Sign in to follow this  
Dave

A mistake was made lets move on

Every day in one form or another it is mentioned that the board made a mistake by not sacking Hughton earlier but its happened and we cant turn back the clock so lets move on.

Even if we sacked Hughton we may still have gone down, West Ham were in a similar situation and their fans called for the managers head but they stuck by him and they stayed up.

Thankfully the board didn''t let hughton panic buy in January which would have left us with a QPR situation by going down and having players on even bigger wages.

[quote user="River End Canary"]I have no intention of moving on it is my intention to feast on this short comings of our board for months[/quote]

How to troll and be 100% honest at the same time....

To be fair until the club either announce the new manager, release a player, buy a player, announce some friendlies or a new kit there''s nothing else to talk about other than their failings last year. So a trolling we shall go.

[quote user="Dave"]Every day in one form or another it is mentioned that the board made a mistake by not sacking Hughton earlier but its happened and we cant turn back the clock so lets move on.

Even if we sacked Hughton we may still have gone down, West Ham were in a similar situation and their fans called for the managers head but they stuck by him and they stayed up.

Thankfully the board didn''t let hughton panic buy in January which would have left us with a QPR situation by going down and having players on even bigger wages.[/quote]Or sacking him too early?

NO....the really big mistake was sacking him when they did, regardless of the fan pressure, THAT was a huge gamble that didnt pay off. Or is this actually the same as not sacking him earlier enough?? But, yes....time to move one, hindsight is a great isnt it.......

[quote user="Dubai Mark"]NO....the really big mistake was sacking him when they did, regardless of the fan pressure, THAT was a huge gamble that didnt pay off. Or is this actually the same as not sacking him earlier enough?? But, yes....time to move one, hindsight is a great isnt it.......[/quote]it was NOT the fan pressure that ousted Hughton judging by the emails, letters, texts etc Hughton would have gone Easter 2013 at leasthe was sacked because it was clear from the players he had not a clue about what to do next - the board had previously believed that he would at least scrape the necessary points to keep us upwhat doesn''t add up is the stuff about there being no other managers availableI would suggest that they had already lined someone up to replace Hughton after the season (as he was contracted to another club), whether that ''arrangement'' was conditional upon us being in the PL may explain why they are having ''to start again''

ps it will be very telling to see where Hughton goes next

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="Dubai Mark"]NO....the really big mistake was sacking him when they did, regardless of the fan pressure, THAT was a huge gamble that didnt pay off. Or is this actually the same as not sacking him earlier enough?? But, yes....time to move one, hindsight is a great isnt it.......[/quote]

it was NOT the fan pressure that ousted Hughton

judging by the emails, letters, texts etc Hughton would have gone Easter 2013 at least

he was sacked because it was clear from the players he had not a clue about what to do next - the board had previously believed that he would at least scrape the necessary points to keep us up

what doesn''t add up is the stuff about there being no other managers available

I would suggest that they had already lined someone up to replace Hughton after the season (as he was contracted to another club), whether that ''arrangement'' was conditional upon us being in the PL may explain why they are having ''to start again''

ps it will be very telling to see where Hughton goes next

[/quote]

The final explosion of anger after the West Brom defeat went a long way to finally making the board act. So fan pressure did play a crucial part.

I would suggest the fans anger was an effect rather than a causeThat was a crucial game, which in some senses signalled to all that with Hughton as manager relegation was inevitable. I''m sure the board would have toughed it out if they believed that Hugton was capable of getting the results needed. Thye had done so up t that point.However I would say it is ridiculous to claim that it was gamble replacing Hughton, there was no other choice. The only gamble was to stick with himfor so long after it was clear he was not up to the job. I don''t think some realise what damage Hughton had caused and what he was continuing to be caused.I suspect this maybe one of the factors in the delay in appointing the new manager and the idea of a director of football. Not only to mitigate the possibilty of another manager causing such damage, but to restore confidence in the players (all at all levels) that their future for the moment remains at Carrow Road.A job that has to be got right.

[quote user="River End Canary"]I have no intention of moving on it is my intention to feast on this short comings of our board for months[/quote]

Huzzah!

[quote user="Wiz"]

Huzzah!

[/quote]

Every time you shout "Huzzah!" one of your spokes break. Now you know where that ends, don''t you?

What came to light in that interview this morning was that it is now clear that McNally was not calling the shots on the managerial situation. Delia says "David said to us you can go this way and it will be a gamble or you go that way and it will be a gamble"

She also paints a picture of them sitting around the table in January, clueless saying there was no one out there. McNally at a later date in an interview said it would be negligent of the club not to be aware of the options and to not have a plan. Which is it then?

He signed a three year deal when he joined.Not so much what it cost as that will have already been budgeted for, but the cost of the neew manager, DOF, coaches etcHowever set against what has been lost in TV payments it is peanuts