Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Radio Norfolk

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Not in January Wiz. Get it right FFS[/quote]

He was still available when CH was cocking it up Sussex.

[/quote]It was mid-October 2013, not January 2014.And would we have wanted Pulis here?

2013/10/24 12:04 PM:

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Back on track, I do fear Pulis could save Palace and no, I don''t want him here .[^o)]

[/quote]You really are a mendacious old tosspot and an embarrassment to our club.

I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in.

Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM

audiences.

The whole thing made me cringe

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Just can''t get my head around this argument that they were so unhappy with CH in January that they only kept him because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE OUT THERE ... There is a whole world of football managers out there. Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone. I have never heard of a club sticking with a manager they no longer want because they believe there is no one else out there. CRAZY[/quote]

It was a balancing act.   Weighing up the risks of getting rid against an unknown quantity coming in.   It didn''t work for Fulham or Cardiff - it might not have worked for us.  Staying with Hughton was a reasonable strategy on balance. That it didn''t work is obvious, but staying with Poyet worked for Sunderland.......its a lottery - and we were only one result from staying up.

[/quote]

Actually, two.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in.

Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM

audiences.

The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]You really are a mendacious old tosspot and an embarrassment to our club.[/quote]
Seconded.

[quote user="Its Character Forming"]Beating WBA instead of losing to them would have kept us up.[/quote]

More entertaining would have been if we held that lead at Villa!

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Actually, two.

[/quote]
Actually, one.
If we''d beaten WBA we''d have three points more and they''d have three points less.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

It was mid-October 2013, not January 2014.

And would we have wanted Pulis here?

Back on track, I do fear Pulis could save Palace and no, I don''t want him here .[^o)]

[/quote]

You really are a mendacious old tosspot and an embarrassment to our club.

[/quote]

Oh let me feel your anger..........anger leads to.......................

There''s that Hull game too, if we''d pulled our fingers out and beaten them 2-1 instead of losing 1-0 when a man up and still choosing to play 1 up front the entire game. There were a few weak teams last season in the premiership that stayed up.

[quote user="Wiz"][quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]It was mid-October 2013, not January 2014.And would we have wanted Pulis here?

[/quote]You really are a mendacious old tosspot and an embarrassment to our club.[/quote]

Oh let me feel your anger..........anger leads to.......................

[/quote]As usual, no answers whatsoever for embarrassing idiocy....

[quote user="El Convento"]Having listened to this, it seems to me that there is no doubting the committment and sincerity of the board. On the downside, I was somewhat horrified to hear that they were up for getting rid of Hughton in January, but couldn''t manage to find anyone. I''d always imagined that they stuck with him though misplaced confidence rather than ineffectuality. I don''t imagine that it would have been too hard to find a shortlist of good candidates to take on a mid-table PL club with money to spend. There were plenty of clubs who DID manage to do it successfully, and saved themselves. And if it WAS so hard then, lord help us now...[/quote]The two clubs this season that are the strongest argument for changing managers are Palace and Sunderland, and they both changed early in the autumn, giving the new man plenty of time in which to work, including being able to prepare for the January transfer window. And in both cases there was a talented manager available. A big difference from our position in January, which was similar to that of those clubs that changed much later than Sunderland and Palace, such as Cardiff and Fulham (twice), who went down.

Going on there theory of no managers out there we can rule out Zola / Clarke /Warnock/ Di matteo/ Phelan / curbishley for the current job then as these were available and still are .

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]There''s that Hull game too, if we''d pulled our fingers out and beaten them 2-1 instead of losing 1-0 when a man up and still choosing to play 1 up front the entire game. There were a few weak teams last season in the premiership that stayed up.[/quote]It isn''t the 1960''s.Playing a lone striker isn''t always negative.There is life after 4-4-2 and jumpers for goalposts.

Of course there was a manger available in January, it was the one they put in charge with 5 games to go, if he was good enough then he was good enough in January. I guess they(we) were a bit more desperate with 5 games to go?

What they could have done in January is insist CH was given some help on the attacking front, even if that was promoting NA to the first team management team or getting someone like Hoddle in until the end of the season, whether CH liked it ior not.

Instead, whilst there may have been all sorts of discussions going on in the background the bottom line is nothing was changed.

As Mr Einstein said, "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" is insanity.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in.

audiences.

