Sign in to follow this  
crab

Gonna be malky

Price being driven steadily down at betfair for malkay, now odds on! Can still get 7/4 at paddy power, so lump on there before they cut the odds! Unfortunately my PP account is frozen, but if you want a freebie lay the bet off at betfair....

Be quick!

[quote user="crab"]Price being driven steadily down at betfair for malkay, now odds on! Can still get 7/4 at paddy power, so lump on there before they cut the odds! Unfortunately my PP account is frozen, but if you want a freebie lay the bet off at betfair....

Be quick![/quote]Yet Lennon even hotter favourite, now 8/15Malky 11/8Zola 7-1Sherwood 16-1Adams 20-1

Is this the same Malky Mackay whose recruitment record at Cardiff made Hughton''s purchase of RVW look like a shrewd investment?

The Lennon odds are just bookies ripping people off.

Betfair is the best guide. Nearly a thousand staked in last hour or so. Paddy power slashed odds now to evens, skybet the best out there at 11/8. Like I said stan James seem to have suspended the market- something''s happening!

It''s only a guess, but I don''t think it will be Malky, the board have said a couple of times they want the football to be attacking football, so I''m not sure why they''d look to hire another defensive manager.

Personally I''m not fussed who it is, I just want the new manager to come in sort the team out and get them focused and eager to start the new season

I really don''t think it''s fair to label him as defensive! He came to Carrow road with a poor side and parked the bus because he knew that would almost guarantee a point with our woeful attack.

Cardiff and Watfords default style was high pressing and direct, exactly like Lamberts was. Mackay is a tactically astute pragmatist, he won''t turn us into Swansea but a high energy game focused on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible is what I''ve always though ''the Norwich way'' to be

[quote user="crab"]The Lennon odds are just bookies ripping people off.

Betfair is the best guide. Nearly a thousand staked in last hour or so. Paddy power slashed odds now to evens, skybet the best out there at 11/8. Like I said stan James seem to have suspended the market- something''s happening![/quote]or in reality just setting the odds to reflect the money bet with them

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="crab"]The Lennon odds are just bookies ripping people off.

Betfair is the best guide. Nearly a thousand staked in last hour or so. Paddy power slashed odds now to evens, skybet the best out there at 11/8. Like I said stan James seem to have suspended the market- something''s happening![/quote]or in reality just setting the odds to reflect the money bet with them

[/quote]Correct , Malky was 2nd fav untill Charlie Wyett''s piece come out about the job being offered to him , then the bookies would have had a rush of bets from people thinking they were on a good thing , the price drops 1/3 then 1/6 all because Mr Wyett says the jobs Malkys when in truth if McNally is not a bare faced liar it has not been offered to anybody .If you lumped on Malky i would be a little bit worried about losing your cash right now .

Transfer News Live are now tweeting that it''s Malky according to The Sun. Have to say i''d be happy with that.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Transfer News Live are now tweeting that it''s Malky according to The Sun. Have to say i''d be happy with that.[/quote]Well it was in The Sun on Sunday so they''re a bit slow on the uptake there.

At least he has a plan B which is more than can be said for Hoots or our board

Plan A WBA

Plan B Norwich

WBA must have told him NO

Thought i''d put Sky Sports, dunno why I put The Sun! To be fair, Sky Sports is a much more credible source than the Sun! Transfer News Live is an account with 300k followers including Jacob Murphy, they don''t just put any old rubbish.

[quote user="YellowFC"]

At least he has a plan B which is more than can be said for Hoots or our board

Plan A WBA

Plan B Norwich

WBA must have told him NO

[/quote]

Pure speculation if that is the case, but so what? Obviously he''d choose the riches and likely bigger salary of the Premier League, he''s a manager and all the best managers aspire to manage in the premier league. Hopefully they will run along and get Hughton and we can wave to them next summer upon them either joining us in the championship or even better replacing us there!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Thought i''d put Sky Sports, dunno why I put The Sun! To be fair, Sky Sports is a much more credible source than the Sun! Transfer News Live is an account with 300k followers including Jacob Murphy, they don''t just put any old rubbish.[/quote]

They just summarise new stories from other outlets - no insight or critical thought put in. The Sun said Malky (based on Charlie Wyett) so then Sky copied them assuming the Sun knew what they were talking about.

[quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]I really don''t think it''s fair to label him as defensive! He came to Carrow road with a poor side and parked the bus because he knew that would almost guarantee a point with our woeful attack.

Cardiff and Watfords default style was high pressing and direct, exactly like Lamberts was. Mackay is a tactically astute pragmatist, he won''t turn us into Swansea but a high energy game focused on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible is what I''ve always though ''the Norwich way'' to be[/quote]

His Cardiff side did score over 70 goals when they were promoted. I wouldn''t mind seeing that next season however ''defensive'' his tactics were!

