Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Why do people go on wind-ups?

I''ve never really understood it. Its not very funny is it? So far we''ve had someone claiming to be in the know about almost every managerial candidate. All but one will be a wind up, either direct from the poster or second hand. But do these individuals sit at home laughing to themselves? I used to live with a girl who supported Everton, and whenever I asked about the football results, she''d always tell me Everton won, then id find out a few days later that they hadnt, and she found it hysterical. I didnt get it then and I dont get it now. Can anyone shed any insight onto this bizarre practice?

I would refer the hon gentleman to the post above

[quote user="City1st"]I would refer the hon gentleman to the post above

[/quote]Don''t you think it a bit creepy going through my photobucket gallery, and using my photo as your display picture?Look mate, I''m not gay, and I''m not interested.

[quote user="The Great Mass Debater"]Morty, you are deeply engrained in my mind as looking exactly like Gary Doherty. Im not sure my brain can accept you looking any other way...[/quote]Lol, sorry.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="City1st"]I would refer the hon gentleman to the post above

[/quote]Don''t you think it a bit creepy going through my photobucket gallery, and using my photo as your display picture?Look mate, I''m not gay, and I''m not interested.[/quote]methinks the laddie doth protest too loudly

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="morty"][quote user="City1st"]I would refer the hon gentleman to the post above

[/quote]Don''t you think it a bit creepy going through my photobucket gallery, and using my photo as your display picture?Look mate, I''m not gay, and I''m not interested.[/quote]methinks the laddie doth protest too loudly

[/quote]No, honestly, I really don''t.You enjoying the pics of my kids too?

check the thread title laddie

ps throwing silly accusations around won''t help either

Theres a distinct difference between an amusing wind up, and being creepy and weird.But I''m guessing you don''t get that, do you?

It is an amusing wind up, given your over the top reaction.I doubt anyone would have known had you not bitten.It is not creepy or weird given that you have posted your mug on an open media source - and that only came up when I clicked on a picture that you put up on an open media source .... this forumTrying to spin that I did it because I am gay or a peadophile, or am stalking you is all rather silly It will be gone by tomorrow, now calm yourself down and recognise that had you not have made such a big drama out of it, it would have most likely passed completely unnoticed

how kind

ps ''normal service is now resumed elsewhere

[quote user="City1st"]how kind

ps ''normal service is now resumed elsewhere

[/quote]Or translated " I have realised I have been a bit of a dick"

would you like me to put it back up again .............................. dear ?

do lighten up laddie ................ and take the key out of your back

[quote user="City1st"]would you like me to put it back up again .............................. dear ?

do lighten up laddie ................ and take the key out of your back

[/quote]Fill your boots mate, I have no reason to hide my identity, I have met countless people from here.If you would like to use my photo as your avatar, then crack on lol[Y]

Its quite sad when someone thinks they are popular and funny, and it really isn''t the case.

it''s not just the fans who take the pee with wind ups (and I think they do it for a laugh or as they have nothing better in their lives.... some might even believe their own Bull!)

it''s also people who Hijack threads with petty point scoring and playing "My C*cks bigger than your C*ck" by arguing online and calling each other names taking threads off track...

now.. if only there was an example I could point to in this thread....