Sign in to follow this  
pablofarmer

Radio Norfolk

@BobRutler: From 9am on @BBCNorfolk Delia Smith, Michael Wynn-Jones and David McNally will be taking YOUR calls LIVE. It''s a #canarycall special. #ncfc

Surely an announcement at 9 or before 9? If not I sense the entire radio interview will be McNally saying he can''t comment and they''re working hard. Will be a bit of a waste of time...

Lincs CR wrote the following post at 19/05/2014 7:39 AM:

Surely an announcement at 9 or before 9? If not I sense the entire radio interview will be McNally saying he can''t comment and they''re working hard. Will be a bit of a waste of time...

If there is nothing to report then perhaps they will be spending an hour discussing the high points of last season!

They can probably chat about financial security, the greatyoung players coming through etc. but it will be a damp squib unless they can announce what we all are waiting to hear, this must be it!

Will anyone even bother to ask MWJ a question though?

Should this Canary Call Special not coincide with an announcement of the new manager it could be car-crash radio...

Personally I think they''re doing this show purely as a holding exercise while the board ask for more time. We''ll soon find out!

Agree Mustard. A new manager announcement would surely be a press conference.

But I am surprised if this is a .... look it is taking a bit longer than expected, but we need to get it right so please be patient ..... exercise. Would have thought a website statement with carefully chosen words would have served better.

Having the three of them giving thinking on their feet answers where us supporters can pour over every nuance just does not feel like the way to go.

Backed themselves into a corner a bit, but if your right this could have been done through a statement, credit to them for coming on live radio to talk about it

The lack of the official ''white smoke'' from the Board Room suggests we may not have achieved a successful Conclave?

Perhaps they''ve found a buyer.........I''m getting all unnecessary !

Agree, seems likely they''re going to make an announcement that there is currently no announcment to make-but then why not just issue a statement?  They are setting themselves up for a fall and no little criticism here-and fair enough-but they don''t HAVE to do it! Seems very peculiar all round.

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]Can someone summarise for me? Can''t get radio in the office.[/quote]You haven''t missed anything aside from Delia saying that they looked at sacking CH in  Jan but there wasn''t anyone out there.

MWJ - would have got rid of Hughton at end of season. Did not like style of football.

MvNally - End of season would be the right time ideally for change

Can''t help but think they are making a right mess of this new manager appointment! I thought McNally had a plan B all last season but apparently there was nobody suitable?

So reading between the lines, we didn''t have a plan B and that is the only reason we kept Hughton even though it was apparent for months that he was fighting a losing battle.

I wonder if there are indeed any managers that are any good that want the job? Perhaps there''s a list of your Warnocks, Dowies etc. that have applied and nobody decent wants the job?

DM - did debate No 9 and no 10 positions.

Had a deal to bring in a no 10 from a top 4 club. Fell apart finally at 6pm on deadine day

[quote user="Sussexyellow"]DM - did debate No 9 and no 10 positions.

Had a deal to bring in a no 10 from a top 4 club. Fell apart finally at 6pm on deadine day[/quote]Interesting. I wonder who that was? Jovetic?

“But I would challenge anybody to sit round that table and do what we do and get it right.”

This comment has really annoyed me, I am 110% confident that 90% of the fans could see what was coming and would have done this! We got this massively wrong, plenty of clubs did make the change and found that person. We did nothing as usual and suffered. If they are not capable of finding a manager in the world capable of leading us to safety. Then are they really fit to run the club!