Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Radio Norfolk

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]

If you are going to ask "difficult" questions you need to see the reaction, NOT rely on rehearsed phone in answers.

McNally is too much a politician to get caught that way.

By replacing CH when they did ,managed to take all the heat out of the last home games and the reaction they would have got leaving him in place does not bear thinking about.

MWJ''s answers about CH seems to back what was posted on here a few weeks ago that got the usual response!

They are in charge and make the calls, right or wrong, that''s how it has been for several years and by the sound of it several years to come.

Live with it and hope on the luck stakes that this was just a blip.

[/quote]So I''m guessing you didn''t ring in either.....[/quote]

DID you read what I posted, from your usual one line response, guess not.

[/quote]I skip read it, your posts are usually quite dull[:$]

[quote user="Ray"]lappinitup,

"Blockquote thingy" lost on me I''m afraid![/quote]I was referring to when people quote a post and it comes out all jumbled Ray. Yet they still do it time and time again in the hope it will come right one day.

One thing has changed in a week. Last Monday the additional appointment was going to be someone like a director of football who dealt with transfers. That part of the job was going to be taken away from the manager. Now it seems that is not the case.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in.

Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM

audiences.

The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]Phoning in doesn''t mean you''ll get on the air.Normally works if you ring in from an away ground after a match but something like this would have jammed the switchboard.[/quote]The point is everyone is always brave from behind the keyboard, or after the fact though.Same as me, you go to a lot of games, you must have bumped into McNally or Delia? And if you ever actually talk to them in person they come across as sincere and honest, and anyone who chest pokes them is invariably talked down.The arrogance that people know better annoys me.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone.[/quote]
Can you even remotely back this statement up with some credible evidence?
Or are you just fabricating stuff in your mind in order to generate a stick to beat people with?
[/quote]

There are thousands of managers out there on planet Earth.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]One thing has changed in a week. Last Monday the additional appointment was going to be someone like a director of football who dealt with transfers. That part of the job was going to be taken away from the manager. Now it seems that is not the case.[/quote]I wouldn''t be so sure.  I think the general population see DoF''s as a hindrance rather than something positive as the press has some sort of agenda against ''foreign'' styles, so Delia and co had to appease the guy that phoned in by saying that the DoF or ''Technical Director'' wouldn''t have any dealings with transfers.  I would imagine no one would want to be the ''Techinal Director'' when all they are is a glorified administrator.  If this role is key to putting the management structure on an even keel, without disruptions if the First Team Manager is sacked, then this person will have to have a role in transfer dealings/scouting or it becomes a nonsense post.

Overall I thought fair play to the three of them for sticking their heads above the parapet. As David McNally said most clubs aren''t so involved with the supporters.I was disappointed that they didn''t acknowledge that they did nothing when it was obvious to many that Hughton was past his sell-by date well before January.It was a bit dis-ingenious of the Chief Exec to say that despite relegation season tickets had all but sold out but failed to mention that almost all had been renewed before relegation was confirmed.

Morty, back to the previous point on NA''s experience.

Yes it is true and NA must know that himself. I just do not think it is appropriate to make such a comment publicly in the middle of the interview process.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]

So why didn''t you phone in then?

Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]

Phoning in doesn''t mean you''ll get on the air.

Normally works if you ring in from an away ground after a match but something like this would have jammed the switchboard.
[/quote]

The point is everyone is always brave from behind the keyboard, or after the fact though.

Same as me, you go to a lot of games, you must have bumped into McNally or Delia? And if you ever actually talk to them in person they come across as sincere and honest, and anyone who chest pokes them is invariably talked down.

The arrogance that people know better annoys me.
[/quote]

Three times now I''ve spoke to Delia''s face, twice at forums and once at the ground and its my opinion that she''s one arrogant cow!

I felt the phone in was dealt with brilliantly by all concerned. I''m a little worried about this Technical Director. It''s so important that it''s the right man to work with our new manager.

I''ve always loved Delia. Ok, she has the ability to come out with the odd silly comment, but ultimately she''s a fan and has been great for this club. Same with Michael who I''ve rarely heard speak, but he seemed on good form - quite a funny chap but serious about the club.

David McNally - I wrote a post on here a couple of weeks back questioning his position. What a fool I was. It was in the heat of the moment and now time has passed, it''s clear to see just what he''s done for this football club. It''s just a blip, hopefully, and with the right appointment, we can progress again. It won''t be easy but I think we can do it.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]Overall I thought fair play to the three of them for sticking their heads above the parapet. As David McNally said most clubs aren''t so involved with the supporters.I was disappointed that they didn''t acknowledge that they did nothing when it was obvious to many that Hughton was past his sell-by date well before January.It was a bit dis-ingenious of the Chief Exec to say that despite relegation season tickets had all but sold out but failed to mention that almost all had been renewed before relegation was confirmed. [/quote]I think some people are just hearing what they want to hear on that though.They have explained their reasons for making the decisions they did, at the time, and I guess people either accept them or they don''t.You know, as well as I do, that this isn''t an exact science. I think they knew full well that Chris Hughton was coming to the end of his time, but thought it was a better gamble for him to do just enough to keep us up, and deal with it in the summer.They could just as easily sacked him and still gone down.