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"][quote user="Darth Catbeard The Old"]I really don''t think it''s fair to label him as defensive! He came to Carrow road with a poor side and parked the bus because he knew that would almost guarantee a point with our woeful attack. Cardiff and Watfords default style was high pressing and direct, exactly like Lamberts was. Mackay is a tactically astute pragmatist, he won''t turn us into Swansea but a high energy game focused on getting the ball forward as quickly as possible is what I''ve always though ''the Norwich way'' to be[/quote] His Cardiff side did score over 70 goals when they were promoted. I wouldn''t mind seeing that next season however ''defensive'' his tactics were![/quote]

And Chris Hughton''s Newcastle scored 90 goals and we all know what his outlook was.

It isn''t about how many goals are scored (especially when he was the manager of a team that outspent the nearest rivals considerably) but more about his ideology. Malky is a defensive, long ball manager - no two ways about it. He might play an attacking team in the Championship, but if Norwich get promoted, expect more dour, negative football.

Surely it depends what players he has available. I''d rather us play the long ball stuff versus the likes of Chelsea and Man City tbh, it''s our only real hope. Again i''ll state, Pulis has managed to move away from the long ball, a) because his team now doesn''t look more like a basketball team and b) because his palace side have skillful players like Puncheon and Bolsaie that can create more attractive football.

Regarding Malky, i can''t help but note that now a statement has come out stating that Allardyce is keeping his job, that clears Malky to come to us. I don''t care if he was holding out for that job tbf, I wouldn''t blame him. Yeah there''s loyalty etc, but we''ve kept Adams stringing along and we sold Malky after his efforts getting us promoted and replaced him with a 5 foot 7 centre half! That''s football and i''m glad we''re supposedly getting someone that was getting premiership interest.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Surely it depends what players he has available. I''d rather us play the long ball stuff versus the likes of Chelsea and Man City tbh, it''s our only real hope. Again i''ll state, Pulis has managed to move away from the long ball, a) because his team now doesn''t look more like a basketball team and b) because his palace side have skillful players like Puncheon and Bolsaie that can create more attractive football.

Regarding Malky, i can''t help but note that now a statement has come out stating that Allardyce is keeping his job, that clears Malky to come to us. I don''t care if he was holding out for that job tbf, I wouldn''t blame him. Yeah there''s loyalty etc, but we''ve kept Adams stringing along and we sold Malky after his efforts getting us promoted and replaced him with a 5 foot 7 centre half! That''s football and i''m glad we''re supposedly getting someone that was getting premiership interest.[/quote]Not sure Mackay has had any genuine Premiership interest, let''s be honest.He had a reasonable first half to the season with Cardiff, but there was no guarantee he''d keep them up and he made equally as many poor signings as Hughton.As I''ve said time and again since my return to Pinkun, Mackay is the obvious, but dour and safe option and is no guarantee of breathing new life into the club.

You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon.

Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.

Indeed, Cantiaci Canary. I wonder how many of the people accusing Malky of employing negative tactics are basing their opinion solely on how his Cardiff were set up against us in ONE GAME. Did any of them follow Cardiff closely during his entire tenure, or Watford before that? I know I didn''t.

[quote user="Chip20"]Indeed, Cantiaci Canary. I wonder how many of the people accusing Malky of employing negative tactics are basing their opinion solely on how his Cardiff were set up against us in ONE GAME. Did any of them follow Cardiff closely during his entire tenure, or Watford before that? I know I didn''t.[/quote]

pretty much this!!

In fact, Cornelius played just 113 minutes of football due to that injury. Clear evidence that it was just Tan being big headed and trying to force Malky out for a more fashionable name, much like Southampton successfully did with Adkins.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon.

Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.[/quote]This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon.

Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.[/quote]This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.[/quote]

I only class RVW and Elmander as wastes of money, Jonas was clearly going for pittance, Yobo did alright and the rest were bargains for what we got them for. Like i said before, we were probably only one or two players away last season from staying up. Elmander for me was where the bubble burst, a better buy there would have brought far more from RVW in particular. I still hold out a little bit of hope he''ll come good for us still anyway.

Olsson for £2m, Fer for £4m and Redmond for £3m? Absolute steals. If they are sold now, we''ll be looking at nearer £20m for the three of them.

[quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon.

Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.[/quote]This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.[/quote]Nobody cares what you think, go back to your own forums.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon. Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.[/quote]

This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.

From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.
[/quote]

Nobody cares what you think, go back to your own forums.
[/quote]

Well said.

