Sign in to follow this  
Sussex Canary

Waiting for West Brom

Given that Norwich and West Brom (and possibly Brighton) are probably fighting over the same pool of names for manager, and given that since relegation West Brom are a better prospect, is it fair to say we will have to wait for West Brom to make a decision before we know for sure who is available?

If Malky is stringing things out whilst he waits for West Brom then in my book we should move on swiftly to offer candidates. He''s not that outstanding a candidate and perhaps the only thing that marks him out for others is his association with the club and the passion and loyalty that you might expect that to bring. If, however, he would prefer to move for a relegation scrap with West Brom then any passion for our club does not run as deep as I hoped and I sincerely hope Mcnally and Co move on to people who would jump at the chance of managing our club.

Why we are not pursuing Lennon baffles me to be honest.

I take your point but I don''t think there is a lot to chose between us and WBA. They are highly likely to be relegation fodder next year and we are likely to be pushing for promotion (cue the abuse but in a year we could be swapping places). We want to get someone who is committed to our club and who wants to realise the potential. We have to be more attractive to potential candidates than Brighton.

We should move on Malkys the worst possible name on our shortlist anyway and the majority do not want him , as the caller said on Norfolk yesterday listen to the fans they want Lennon not Malky .

Its more than likely that we are picking from the same pool and that one or some of our candidates feel they are in contention for the WBA job.

We aren''t as an attractive a proposition as West Brom.

Think of it from a pure job hunting perspective, it''s the chance to manage in the highest profile league, it will be better paid and when you get sacked your CV will be relatively untarnished and you''ll probably be able to get a Championship job, as opposed to failing in the Championship with one of the richest clubs.

We may see ourselves as the more attractive proposition but with the average lifespan of managers at a club, the guys applying want to get paid the best and have the biggest payout when they inevitably get sacked, and so would you.

But it''s different when one if the candidates has supposed string links to the club. That''s really Malkys trump card in all this but if he''s holding our for West Brom then in my book he''s wasted it.

TalkSPORT just had a bookie on who has CH as favourite for West Brom.Really??I''m guessing he isn''t in our pool of prospective managers

Splendid Rush wrote the following post at 20/05/2014 7:58 PM:

TalkSPORT just had a bookie on who has CH as favourite for West Brom.

Really??

I''m guessing he isn''t in our pool of prospective managers

I will be placing money on them to go down if that happens.

Remember that gutted worried feeling you had when we kept Gunn on over the summer? Those poor WBA fans xD

We''re possibly the most patient, placid set of fans in English football. I can''t imagine West Brom fans putting up with 30% possession each game, one shot on target if lucky, completely nonsensical ill suited signings and the most dour, depressing, rigid,predictable, ineffective football the English top flight has ever seen. I couldn''t care less about West Brom but I would honestly feel sorry for them!

I think there are many factors why its taking its time. Personally I do think Malky will be our new manager but its not just him we are waiting for. The club want a technical director which would be Ian Moody but he is contracted to Crystal Palace so that can take time, thats if he wants to come. The board want Neil Adams to be a part of the new set up but we all know management always stick together so that could be a sticking for Malky going to a new job with a new set up.

West Brom aren''t really a very attractive job. They give you no money, expect you to work with there coaches, and its an absolute sh1thole

I''d say we''re equally, if not more attractive than them.

Only Norwich City would FAFF about finding a new manager why the f***k is it taking so long this board will kill our club get the best man we can we have the money just get on with it ffs and please don''t appoint an ex-player it will turn sour in the end

It took Man Utd weeks before finally unveiling Van Gaal even though he was the only name linked things take time.

And with Pardew, Allardyce and probably Lambert staying put, WBA are suddenly in a better negotiating position. McNally should put an ultimatum on Malky (assuming that''s his choice). If he''s unsure about the role at NCFC then he''s not the right man.

Maybe its just me but if we offered Malky the job and he needs time to think about it, then he can sod off

Yes he has done reasonably well in the championship and got promotion, but so has Roy keane and Ian Holloway. We need someone desperate to manage us, driven and commited and determined to get us promoted. We are not second choice if a prem team doesnt want him

But more than anything else we need a manager that will immediately inspire the players, inspire the fans and get us believing again.

I despair at the number of deluded supporters who are keen to see Mackay appointed for the sole reason that his ex-player status makes him preferable to non-ex-players. The man has a string of ex-clubs and his allegiance to any of them will have ceased the day he left them. It should not be a consideration and the persistent use of Malky as a word of attempted endearment, should fool nobody.

Our best manager for many years (Lambert) had no playing connection with Norwich, indeed probably didn''t know where Norwich was in his playing days. So let''s hope the board are delayed by considerations other than waiting for their beloved ex-player to rule out other more attractive possibilities.

Glad to know we are everyone plan B or C

The board need to find the right man not someone who comes to us because they run out of options