Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Number 1 choice is more than likely still in a job.

Starting to wonder if the appointment is going to take everyone by surprise. Can''t see how the names that have been linked would be complicated.

Isn''t the delay just about releasing Moody from Palace? They want to announce the full coaching team together?

The way McNally reminisced today about hiring Lambert due to his experience of League''s 1+2 also makes Malky seem the strongest candidate by their criteria ... he WON the Championship last time he was in it!

Can''t see it going to Sherwood ... why gamble on a coach who has never presided over an entire season and did as well as any average manager would have done with Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Lennon, Paulinho, Adebayor, Dawson, Eriksen, Sigurdssen, Bentaleb and Rose to field. Even Hughton would have secured a top 7 finish with that squad.

They say that no one has been offered the job yet so they are probably still trying to decide who would be the option.

Malky has now won the Championship as both a player and a manager now, but he is a defensive manager just like Hughton was so they probably want someone who plays a more attacking style.

[quote user="ref89"]I can''t believe you don''t understand how odds work.Do you think the bookies are "in the know" and adjust them as they go?It just means more people are putting money on him.  Those people know no more than you or me, there are just lots of them betting.But don''t let facts get in the way of your "clueless board" rant.

[quote user="Long drives home"]I can''t believe people are still speculating. Its Malky hence he is now 1/12 with the bookmakers.

Did you ever expect anything actually remotely more than the obvious choice from our board of football genius! People that said nobody was available in January.

They got lucky with Lambert because he humiliated us 7-1! Probably got the job after a who shall we appoint now then? What about him over there conversation.

They have never been good at this and never will be.[/quote][/quote]exactlyand the numpties see the odds shorten so bleat '' the bookies must know something'', oblivious to the fact that if the bookies DID know something then why the hell are they still taking bets !my thoughtis that it might be an almost complete unkown in the sense of names on heresure Mackay won the Championship, but with a huge amount of money, but did naff all in the PLthe club will be wanting someone with a longer future in mind and someone who can motivate and coach the team, rather than as a manager (of everything)expect a surprise

It could actually be that the Number 1''s choice as his assistant is still in work. In the case of Malky I can''t remember who that was.

I wonder if the ''complexity'' is more the head of recruitment more than the manager. They said they want to announce it all at once. Could be Mackay and his former recruitment man Ian moody who is currently with palace.

[quote user="Fellow Yellow"]The delay is due to malkys right hand man at palace is still agreeing terms and compensation for palace.[/quote]For that to be true Malky would have to have been offered the job , McNally stressed nobody has been offered it .

[quote user="Pieman III"]Hope it''s Lennon, so I get a return on the £85 I just staked on it[/quote]

Unlucky.