The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]You sound more like Wiz than Wiz does.But then again, you''re both from Suffolk. [;)]

El Convento wrote the following post at 19/05/2014 10:12 AM:

"Joanna, doesn''t

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_norfolk

work for you?"

Under normal circumstances but might have been a bit of a problem at the time ;-)

[quote user="Ray"]As Mr Einstein said, "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" is insanity.[/quote]You mean like that blockquote thingy. [:)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="El Convento"]Having listened to this, it seems to me that there is no doubting the committment and sincerity of the board. On the downside, I was somewhat horrified to hear that they were up for getting rid of Hughton in January, but couldn''t manage to find anyone. I''d always imagined that they stuck with him though misplaced confidence rather than ineffectuality. I don''t imagine that it would have been too hard to find a shortlist of good candidates to take on a mid-table PL club with money to spend. There were plenty of clubs who DID manage to do it successfully, and saved themselves. And if it WAS so hard then, lord help us now...[/quote]The two clubs this season that are the strongest argument for changing managers are Palace and Sunderland, and they both changed early in the autumn, giving the new man plenty of time in which to work, including being able to prepare for the January transfer window. And in both cases there was a talented manager available. A big difference from our position in January, which was similar to that of those clubs that changed much later than Sunderland and Palace, such as Cardiff and Fulham (twice), who went down.[/quote]

Good points Purple.   The time for change was the beginning of November after those two Manchester results (something I said at the time, believe it or not).    That wretched thread "beating West Ham could relegate us" was bang on the money.   Hughton and the team saved his job that day - and the rest is history.

Back to the interview I am not sure that DM should have said NA lacked experience.

OK to have said he was on the shortlist and was a credible candidate. But should have left it at that. Not appropriate to comment on the strengths or weaknesses of any candidate.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Can''t get RN where I am so trying to get as much from here, twitter and WOTB. Getting pissed off though with that bitter old twat turning it into the Wiz show.[/quote]Too late for today but all Radio Norfolk''s output, except match coverage, is live online.If you want to hear the recording later it''s available on '' listen again '' for seven days following broadcast.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]

So why didn''t you phone in then?

Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]

If you are going to ask "difficult" questions you need to see the reaction, NOT rely on rehearsed phone in answers.

McNally is too much a politician to get caught that way.

By replacing CH when they did ,managed to take all the heat out of the last home games and the reaction they would have got leaving him in place does not bear thinking about.

MWJ''s answers about CH seems to back what was posted on here a few weeks ago that got the usual response!

They are in charge and make the calls, right or wrong, that''s how it has been for several years and by the sound of it several years to come.

Live with it and hope on the luck stakes that this was just a blip.

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]Back to the interview I am not sure that DM should have said NA lacked experience.

OK to have said he was on the shortlist and was a credible candidate. But should have left it at that. Not appropriate to comment on the strengths or weaknesses of any candidate.[/quote]But its the truth.And the few times I have spoken to McNally, he has come across as a very honest and transparent guy.

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]

If you are going to ask "difficult" questions you need to see the reaction, NOT rely on rehearsed phone in answers.

By replacing CH when they did ,managed to take all the heat out of the last home games and the reaction they would have got leaving him in place does not bear thinking about.

MWJ''s answers about CH seems to back what was posted on here a few weeks ago that got the usual response!

They are in charge and make the calls, right or wrong, that''s how it has been for several years and by the sound of it several years to come.

[/quote]So I''m guessing you didn''t ring in either.....

Thought it was a good phone in, brave of the three club reps to front up and take difficult questions, and interesting to hear their responses.Sorry if this isn''t extreme enough.

"Yeah, if I could have just been bothered to pick up the phone I would have told them how it is"The truth is they are honest people, and they would have made mincemeat of the keyboard whiners on here.

lappinitup,

"Blockquote thingy" lost on me I''m afraid!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in. Timing is not good and as I feared those who phoned in sounded like the sycophants from AGM audiences. The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]

So why didn''t you phone in then?

Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So I''m guessing you didn''t ring in either.....
[/quote]

DID you read what I posted, from your usual one line response, guess not.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bury Yellow"]I just can''t see why they agreed to this phone-in.

audiences.

The whole thing made me cringe[/quote]So why didn''t you phone in then?Makes me laugh that people are so full of pi$$ and vinegar, but when it comes to actually tackling things head on, they melt into the background.

[/quote]Phoning in doesn''t mean you''ll get on the air.Normally works if you ring in from an away ground after a match but something like this would have jammed the switchboard.