Sign in to follow this  
skeps

england u21, redmond starts

And he just scored a beauty! Don''t think the keeper covered himself in glory though. And our chances of keeping him just went down a little bit more..

Redmond scores!Bloody hell lad, I''d rather you keep a low profile over the summer!

I can''t see him staying, I never thought he would since relegation was all but confirmed. He''s a decent lad but we''ll get some offers and if he continues to shine in games like this that only pushes the price up! Here''s hoping he bags a hat trick tonight :D

I think he''ll stay. Like most of his team mates he didn''t have the best 2nd half of the season and even though he''s undoubtedly a real prospect I''m not sure he did enough in the 2nd half of the season to attract the sort of bid required to test our resolve. He doesn''t seem like the sort of lad who''d want to jump ship either, although Hughton''s departure could have an influence.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]I thought most on here thought he was awful?[/quote]Nope, they just moaned about lack of end product even when it wasn''t that bad.Also note how much better he does in a less restricted role on the wing....

See no reason the think he won''t be here next season, hardly set the PL on fire and won''t have any release clauses in his contract. The way people talk it''s like every player will want to jump a sinking ship, that''s not the case. I expect to see the majority of the squad next season, Redmond included.

Ha, more goals for England U21''s than us! Hopefully when we get a manager that knows how to set up an attack, he''ll show us what he''s capable of.

I am a Redmond fan and have supported him all season as I believe his final product will come.

He looks so much more confident tonight for the U21''s but it''s also not against top Premier League opposition.

The lad has got an absolutely sublime touch, and if he can find the end product more regularly next season, there is no doubt he will be one of the most exciting young players in the country.

Really hope we will keep hold of him - if we are ambitious then this is exactly the sort of player we need to retain.

[quote user="morty"]Redmond completes his hat trick![/quote]

Ish!!! Major hand ball from his team mate, great run though!!!

Curiously the last two goals were a replica of the failings of our teamdon''t mark tight, or close down ..... but back off so as to allow the attacking player the time and space to set up a shot

I know it''s a totally different level of opposition, but you wouldn''t know you were watching the same player. Hopefully he stays and the new manager can get him performing like this on a regular basis.

Mind you, most people seem to hate inverted wingers and blame this for our lack of goals last season. Playing Redmond on the right would surely negate his ability to cut in and score goals.

Composed on the ball and confident in front of goal. Yes he got lucky with a couple, but you have to hook a duck if you want a fluffy teddybear.Its a shame he couldn''t make this form consistently for us this season, but if he keeps up this sort of form, could he be our first 10million pound player??

Ref the inverted wingers thing, i''d say most peoples objection to it is when,as played by CH , its constant.

I for one have got no problem with wingers changing wings, especially if they can both cross and shoot with both feet....keeps defenders guessing.

To be fair, I remember lots of games last season where the wingers interchanged positions so I don''t necessarily think that is fair.

I think it is more down to the level of opposition and the lack of confidence/pressure of the forwards under Hughton.

Redmond seems like a grounded lad, and we have absolutely no need to sell, so you would think we can at least convince him to stay for the season and get more experience. After all, the only reason he got so much football for us last season was down to injuries so it would likely be the case if he went to a Prem team.