Shouldn''t he be screwing local businesses or robbing charities or something...?

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"][quote user="portman_king"][quote user="Jimmy Smith"]You see, I think he''s what our club needs at the moment. Until the Moody sacking that completely undermined his work at Cardiff, he had them sat in 12th place in the premiership. Of his signings, Caulker was a roaring success and will have gone up in value, Medel was alright, maybe a tad expensive but he''ll recoup most of that value and the one that they use the stick to beat him with, Cornelius was barely given a chance. 11 sub appearances or something. If Tan wasn''t so self obsessed, Cornelius may have come back from his injury and done what the likes of Dwight Gayle or Connor Wickham managed. He was made an example of and offloaded far too soon.

Also, it''s not Malkys job to actually spend the money, he merely identifies players who might improve his team and the board and co should handle the money side of that.[/quote]This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.[/quote]

I only class RVW and Elmander as wastes of money, Jonas was clearly going for pittance, Yobo did alright and the rest were bargains for what we got them for. Like i said before, we were probably only one or two players away last season from staying up. Elmander for me was where the bubble burst, a better buy there would have brought far more from RVW in particular. I still hold out a little bit of hope he''ll come good for us still anyway.

Olsson for £2m, Fer for £4m and Redmond for £3m? Absolute steals. If they are sold now, we''ll be looking at nearer £20m for the three of them.[/quote]There''s no way RVW will want to play for you in the Champ. The way he reacted at Fulham when being subbed said it all. Petulant. Realised he was out of his depth and will go back to some inferior league (Turkey, Holland, Portugal, Greece or the like).I would only say Olsson has really increased in market value out of those three. By the sounds of it he''s had a good season. I think there''ll be question marks over Leroy Fer given that he went missing at key periods for you. Similarly, Redmond, clearly has all the physical attributes but his technique and decision making leave a lot to be desired.

[quote user="Chip20"]Indeed, Cantiaci Canary. I wonder how many of the people accusing Malky of employing negative tactics are basing their opinion solely on how his Cardiff were set up against us in ONE GAME. Did any of them follow Cardiff closely during his entire tenure, or Watford before that? I know I didn''t.[/quote]

I had the mispleasure of having to watch more than a few Cardiff games whilst they were in the Championship. It was all a little up-and-under and lacking much guile. This only became worse in the Prem, after the dour defensive display they put on at Norwich they went to Aston Villa (who at the time hadn''t scored for 4 games or something) and played 3 defensive midfielders. Cardiff fans were very upset that exciting players like Noone were over looked for more ''robust'' players like Gunnarsson.

Personally with Malky I don''t think he will develop much further than he has as a manager, I''d rather Norwich brought in someone like Eddie Howe or Oscar Garcia who can develop and bring the club on. Long ball football is proving less and less successful in the Prem, even Pulis (as Jimmy keeps pointing out) has ditched it. Teams like Swansea and Southampton have shown playing decent, attacking high pressing football brings far more success than those who pack men behind the ball and don''t know how to score.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="portman_king"]This is true, but begs the question why your board haven''t copped more stick than they deserve following Hughton''s 2013/14 signings.From an outsider looking in, Mackay looks like the easy option to appease the fans and brush the errors of the last 18 months under the carpet.[/quote]Nobody cares what you think, go back to your own forums.[/quote]Lol Morty, we had similar "advice" from a binner five years ago........."A long post. Sorry. I''m not trying to gloat. I think I can sum it up though by the thought that Ipswich appear to be a club thinking big, and Norwich appear to be a club thinking small."http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/1/1686755/ShowPost.aspx#1686755A must read, particularly for some of the pathetic comments from our own fans.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

I had the mispleasure of having to watch more than a few Cardiff games whilst they were in the Championship. It was all a little up-and-under and lacking much guile. This only became worse in the Prem, after the dour defensive display they put on at Norwich they went to Aston Villa (who at the time hadn''t scored for 4 games or something) and played 3 defensive midfielders. Cardiff fans were very upset that exciting players like Noone were over looked for more ''robust'' players like Gunnarsson.

Personally with Malky I don''t think he will develop much further than he has as a manager, I''d rather Norwich brought in someone like Eddie Howe or Oscar Garcia who can develop and bring the club on. Long ball football is proving less and less successful in the Prem, even Pulis (as Jimmy keeps pointing out) has ditched it. Teams like Swansea and Southampton have shown playing decent, attacking high pressing football brings far more success than those who pack men behind the ball and don''t know how to score.

[/quote]

Excellent post, summarises my feelings exactly. Would be a case of the emperor''s new clothes with Malky. After two years of dross, I don''t think I''m alone in placing entertaining football quite high on my list of priorities for the next managerial cycle.