Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Hoolahan & Pilkington

James (Bull5hit) Nursey just said on twitter Lambert to go in for both, both have 1 year left on there contract.

Would we sell to them ?

Maybe we will now as we in different leagues, the money would be handy to rebuild and i dont see either of them happy here anymore. Time to cut losses.

Realistically what is there value ?

Maybe at a push £3.5m combined.

Yeah he can have them.

Pilks has never been consistent enough at any level for us and I think the Hoolahan and Norwich relationship is beyond repair.

Pilks on his day is an excellent player, but it looks like his heart is not in it any longer, or perhaps injuries have taken their toll.

The fact Hoolahan didn''t play for Adams probably says a lot about his attitude towards the club. He''s not really one for the future now either!

Get rid, both are on their last legs anyway.

I wouldn''t be too disappointed, to be honest. As previously said, Hoolahan''s relationship with us is beyond repair, and I have no idea what is wrong with Pilks.But I suspect this is just rumour anyway, the journos love stuff like this, bigger clubs picking over the bones of relegated clubs, especially when theres a disgruntled ex manager story attached.

Time has moved on and i doubt either will feature much next season so if we can get a few bob for them and get them off the wage bill then it will help us all

Hoolahan is dangerous in the Champs. I hope we can keep him but I accept that money talks, as does a long contract to a 30-something year old footballer.

Don''t think either of them want to be here, so best all round if they leave. Wish both of them had played a part last season, baffled as to why they didn''t.

This is the issue - all the power rests with players nowadays and the football club has little, if any, control over players leaving. Quality players only have to signal they wish to leave, or not train or not play, to their full potential, and a move will soon follow.

I''d love the new manager to be able to persuade Wes to stay. We''ve seen how good he can be in the Championship, and he''d be desperate to win back the favour of the fans. He knows his stock is low right now, and I reckon he''d be prepared to eat humble pie in the pursuit for regular football. Pilks, on the other hand, seems to have issues with injury, motivation and form – if someone wants to take a punt on harnessing that potential, I say cash in.

People saying how good he was in the Championship, are you taking into account that was 3 seasons ago?Pilkington was amazing in the Premiership two seasons ago.

In terms of Hoolahan - he has just turned 32. If we are going to cash in on him then you could argue this is the last chance we''ll get. £1.5mill would be a good fee I think, he''s probably worth a little bit more but with only a year left and he wants out.

Actually I think it might be important that he does go. He represents a period of success now some years in the past.

As for Pilkington. I''m split. I like him as a player, he''s a good crosser and yet he can be direct as well.

However looking at the wide positions we are relatively well stocked assuming we can hold onto the majority of players.

- Snodgrass, Redmond, Surman, and the two Murphy''s.

That''s without considering that Olsson, Whittaker and Garrido can play wide as well if necessary.

I personally think that Pilkington should be still worth what we paid for him at least. Injuries prevented him from having a great impact last season but when he did play, like at home to Chelsea, he proved he can ruffle even the biggest of feathers in the PL. I don''t think he is a top 6 player so to speak. £3million - ish at least I would hope.

I''d like to think with the right manager Wes might like to finish his career with us, that said he probably wants one more big payday and I couldn''t blame him for that.

As for the other one, St Mary''s a few months ago confirmed all I ever needed to know about him. On his day he''s got the talent but alas he certainly doesn''t have the application.

Less time spent on the tats and chest waxing and more spent concentrating on what he''s being paid a large sum of money to do.

---- morty --- People saying how good he was in the Championship, are you taking into account that was 3 seasons ago? Pilkington was amazing in the Premiership two seasons ago.

Hoolahan was an integral part of the squad which stayed up twice and scandalously misused during our relegation season.

Pilks has been excellent when fully fit, although he also did not look particularly happy under Hoot.

Both could be excellent players for us next season - but as you say, the club''s relationship may be gone with both.

That''s pretty much how I see it Foghorn.

If there''s any truth in the rumour that Lambert wants them both, then they''re probably as good as gone. And whilst there''s question marks over Lambert''s future, James Nursey is a pretty credible source.

We''ll have to get used to such speculation.

Fits in well with him having to wheel and deal.

I would personally get rid if we can get £4m or so for both. We''d get their wages off the bill too and it might mean some more effective players staying.

I still think our best hopes of survival are the likes of Leroy Fer, Gary Hooper, Robert Snodgrass and Nathan Redmond. If we don''t sign a striker that is dominant in the air though, it''ll all be a waste. Sometimes when teams will sit deep and our passing game gets us nowhere, we need a target man in the box to tee up the likes of the aforementioned four.

Ship boith out asap

One sick note , grossly over rated because he has had a hanful of good games

the other loyal servant of the club but by sticking with us we have made him a millionaire (bit like Holt rearly)

Both will be 2 of the highest paid players in the champs but if they can find a prem club to take them on board for a fee  - thanks for what you have done for the cause boys and close the door on the way out

[quote user="morty"]People saying how good he was in the Championship, are you taking into account that was 3 seasons ago?Pilkington was amazing in the Premiership two seasons ago.[/quote]Yeah, true, but Pilks still has some resale value I think – if he can rediscover fitness and form, he can still be a Premiership player, and I think clubs might take a punt on that. Hoolahan, on the other hand, is at an all-time low; a new manager might reinvigorate him and give him the freedom to express himself. We wouldn''t get anything for him if we let him go, so if he was prepared to knuckle down and fight for his place he might have a second wind – much as he did when Lambert dropped him initially. I know that was a few years ago, but his footballing brain is still there I''m sure.

