Sign in to follow this  
Newton

The Board, Lack of Foreign Investment & why we must all be greatfull McNally remains

There are a number of threads on here about possible foreign investment, you are all confused. Delia said on Radio Norfolk yesterday that under no circumstances would she allow foreign ownership to take over Norwich.City. She made some flipant comments about arabs, sand & camels walking up Carrow Road & Michael laughed

Wake up, her family will be sitting in the front row of the Directors box for the next 2 decades at least, decisions made at board level will continue to be along the lines of who is a nice person & who is not. To go on to live radio & claim that the previous manager was not replaced in January becasue no one could think of anyone else they might like to have in charge is almost beyond belief.  At the time we were  5 points clear of the relegation zone and operating in the richest league in the world, the board would have been trampled in the stampede if the post had become available.

Delia that rediculous decision alone cost our club £50Mill next year. £60Mill the year after if we stay in the champs & so on

I have no doubt she loves Norwich City as much as we all do but most of the footballing decisions she makes are at best questionable, where would the board be (& all of us) without McNally ?

Why do you think McNally is still here, 2 reasons :-

Massive salary & bonuses (worrything thing is they will stop or be cut if we are no longer in the Prem)

He must like Delia & Michael & see working with them as a challange, cannot think of any other reason

While Delia remains the majority shareholder, we will always be ''Little old Norwich''. the one good thing is that Lambert & McNally have paid our debts off, for that we should all be very greatfull

We have lost one as they fell out - we need to make sure we keep hold of the other, without McNally, Delia & Michael would have an even bigger say in what is going on and we would drift back to the bad old days very quickly of Grant, Roder, Gunn and all the dead beats they were allowed to sign ( parading as players at the time) by the board .

Were we not left with only 11 permanent players the year we went down to league 1 as the board had allowed Roder to sell everyone off to fund loan players & did Lambert not clear our 10 players that Gunn signed over the summer in his fist 6 months in charge

THANK GOODNESS WE STILL HAVE MCNALLY, PATIENTS OF A SAINT, THE MAIN REASON WHY OUR CLUB IS NOW A VIBRANT SOLVANT BUSINESS.

We are not where we would like to be but providing we still have him at the helm there is hope for the future, even with Delia & co on the board

my point is (and I think you might know...)

who in Delias family has the money to keep the club going.. MWJ and her invested from their own pocket... who is this "Family" and is it all health, wealth and happiness?

u wrong

she has a small loan of around £2/3M that she insists that she does not want back (it could have and still could be repaid in full)

the rest of the money u are talking about are in shares - she owns the fabric of the club & all assets, if she wants her money back she sells the shares

but as we all know she will not because she enjoys controlling the club

[quote user="YellowFC"]

u wrong

she has a small loan of around £2/3M that she insists that she does not want back (it could have and still could be repaid in full)

the rest of the money u are talking about are in shares - she owns the fabric of the club & all assets, if she wants her money back she sells the shares

but as we all know she will not because she enjoys controlling the club

[/quote]

shares are only worth what the club is... the constitution states that ALL Board members step down from the duties without re election at 75 years old.. Delia will not own the club after this time...

who are this family?

U are still wrong

shareholders do not have to be board members - board members are voted on to the board by the share holders

even if she is no longer on the board she still controls the club (look at the chap who owns wigan - how old is he, not on the board but still controls & speaks for the club)

when she reaches 75 she will still own the club through her shareholding

Yes the value of shares can go up & down - she could have sold shares when we were in prem - down to her - she could have got £50M plus for an initial investment outlay of £10/12M but chose not to

The purchase of shares in any business should be classed as an investment it is not a gift - Delia has not given the club the money - if she passes away her shares will form part of her estate and could fall into the wrong hands

I would imagine the value of each share has fallen by 50% following relgation - I think she may have been one of the key players in delaying a decision on the incumbent manager last jan

our club her investment, bad call delia

we all suffered

i''m not wrong...

and who are this family who are going to sit in the front row for the next 20 years controlling the club?

