughton was a negative manager who imposed a negative culture on the team, every game no matter what the opposition we sat back and attacked at a snails pace. Mackay comes up with game plans and sets the team up in the best way on a match by match basis.

His default with Cardiff seemed to be a pressing game that focused on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible, much like us under.....Lambert ;)