Sign in to follow this  
skeps

england u21, redmond starts

[quote user="I.S."]To be fair, I remember lots of games last season where the wingers interchanged positions so I don''t necessarily think that is fair.

I think it is more down to the level of opposition and the lack of confidence/pressure of the forwards under Hughton.

Redmond seems like a grounded lad, and we have absolutely no need to sell, so you would think we can at least convince him to stay for the season and get more experience. After all, the only reason he got so much football for us last season was down to injuries so it would likely be the case if he went to a Prem team.[/quote]Another comfort is that Championship players are getting picked for the U21''s, so staying wouldn''t hamper his international career.

The hype train seems to have gone into Andros Townsend esque motion tonight for young Redmond

Probably should take a step back and remember this Welsh lot lost to San Marino U21''s

Best for him and us would be him staying, and progressing in the Championship. Not really ready for the Premier league just yet

Yes Nathan did well tonight.

Yes, a good hat trick.

Yes he shows great promise.

............ but how many of those goals would have been scored against a Premiership defence?

Let''s not get carried away, his time will come but he still has a long way to go.

What a stunning indictment on the reign of Hughton.......

Redmond scores one goal all season for Norwich, yet produces a hat-trick for the England U21s.

[quote user="unique"]What a stunning indictment on the reign of Hughton.......

Redmond scores one goal all season for Norwich, yet produces a hat-trick for the England U21s.[/quote]Well done for somehow managing to make this be about Hughton[Y]

[quote user="unique"]What a stunning indictment on the reign of Hughton.......

Redmond scores one goal all season for Norwich, yet produces a hat-trick for the England U21s.[/quote]or maybe, a realistic expression of the difference between the PL and the Welsh U21''s

[quote user="morty"][quote user="unique"]What a stunning indictment on the reign of Hughton.......

Redmond scores one goal all season for Norwich, yet produces a hat-trick for the England U21s.[/quote]Well done for somehow managing to make this be about Hughton[Y][/quote]It can''t be said Hughton''s Norwich side was renowned for its progressive attacking play.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="morty"][quote user="unique"]What a stunning indictment on the reign of Hughton.......

Redmond scores one goal all season for Norwich, yet produces a hat-trick for the England U21s.[/quote]Well done for somehow managing to make this be about Hughton[Y][/quote]It can''t be said Hughton''s Norwich side was renowned for its progressive attacking play.[/quote]He isn''t even our manager any more, time to let it go.How long we going to keep blaming him?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]It may well have only been wales u21s but I didnt see ince or ings score a hattrick.[/quote]

If they''d put Murphy on the other wing they''d have scored another 4 or 5.

These boys will create havoc in the Championship next season - I cannot wait!

Indy_Bones wrote the following post at 19/05/2014 8:05 PM:

Nope, they just moaned about lack of end product even when it wasn''t that bad.

Also note how much better he does in a less restricted role on the wing....

------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought most were accusing him of not improving and saying that he couldn''t cross (when I believe statistics said that he was better than anyone at the club in this respect). Apologies if i''m wrong, but i''m sure there was a thread that I saw where people were being just so petty and harsh despite the lad only being 19/20. ??

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]I can''t see him staying, I never thought he would since relegation was all but confirmed. He''s a decent lad but we''ll get some offers and if he continues to shine in games like this that only pushes the price up! Here''s hoping he bags a hat trick tonight :D[/quote]

So a hat trick like I predicted! Sod Wiz and his pagan BS, the dark side reveals all.

He is a young lad and will have learned a lot last season. Very rare for a young player to come into the prem and produce sustained quality in every game, especially in a struggling team.

If we can hang on to him and bounce back up he will be a much better player next time round.

As said before, better learning his stuff on the pitch in the Championship than sat on the bench of a PL club