I give in u right

shares are worth nothing when the owner of shares reaches the age of 75 year

whi will then own the club ?

the family are in situ now - i sit in the jarrold & see them every week

I give in u right

shares are worth nothing when the owner of shares reaches the age of 75 year

who will then own the club ?

the family are in situ now - i sit in the jarrold & see them every week

A bit of a rambling and somewhat confusing

post but I think I understand your overall points. Delia and co don’t know what

they are doing and without McNally we would be screwed? Pretty sure that a lot

of ‘owners’ of football or sports clubs would be pretty screwed if they didn’t have

someone capable running the business for them.

I have posted before on the issue of sacking

Hughton earlier in the season and my opinion remains the same so far as to say

that I agree with Delia and McNally on the issue. To sack Hughton earlier was a

gamble, as it was to stick with him. Sacking results in no guarantees of improvements,

look at Cardiff and West Brom to see this is the case. Of course hindsight is

wonderful as we all now know that Pulis would have taken us sailing into the

top half had he been appointed, yet had the Board made such a bold move before

Palace did then I am fairly certain that the decision would have been met with

mass disapproval from all.

It is very easy for us to sit back and watch

foreign owners buying up clubs around the country and see the countless £ signs

being banded around and feely a little jealous. However, ask yourself what this

actually means?

Cardiff are an extreme case where the

identity of the club has been unceremoniously shat on. Want to play in the

Premier League Norwich fans? Okay, you now play in Blue and are called the

Bluejays. Why? Because I have loads of money that’s why. Portsmouth are doing

well aren’t they? Won a trophy, had some great players, now nearly a vanished club

– very happy fans I understand. Pretty sure they would appreciate a Delia of their

own. Be careful what you wish for.

No thanks. Even more moderate owners seem to

be able to cause problems with dodgy signings and manager dismissals and

appointments.

If you believe we are destined to be ‘little

Norwich’ forever unless big daddy dollar signs buys us up and this disappoints you

then why not support someone else? Try supporting the club for what they are

and what they represent rather than wetting yourself over what they are not.

Understand what u r saying & yes I do not want to see us become another Cardiff, Portsmouth or even Man City, change our name - relocate or anything like that

But from memory we must have been one of the few clubs in the Prem that did not have external funding at some level. That is why we will always find it hard to survive - it is not a level playing field, just trying to trade on income, when no one else does

From memory only Swansea, WBA & Palace survive on income the rest are all supported with external investment - this is also spreading to the champs

Footbball at our level is either seen as a long term investment or a rich mans hobby - we are neither

The owners have taken the first step by recuiting a football businessman  McNally (solicitor / accountant before) but we need to move with the times

I just hope we are not left behind because of the current owners inflexibility and unwillingness to adapt there approach to investment

Finally, why would i want to support another club - this is a board for opinions - if everyone left who did not agree with your view it would be quite sad

I think Delia & MWJ have done well to tolerate McNally, who I have never met, thankfully. One of the most foolish comments on this board over the last few years has been the over liberal use of the phase ''little old Norwich''. Fans will always debate the ''size'' of a club based mainly on history and fan base. It seems obvious to me that we are one of a group of medium sized clubs that alternate between the top 2 divisions. We are a smallish provincial city with a considerable rural catchment area. We are not a big club (26K capacity) and never will be. With very few exceptions all the honours go to clubs from London, Manchester and Merseyside - the big conurbations (Birmingham being the exception). This is not going to change. The best a club like ours can hope for is a cup run, and to do a Stoke and gain a mid table prem position. Whether this is ''success'' is another matter. It all depends on how you measure success as many fans are now looking forward to the 2nd Tier and seeing some youngsters come through.

err, u rdelia is the pantomime villian umcnally is the hero u hoooray !uwho brought mcnally to the club uur they still here ?err, that''s it. i think u

Yes Delia brought McNally to the club - she had made so many horrendous appointments, Roder, Grant Gunn etc who all wasted our money that with a scatter gun approach she had to get something right in the end

Or would u refer to go down to League 1 again on the verge of liquidation with only 12 full time professionals which is where she lead us to in those dark days

Get real & open your eyes