Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Number 1 choice is more than likely still in a job.

My thinking behind this is a manager out of work would probably be signed and sealed now.

The club are probably in the process of negotiating a compensation deal and that is likely to be the hold up.

Or they are in a Malky/ RDM type situation. While Malky has ''dropped his claim'' against Cardiff, I bet there are still loose ends to tie up.

No they are waiting for Malky to say yes as his 2nd choice! Once West Brom confirm they don''t want his services. This is due to the fact they would like to play football the "norwich way".

Why are we letting a manager wait to see if a better option comes available? We want someone that genuinely wants to be here!!

Trying hard to look beyond my green tinted specs, i''m not sure i''d want the WBA job over the Norwich job. We have a good squad and enough money to have a real good stab at promotion compared to WBA who have been poor since Lukaku left. You''d be fighting an uphill battle trying to keep them in the top flight again in my opinion.

I would rather have both thanks, given the **** the fans have had to put up with last season and the fact they have paid prem prices for a championship season ticket after being held to ransom by pay large increases to later renewal levels! The board knew there were many fans considering not renewing if Hughton was in charge so they forced peoples hands in the hope that he would be gone and we would stay up!

So I thoroughly believe the board owe the supporters a manager that:

a. Wants to be here

b. is a sign of ambition

c. Plays football the "norwich way"

As usual they are probably arguing over a few pennies at the detriment of the supporters. Without any long term vision of what effect the wrong manager will have!

I believe we have one shot at getting back up quickly and therefore need someone to perform fast.

Lennon was the man for me, I am guessing his compensation was too much so they have now moved to the cheaper option of Malky (No compensation) hence the drastic late change in odds!

They could yet again be made to look silly if Malky is offered the West Brom job and lumps ship while dotting i''s and crossing T''s.

What evidence is there to prove that my guess above is incorrect. Malky relieved less than 10% of the vote on here. So is hardly the supporters choice when this appointment should be!

The reason for the delay as I put in another thread is that the first choice of Sherwood was a done deal until West Brom started sniffing around him and he wanted to wait and see, so we now have to wait or go with the number 2 choice which looks like Malkay and would be so underwhelmed if it is.

Based on what?  How do you know this "fact".I would be astonished if the board think Sherwood is the man to lead us out of the Championship.[quote user="Paul"]The reason for the delay as I put in another thread is that the first choice of Sherwood was a done deal until West Brom started sniffing around him and he wanted to wait and see, so we now have to wait or go with the number 2 choice which looks like Malkay and would be so underwhelmed if it is.[/quote]

I was umpiring a cricket match in Southend on Saturday and was talking to one of the players and we got on to football and that I was a norwich fan.

He said he is good friends with Mark Robson, from his spurs and west ham days so i asked him who the next manager was going to be and he said that Robson told him that Sherwood was a done deal until West Brom.

Believe me or not but no reason for the bloke to lie or me. I''d rather have Lennon than Sherwood or Malky

Sherwood will be brighton manager. I know he''s the number 1 target for them. Take it at evens!

As for Norwich manager I don''t think there''s any point In being that fussy considering the candidates available. Malky did well getting cardiff up, Lennon has done well at Celtic and Zola was unfairly (IMO) treated at Watford.

Delia said its complex very complex , that sounds more like sorting out compensation for somebody in a job rather than just waiting for Malky to decide if hes wanted by West Brom , ditto Sherwood . Also said it will be decided in a few days and they wont know how long West Brom are going to take appointing somebody , my guess would be Lennon with Adams as plan B if it falls through .

I still believe it''s somebody else. I believe Sherwood and Zola are major smokescreens whilst Malk was a genuine 2nd choice. I don''t think Adams was ever truly considered. I won''t be surprised if we appoint from abroad.

...following on, I believe the "challenge" mentioned is more of a visa / family relocation issue ahead of anything else. That''s my belief.

Listening to talk sport and they are reporting that Sherwood has ruled himself out of the Brighton job.

I can''t believe people are still speculating. Its Malky hence he is now 1/12 with the bookmakers.

Did you ever expect anything actually remotely more than the obvious choice from our board of football genius! People that said nobody was available in January.

