Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Radio Norfolk

DM - every player has a relegation clause and wages will go down. No sweetheart deals - clause that says a player can leave for £x if relegated. So club in control.

[quote user="splutcho"]Anyway, I thought you were deaf?[/quote]Lol[:)]

[quote user="splutcho"]Anyway, I thought you were deaf?[/quote]

New deaf aid .........cheers Boots.[Y]

[quote user="Highland Canary"]Warnock, in my opinion, would have kept us up had we changed January.[/quote]

I doubt it, he plays the same dour rubbish that Hughton does. We needed a change in style as much as a change in manager. I doubt replacing Hughton with angry Hughton would have made much difference

The reality is the club is not in control. All the power rests with the players nowadays -- clubs can not afford to carry players who do not put effort in on the pitch or in training - that is the sanction players have.

Can''t get RN where I am so trying to get as much from here, twitter and WOTB. Getting pissed off though with that bitter old twat turning it into the Wiz show.

DM - his guess is that we will trade. Players that are not committed will go.

Wants to retain those that are up for the fight and bring in similar

I wonder at how many Clubs, such a short time after relegation, the Top 3 at their Club would be doing a live session like this - very few I suggest and that is what we have at Norwich City. Whatever our keyboard warriors, and occasionally Wizards think, these are committed people who will do everything they possibly can to make our Club successful. Good on them!!

Just can''t get my head around this argument that they were so unhappy with CH in January that they only kept him because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE OUT THERE ...

There is a whole world of football managers out there. Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone.

I have never heard of a club sticking with a manager they no longer want because they believe there is no one else out there.

CRAZY

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Can''t get RN where I am so trying to get as much from here, twitter and WOTB. Getting pissed off though with that bitter old twat turning it into the Wiz show.[/quote]

Soh blame the usual gang for their insults Gray, I''ll not meekly take it.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Just can''t get my head around this argument that they were so unhappy with CH in January that they only kept him because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE OUT THERE ... There is a whole world of football managers out there. Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone. I have never heard of a club sticking with a manager they no longer want because they believe there is no one else out there. CRAZY[/quote]

Huzzah! [Y]

All three big thanks to the supporters.

DM - will sell out season tickets again.

Delia can we have more noise at home games

Thats all folks.

[quote user="Wiz"]

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Can''t get RN where I am so trying to get as much from here, twitter and WOTB. Getting pissed off though with that bitter old twat turning it into the Wiz show.[/quote]

[/quote]Did you hear the bit where Delia whispered "Wiz is a bell-end"?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Just can''t get my head around this argument that they were so unhappy with CH in January that they only kept him because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE OUT THERE ...

There is a whole world of football managers out there. Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone.

I have never heard of a club sticking with a manager they no longer want because they believe there is no one else out there.

CRAZY[/quote]

It was a balancing act.   Weighing up the risks of getting rid against an unknown quantity coming in.   It didn''t work for Fulham or Cardiff - it might not have worked for us.  Staying with Hughton was a reasonable strategy on balance. That it didn''t work is obvious, but staying with Poyet worked for Sunderland.......its a lottery - and we were only one result from staying up.

Having listened to this, it seems to me that there is no doubting the committment and sincerity of the board. On the downside, I was somewhat horrified to hear that they were up for getting rid of Hughton in January, but couldn''t manage to find anyone. I''d always imagined that they stuck with him though misplaced confidence rather than ineffectuality. I don''t imagine that it would have been too hard to find a shortlist of good candidates to take on a mid-table PL club with money to spend. There were plenty of clubs who DID manage to do it successfully, and saved themselves. And if it WAS so hard then, lord help us now...

[quote user="Jack Flash"]Whatever our keyboard warriors, and occasionally Wizards think, these are committed people[/quote]It''s the occasional Wizards that should be committed........

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wiz"]

[/quote]

Did you hear the bit where Delia whispered "Wiz is a bell-end"?
[/quote]

Wrong, it was big boy...............

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Even successful managers in jobs would consider coming to Norwich with half a Premier season to play - especially when we weren''t even in the drop zone.[/quote]
Can you even remotely back this statement up with some credible evidence?
Or are you just fabricating stuff in your mind in order to generate a stick to beat people with?

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]Just can''t get my head around this argument that they were so unhappy with CH in January that they only kept him because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE OUT THERE ...

CRAZY[/quote]I can''t disagree with that. Someone is always "Out There", if the price is right, and especially if they didn''t want Hughton in-charge anymore.[:$] Really weak thing to say.