Long and short of their interviews is, our player budget is next to nothing and our number one manager targets don''t want to join us

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]Phoning in doesn''t mean you''ll get on the air.Normally works if you ring in from an away ground after a match but something like this would have jammed the switchboard.[/quote]The point is everyone is always brave from behind the keyboard, or after the fact though.Same as me, you go to a lot of games, you must have bumped into McNally or Delia? And if you ever actually talk to them in person they come across as sincere and honest, and anyone who chest pokes them is invariably talked down.The arrogance that people know better annoys me.[/quote]

Three times now I''ve spoke to Delia''s face, twice at forums and once at the ground and its my opinion that she''s one arrogant cow!

[/quote]You''re probably lying about that though, same as you do about pretty much everything else.Yeah, like you go to the ground lol.

[quote user="Wiz"] 

[/quote]

It depends on what you said to her.   People sometimes react badly when spoken to in a certain way..........

OK I am poring now - but I recall Delia saying,when praising NA for taking it on, that he did so without any strikers. Not sure what to make of that.

Could be she omitted to say - without any semblance of form.

But just I am now wondering if there is a feeling that they have been let down by some of the players. Which would sort of back up some of the posts that I have read on here to that effect.

Haha I''d have loved to have been there when delia told you to fu£I off wiz haha

Is the restraining order she has on you the reason you don''t go to games or is it just because you are a s4it fan?

[quote user="SYG"]Long and short of their interviews is, our player budget is next to nothing and our number one manager targets don''t want to join us[/quote]

Go and sit in the stupid corner, the old chap already there is called Wiz.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Morty, back to the previous point on NA''s experience.

Yes it is true and NA must know that himself. I just do not think it is appropriate to make such a comment publicly in the middle of the interview process.[/quote]I take your point, but the comment was probably directed at people like Wiz panicking that we are going to take the "little old Norwich" option.

[quote user="Wiz"]
Three times now I''ve spoke to Delia''s face, twice at forums and once at the ground and its my opinion that she''s one arrogant cow![/quote]
Perhaps you''d get a more positive response if you didn''t open your conversations with "I don''t like you, get out of our club"

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]OK I am poring now - but I recall Delia saying,when praising NA for taking it on, that he did so without any strikers. Not sure what to make of that.

But just I am now wondering if there is a feeling that they have been let down by some of the players. Which would sort of back up some of the posts that I have read on here to that effect.[/quote]Of course they do, as we all should.Anyone who was laying all the blame on Chris Hughton is clearly an idiot.

[quote user="Buh"]Haha I''d have loved to have been there when delia told you to fu£I off wiz haha Is the restraining order she has on you the reason you can''t go to games or is it just because you are a loyal fan?[/quote]

Ha Ha.[:D]

I go back to my point last week, if it was Neil Adams, he would have the job by now. The board are not thick. They would know that time going on and on would only raise our hopes. If it was Neil, he''d have been in the job about 5/6 days already.

I don''t see it being Malky. I''m just not convinced he wants to come or that the board particularly want him. I think the appointment will be a surprise. A complete surprise.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]OK I am poring now - but I recall Delia saying,when praising NA for taking it on, that he did so without any strikers. Not sure what to make of that.

But just I am now wondering if there is a feeling that they have been let down by some of the players. Which would sort of back up some of the posts that I have read on here to that effect.[/quote]

Its all down to the negativity surrounding the club - which has been there since Lambert left.  If the background noise is negative it affects everybody - and it is hard to shake off.    

I think the point about lack of strikers clearly means no-one you could turn to when you need a player up front who can help you get goal(s) in a crucial game like Chelsea.  Hence when Elmander came off, Redmond was put on up front.  Which was surprisingly effective. 

Certainly more effective than it would have been to put on any from RVW, Hooper or Becchio.

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Perhaps you''d get a more positive response if you didn''t open your conversations with "I don''t like you, get out of our club"

[/quote]

Not the words I used, but pretty close. [:P]

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"]

Three times now I''ve spoke to Delia''s face, twice at forums and once at the ground and its my opinion that she''s one arrogant cow![/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I very much doubt that. People like you use places like this to try and be the person they wish they were, in real life.You will have mumbled some inane ramblings at her, and she would have likely laughed in your face.

I agree that this could be a surprise. The technical director role is perfect for two people for me. Sam Allerdyce or Glenn Hoddle. Both have what it takes on that side of things. As for manager I reckon Sherwood would work well under either as would Zola. Ambitious I know but would certainly put us on the map.

Heard interview and McNally said "most" were on board with helping us get back up. Guess they have identified the ones already not on board and interesting to hear him say they would be replaced by better players

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I wouldn''t have blamed her if she was arrogant to you, I would have told you to get f*cked.
I think you want the negative reaction anyway, you love to be hated.

Delia said it was complex ''re search for new manager. Don''t think Malky, Adams or Zola would be complex. Leads me to think Sherwood ( awaiting compo from Spurs) or Lennon ( sorting deal with celtic) will be the one

[quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Ginja"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I wouldn''t have blamed her if she was arrogant to you, I would have told you to get f*cked.
I think you want the negative reaction anyway, you love to be hated.
[/quote]Negative attention is better than no attention at all.If you can''t have a well thought opinion with substance, then just being contrary is sure to get you the attention you so desperately crave.