Sign in to follow this  
Newton

WHO WILL NOT BE OUR NEW MANAGER

During the Radio Norfolk Interview Delia stated that the main reason why they did not replace Hoots in Jan was that there were no suitable candidates available. Sadly, the Manager at the time was not the only one who did not have a plan B, neither did the Board

Therefore, can we please stop speculationg that any of the following will be given the job, as they were all available in Jan, but clearly not considered suitable then

Clarke, Zola, Hoddle, Warnock, Di Matteo, Phelan, Curbishly

Who else ?

I am glad someone has finally started a thread on this manager thing.

We were in the Premiership then, our priories of manager would have come down since then

[quote user="SYG"]We were in the Premiership then, our priories of manager would have come down since then[/quote]come down !we had a manager, yet when we don''t have one ........... the priorities come down ! ! !dearie me

Yup.

They did not feel there was a suitable manager available at that time. We are in a different predicament now. Someone possibly seen as too much of a gamble for the premier league may be considered good enough for a promotion push.

Also worth noting that Zola left Watford in December, so whilst technically available may not have felt he was ready to dive headfirst into another appointment.

I believe Di Matteo was still being paid by Chelsea at that point so also, may not have made himself available as he may have had to forgo those wages - which in all likelihood would have been better than anything on offer elsewhere.

YellowFC - other than having a manager to keep us in the prem is a manager on a different level of ability to the one who knows the championship.

As our needs have changed its quite possible that who was not suitable in jan could well be now.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]YellowFC - other than having a manager to keep us in the prem is a manager on a different level of ability to the one who knows the championship.

As our needs have changed its quite possible that who was not suitable in jan could well be now.[/quote]I don''t think Lambert knew the Championship, not did Redkappin fact Lambert didn''t know the PL eitherall this guff is a bit of a mytha manager is either up to managing, or notthe key variable is what is he managing ... and with us, apart from picking up the horros left by Hughton, the wind is pretty much behind him ie squad, money etcthe only thing is that nothing less than promotion will be acceptable

"the only thing is that nothing less than promotion will be acceptable"

To whom? Some supporters maybe, but I didn''t get that opinion from the board members today.

But they did not state that, did they ?Of course they are not going to set themselves up for a fall but I would hardly think that their intent is an "ever so ''umble'' mid table will do.We get a huge £23m in parachute payment this season. tThat reduces to £18m, then the year after £9m. It is therefore imperative that we use this money to get us back into the PL ........ if only to fulfill the role of a yo yo club.

Oh right, so by not setting goals they were in fact saying that nothing less than promotion will be acceptable.

Of course the aim will be to get promoted ASAP, I don''t think anyone disagrees on that, but that doesn''t mean nothing less than promotion will be acceptable.

[quote user="Monty13"]Oh right, so by not setting goals they were in fact saying that nothing less than promotion will be acceptable.

Of course the aim will be to get promoted ASAP, I don''t think anyone disagrees on that, but that doesn''t mean nothing less than promotion will be acceptable.[/quote]That''s some aim, one that if we fail in it, it is acceptable,dearie me

So, just to be clear, you are suggesting that if our new manager fails to get us promoted he should be sacked, as nothing less than promotion is acceptable?

Even if we say, miss out in the playoffs and are playing good football?

Because after all NOTHING less than the aim (promotion) is acceptable.

Way to not put pressure on the new guy. It''s opinions (and it is your opinion, not in fact what anyone at the club has said) like this that will have idiots baying for his blood if we aren''t challenging for first by October.