They got lucky with Lambert because he humiliated us 7-1! Probably got the job after a who shall we appoint now then? What about him over there conversation.

They have never been good at this and never will be.

[quote user="Long drives home"]I can''t believe people are still speculating. Its Malky hence he is now 1/12 with the bookmakers.

Did you ever expect anything actually remotely more than the obvious choice from our board of football genius! People that said nobody was available in January.

They got lucky with Lambert because he humiliated us 7-1! Probably got the job after a who shall we appoint now then? What about him over there conversation.

They have never been good at this and never will be.[/quote]So whats very complex about appointing an out of work manager ?

Also Malky is 1/12 , 1/6 or 2/9 with the three bookmaking firms offering odds , this short price is because of Charlie Wyetts piece saying we had offered Malky the job , McNally said this morning nobody has been offered the job .

Who was that Italian manager we were randomly linked with a while back and what happened to him?

I can''t believe you don''t understand how odds work.Do you think the bookies are "in the know" and adjust them as they go?It just means more people are putting money on him.  Those people know no more than you or me, there are just lots of them betting.But don''t let facts get in the way of your "clueless board" rant.

[quote user="Long drives home"]I can''t believe people are still speculating. Its Malky hence he is now 1/12 with the bookmakers.

They have never been good at this and never will be.[/quote]

The delay suggests to me that it probably isn''t Malky.But that''s only my guesswork.

Just saying but take into consideration Sherwood was only dismissed a few days ago having only done 5 months of an 18 month contract so I imagine there a few loose ends to tie up at the Spurs end reference his compensation package. Could that be the hold up ?

[quote user="ricardo"]The delay suggests to me that it probably isn''t Malky.But that''s only my guesswork.[/quote]I was thinking along the same lines Ricardo, that and when McNally was asked about Malky on Radio Norfolk he said " As a man I don''t know him very well, Delia and Michael probably know him better from his time at the club. I know his place in Norwich folklore and his success as a Championship player."If McNally and the board had been interviewing Malky I would expect him to know him "as a man"and Delia and Michael to definitely know him better . The way he answered the question it was genuinely as if he had never spent any time with Malky

Malky isn''t the obvious choice. If he was he''d have been appointed in Jan when they said no one was available, if Malky wanted this job/the club wanted Malky he''d have sorted out his problems with Cardiff then and been appointed manager here.

I''m starting to wonder about Sherwood as a real contender, McNally did speak about experience though and I can take the argument that Sherwoods is only a few months more than Neils.

I went back and watched the Sherwood goals on sunday interview:

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/goals-on-sunday/9316176/sherwood-looks-to-the-future

Few things in hindsight made me wonder if he has been approached by us.

A) It''s clear from comments elsewhere there is still issues to be resolved with spurs before taking another job.

B) He is bigging up the idea of a DOF, or whatever you want to call it (cough Technical Director), saying they work in the right way but also saying the manager needs to be in control of transfers - sounds spookily familiar to DMs view on the role this morning.

C) Very enthusiastic about considering jobs in the Championship no acknowledgement of the Brighton job he was asked about, and the way he said have an honest conversation with the owners and or Chairman made it sound, well to me, like a conversation with someone may have happened.

Add the emphasis from the board on winning games and MWJ deliberately vocalising his support for giving youth a chance....

It''s probably someone else, but Sherwood does seem to me to be a much better fit to what the Board are describing than Malky, but then so does Zola.

maybe delia complexed means  foreign manager wants to bring his family over to see area before saying yes ? god knows if that is true but could be why things are bring drawn out ??????

the source I know well in the club has said lennon all the time with their 100 % record of infor they told me

I still think it may be foreign manager

this person who is close to boardroom said not malky  I really am putting their record of inside knowledge to the test

source a family friend has no reason to lie told me about ruddy having something wrong on a old or fresh injury which was shown up in medical that is why he didn''t get sold last season !  

Could it be Roberto Di Matteo if his wife decides she does not want to move to Frankfurt? could that be what we have been waiting on?

My guess is that Lennon is still No1 choice of McNally and its taking time to tie up loose ends with Celtic. We shall see.