Sign in to follow this  
All Gunns Blazing.

DOF before manager?

Do you think they would appoint a DOF before they make a choice on a manager? Wouldn''t a DOF normally have some input on a appointment of manager considering these 2 will need to have a good working relationship?

[quote user="All Gunns Blazing."]Do you think they would appoint a DOF before they make a choice on a manager? Wouldn''t a DOF normally have some input on a appointment of manager considering these 2 will need to have a good working relationship?[/quote]

Its going to be a Technical Director.  Slightly different, but yes, it is an important part of  the equation.

The line was that the manager. apart from havign to play the "Norwich Way" would have to accept the constraints of working with/ under the DOF/TD. Surely if you are appointing a manager in such circumstances, you would need to know who the man upstairs is?  

[quote user="Graham Paddons Beard"]And if it was Ricky Martin it would be the biggest case of "Little Nowich" we have EVER seen . But it wont be so relax.  [/quote]

Why? Techincal Directors are rarely big ''names'' and are often appointed from within. Can you name many technical directors off the top of your head?

I would still expect him in before the new manager, west brom have just appointed a technical director and in the article I have just read it states it is his job to find a new head coach. Now I dont expect McN to leave it to the new TD to find a new manager but I would expect him in before the new manager to have some input and I would of also expected an announcement.

[quote user="All Gunns Blazing."]I would still expect him in before the new manager, west brom have just appointed a technical director and in the article I have just read it states it is his job to find a new head coach. Now I dont expect McN to leave it to the new TD to find a new manager but I would expect him in before the new manager to have some input and I would of also expected an announcement.[/quote]

I think you can go manager first, then Technical Director. As long as the manager clearly knows what the TD will be doing once he arrives. It''s like any working relationship, whilst it is nice to get along it isn''t essential. I''m sure everyone has had a job where they don''t always see eye-to-eye with a co-worker but can still manage to work perfectly well with them.

If it was Malky, then surely the TD would be Ian Moody - was it not his dubious sacking that kicked off the problems at Cardiff?

However, prising Moody away from Palace may be a whole different issue, and could that be the stumbling block in hiring malky?

(No source, just putting 2+2 together and getting 5.2864849!)

[quote user="Rogue Baboon"]If it was Malky, then surely the TD would be Ian Moody - was it not his dubious sacking that kicked off the problems at Cardiff? However, prising Moody away from Palace may be a whole different issue, and could that be the stumbling block in hiring malky? (No source, just putting 2+2 together and getting 5.2864849!)[/quote]

Think Malky wouldn''t expect Moody to be appointed, especially as he is with a Prem team now. Moody and a Technical Director are slightly different, Moody is more like Ewan Chester and responsible for transfer policy, rather than training, sports science and medicine which McNally was mentioning on the radio today.

I see WBA have just appointed Terry Burton. He would be someone known to them although I believe he was currently at Arsenal? WBA haven''t yet appointed their manager have they? So unless they kept it quiet the TD was appointed first.

Maybe WBA and us are fishing in the same pool for first team manager? Which could explain any hold up there might be?

Sorry so many questions but you''re my man with the answers Beth[;)]