U missing main point

They both only have 12 mths on there contract and can leave for free next summer

If we want to keep them they sign an extension this summer or we cash in as simple as that

We cannot afford to pay them probably £700K (£13/14Kpw) each for the next 12 mths to see if they can get there old sparkle back

We want players who r going to make a contribution to the cause for the next 12 mths, not drifters

[quote user="YellowFC"]

U missing main point

They both only have 12 mths on there contract and can leave for free next summer

If we want to keep them they sign an extension this summer or we cash in as simple as that

We cannot afford to pay them probably £700K (£13/14Kpw) each for the next 12 mths to see if they can get there old sparkle back

We want players who r going to make a contribution to the cause for the next 12 mths, not drifters

[/quote]Agree about Pilks, cash in now. With Wes though, it''s not like we''ll get much money for him anyway. If someone comes in with a bid and he wants to go, then fine, but if the new manager can convince him his future lies here, I think he''d love the opportunity to get back on side with the fans and have a great swansong, hopefully helping us back to the Prem. It all depends where his head is at, I guess, but if he''s willing to stay and fight for his place I don''t see any harm in him being here. I''m confident he could still change games at Championship level.

[quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]People saying how good he was in the Championship, are you taking into account that was 3 seasons ago?Pilkington was amazing in the Premiership two seasons ago.[/quote]Yeah, true, but Pilks still has some resale value I think – if he can rediscover fitness and form, he can still be a Premiership player, and I think clubs might take a punt on that. Hoolahan, on the other hand, is at an all-time low; a new manager might reinvigorate him and give him the freedom to express himself. We wouldn''t get anything for him if we let him go, so if he was prepared to knuckle down and fight for his place he might have a second wind – much as he did when Lambert dropped him initially. I know that was a few years ago, but his footballing brain is still there I''m sure.[/quote]Thats the rub though, isn''t it?When he is firing on all cylinders he is one of our most potent attacking threats, but it seems like a long time since we have seen the best of him.On his injury record and recent form I doubt anyone would be willing to risk much money on him. Our best option is probably to keep him and hope he finds form again.

We won''t get anywhere near 4m for the pair of them. 1m maybe. Pilkington is obsurdly overrated. He never plays. Always injured. We''ll be lucky to get anything for him. Hoolahan is 1m at best.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Feedthewolf"][quote user="morty"]People saying how good he was in the Championship, are you taking into account that was 3 seasons ago?Pilkington was amazing in the Premiership two seasons ago.[/quote]Yeah, true, but Pilks still has some resale value I think – if he can rediscover fitness and form, he can still be a Premiership player, and I think clubs might take a punt on that. Hoolahan, on the other hand, is at an all-time low; a new manager might reinvigorate him and give him the freedom to express himself. We wouldn''t get anything for him if we let him go, so if he was prepared to knuckle down and fight for his place he might have a second wind – much as he did when Lambert dropped him initially. I know that was a few years ago, but his footballing brain is still there I''m sure.[/quote]Thats the rub though, isn''t it?When he is firing on all cylinders he is one of our most potent attacking threats, but it seems like a long time since we have seen the best of him.On his injury record and recent form I doubt anyone would be willing to risk much money on him. Our best option is probably to keep him and hope he finds form again.[/quote]If we keep hold of Benno, Redmond and Josh Murphy, I''d rather cut our losses on Pilks personally – would imagine he''ll be on a higher wage than any of those three. And if Snodgrass stays, then Pilks should definitely be the one we look to ship out IMO.

If there''s any chance Pilkington wants to stay at Norwich then I think that would be a big boost to us. At his best he''s shown he can make mugs of some of the best defenders in the Premier League. His first season here was the best we''ve seen from any wide player in the last 3 years.

As for Hoolahan... I''ve always been a big fan of him but I just wonder if it''s time for something new.

IF fit, pilkington is our best left midfielder by a country mile! Was equally as productive as snodgrass until the injury/injuries and it''s really hampered his progress. I''d love to try to keep hold of him.

Hoolahan however id say is down to what the new manager wants to play. Hoolahan is quite a luxury footballer and sticking I''m out wide/CM is a bit of a waste, but will they want to base a team around him at his age? I''d argue not

What was wrong with Pilks was an accumulation of injuries and lack of match fitness. How do people know he was disinterested? Because he started a game, looked unfit and played poor?

Let''s be honest. He''s not the only player that looked poor under ch.

If he''s good enough for villa in the prem he is most certainly good enough for us.

Wes is still arguably our most influential players. Again, used as a bloody winger more often than not. Something that McNally criticised CH for.

I''d love to keep as both have the potential to be match winners and would get in many other champ clubs.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]What was wrong with Pilks was an accumulation of injuries and lack of match fitness. How do people know he was disinterested? Because he started a game, looked unfit and played poor?

Let''s be honest. He''s not the only player that looked poor under ch.

If he''s good enough for villa in the prem he is most certainly good enough for us.

Wes is still arguably our most influential players. Again, used as a bloody winger more often than not. Something that McNally criticised CH for.

I''d love to keep as both have the potential to be match winners and would get in many other champ clubs.[/quote]Hoolahan made it clear that he wanted to leave, if he isn''t committed to Norwich City then we should get rid.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]What was wrong with Pilks was an accumulation of injuries and lack of match fitness. How do people know he was disinterested? Because he started a game, looked unfit and played poor?

Let''s be honest. He''s not the only player that looked poor under ch.[/quote]Fair point. It''s all guesswork, of course, but he just strikes me as the type who is a big fan of himself (probably flattered by an ego-boosting agent), and doesn''t want to fight his way back into a Championship team. Before anyone slates me for saying that, it''s just a personal opinion based on nothing more that my observation of his body language and I could be way off the mark.