Sign in to follow this  
crab

Gonna be malky

How can you say Redmond is worth no more than £3m Ip5w1ch fan? I agree his end product is still developing, but you don''t get a hattrick for England under 21''s and only be worth £3m. I''m not saying he''s worth £20m alone (maybe one day he will be) but i''d be after nearer £10m considering we don''t need to sell.

As for Fer, if he goes anywhere, it''ll be for nearer the £8m Everton nearly bought him for initially. He had one non-recurring and unrelated to his ''troublesome knee'' injury at a key moment which half explains his ''going missing''.

I personally think if he does go, someone like Newcastle will be after him. They already publicly courted him after his goal past them a few months ago, not to mention LvG has included him in the Dutch squad.

I wouldn''t take £20m for the three mentioned if it was up to me, it''s not like we''d find better replacements now. Someone like Leroy Fer will thrive under Malkys guidance.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How can you say Redmond is worth no more than £3m Ip5w1ch fan? I agree his end product is still developing, but you don''t get a hattrick for England under 21''s and only be worth £3m. I''m not saying he''s worth £20m alone (maybe one day he will be) but i''d be after nearer £10m considering we don''t need to sell.

As for Fer, if he goes anywhere, it''ll be for nearer the £8m Everton nearly bought him for initially. He had one non-recurring and unrelated to his ''troublesome knee'' injury at a key moment which half explains his ''going missing''.

I personally think if he does go, someone like Newcastle will be after him. They already publicly courted him after his goal past them a few months ago, not to mention LvG has included him in the Dutch squad.

I wouldn''t take £20m for the three mentioned if it was up to me, it''s not like we''d find better replacements now. Someone like Leroy Fer will thrive under Malkys guidance.[/quote]Oh come on, it''s a hat-trick against Wales U21''s. It''s not going to put another zero on his price tag.He may have come on a little since he''s joined you from Birmingham so maybe 4-4.5m at the very most. But I stand by my comment that he''s far from the finished article which is why he''s nowhere near worth what you think.We will see how long the queue of suitors is for Fer over the summer I guess!

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]How can you say Redmond is worth no more than £3m Ip5w1ch fan? I agree his end product is still developing, but you don''t get a hattrick for England under 21''s and only be worth £3m. I''m not saying he''s worth £20m alone (maybe one day he will be) but i''d be after nearer £10m considering we don''t need to sell.

I wouldn''t take £20m for the three mentioned if it was up to me, it''s not like we''d find better replacements now. Someone like Leroy Fer will thrive under Malkys guidance.[/quote]Oh come on, it''s a hat-trick against Wales U21''s. It''s not going to put another zero on his price tag.He may have come on a little since he''s joined you from Birmingham so maybe 4-4.5m at the very most. But I stand by my comment that he''s far from the finished article which is why he''s nowhere near worth what you think.We will see how long the queue of suitors is for Fer over the summer I guess![/quote]As opposed to the very short queue for any of your players lol.

2 words, Matt Jarvis

That explains why Redmond is more a £10m player. There have been far less established players sold for near that. Look at Dwight Gayle for instance, indeed it took him all season to start reapying that fee back, but now it doesn''t look so daft that Palace shelled out £8.5m for him does it? I think we''re in for a few surprises this summer with the amount of TV money clubs will be getting.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]2 words, Matt Jarvis

That explains why Redmond is more a £10m player. There have been far less established players sold for near that. Look at Dwight Gayle for instance, indeed it took him all season to start reapying that fee back, but now it doesn''t look so daft that Palace shelled out £8.5m for him does it? I think we''re in for a few surprises this summer with the amount of TV money clubs will be getting.[/quote]At the end of the day, Jarvis had been a lot more prolific for Wolves over a couple of Prem seasons than Redmond.A player is ultimately worth what another club will pay for them, it just so happened the Hammers wanted to splurge 10m on him. I''ll be mighty surprised if a club comes in with anywhere near a similar offer for Redmond.

Your biased opinion is laughable.And your obsession with Norwich is cringeworthy.Still, you have your history....

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]I really don''t think it''s fair to label him as defensive! He came to Carrow road with a poor side and parked the bus because he knew that would almost guarantee a point with our woeful attack. Cardiff and Watfords default style was high pressing and direct, exactly like Lamberts was. Mackay is a tactically astute pragmatist, he won''t turn us into Swansea but a high energy game focused on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible is what I''ve always though ''the Norwich way'' to be[/quote] His Cardiff side did score over 70 goals when they were promoted. I wouldn''t mind seeing that next season however ''defensive'' his tactics were![/quote]

And Chris Hughton''s Newcastle scored 90 goals and we all know what his outlook was.

It isn''t about how many goals are scored (especially when he was the manager of a team that outspent the nearest rivals considerably) but more about his ideology. Malky is a defensive, long ball manager - no two ways about it. He might play an attacking team in the Championship, but if Norwich get promoted, expect more dour, negative football.

[/quote]

Good point about Hughton and Newcastle ... You have me there.

The question is would we really complain if we played organised and disciplined football that got us promoted and kept us up (Stoke of old) or cavalier and vibrant football that didn''t?

Malky''s the man for me because he knows the league inside out and how to tame it.