Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Hoolahan & Pilkington

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The reason he wanted to leave, has himself left. Personally think he will stay and be the wes of old playing with freedom. We''ll....I hope :)[/quote]

That''s a bit simplistic.

If that truly is the case why did he play no part at all in the last 4 fixtures of the season? Didn''t even make a matchday squad.

He still played under Hughton which makes me think that you''re probably at least partially wrong with your assumption that it was all Hughton. Perhaps you''re blinkered by your own dislike for the man?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]The reason he wanted to leave, has himself left. Personally think he will stay and be the wes of old playing with freedom.

We''ll....I hope :)[/quote]I don''t think the Wes of old exists.Even at his best it was only really one good game in three, and we basically had to build the diamond around him, to fit him in. We don''t have the players to do that any more, and I doubt very much a new manager is going to build his team around a player of Wes''s age.Kinda telling that Adams never played him either.

I think its hard to assess any players attitude given the unsettled season we have just finished - all can be given a fresh lease of life with a rejuvenated club philosophy developed by the tech management team

Wes is the one genuinely creative cm we have; yes at 32 he is getting on but still a genuine force, esp in the champs.

Pilks on form is the best all round wide midfielder we have, quick, direct, genuinely two footed, keeps possession well and can actually cross accurately, disciplined and solid defensively and good in the air. Him fit for 30 games is better than a full season of nearly every other midfielder we have

The real question for both is whether they want to be here, if the do keep them, for the despite the valuations on this thread we would have to spend much more than that to get similar or better quality.

I believe that Pilks wouldnt command a very high price due to all of the above stated reasons,but, we dont need to sell, he does have to prove himself to all potential buyers, offer him a revised contract extension, and if he does well next season then we win, he wins, and we can look at it all again for the 2015/16 season....perhaps with us heading back up, with different management and premier league footy.

Wes however is a different story, he wasnt just hacked off at his own form/injuries like Pilks, he said some v bad things and at 32 has probably missed the boat on a ''big move''. The kind of disrespect he showed for our Club is not an attractive trait if you are a potential buyer(unless you are PL).

PS Happy Birthday Wesley (20/5/82), would like to see you redeem yourself with the club that made you a Senior International Player.

If Pilks is happy to stay then I think we should keep him - he was injured for quite a while this season. However Wes is aging and unhappy that he isn''t getting many games, so I reckon it would be best to sell him this summer

Wes is probably just as much a luxury player in the Championship as he was in the Premier League.

An Attacking midfielder who cannot Tackle or shoot ? Thanks for the memories Wes.

Hoolahan & Pilkington were not included in any of Neil Adam''s matchday squads in the 5 matches he was in charge.

I don''t know the circumstances, if neither were up to playing or he simply saw better options & did not want to play them. I think Adams would not know the rear end of a mule to the front ! He can''t distinguish between class & form ! That''s why we didn''t have a chance in those last games & for that reason I do not want to see this donkey as Norwich City manager.

The only way we have a chance of going back up is to appoint a manager that can firstly identify a good player & secondly motivate them to perform.

I have seen other threads on this forum about players we should keep. Not one include Hoolahan & Pilkington. Surprisingly they include the names of players that played the majority of the games this season. The names of players that will win you nothing - but perhaps relegation.

Efan Ekoku who comments for Sky was championing Hoolahan up to the very last game against Arsenal - he knows why we went down. One reason was we didn''t play our best players.

My opinion - "bend over backwards" hold on to these 2 - it''s that important. It''s not holding on to "past it" players - it''s actually showing some ambition to entice them to stay.

The Leeds boys, the youngsters, the sprinters & the mercenaries (we have in our ranks) will never achieve anything more than low to mid table.

3.5m for both, no chance 2m at a push, but if pilks could stay fit he would be a 6m player, but that would never happen and hoolahan has been good for us but is past his best, he would struggle to play week in week out now, get rid.

I like both players but it depends on whether they want to stay or go. If they want out then thanks and goodbye as they are no longer essentiall players in our rebuild due to age and injury.

If they choose to stay then we could get another good year out of Hoolahan and Pilks is quality when not crooked.

I would be more worried if Redmnd. or E Bennett wanted out.

The choice to stay should not be theirs - we have parachute payments which dont last for ever not a gold mine

We cant afford expensive reserves,

They both have one year on there contracts - cash in now if not in the managers plans

Pilkington had 15 good games over 3 years and cost us around £6M inc the fee

Hoolahan a fantastic servant but Norwich given him a standard of living he could only dream off when at Blackpool - he has literally earned millions from us