Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Snodgrass

Heard he is very keen to stay as his family is settle in the area and has just booked swimming lessons for his children for next year. I would be delighted if this is the case

If we start the new season with Snodgrass, Redmond, Hooper, Howson, Olsson and Ruddy all still here, I expect we''ll go pretty close next season.Vital we keep hold of these players.

Agreed. Keep those players (who are pretty proven in the Champs anyway), and pair them with an attack-minded manager and you have to fancy us to score a lot of goals.

Re-signing Turner would also be important for me, but being out-of-contract I can see one of the newly-promoted/mid-table clubs coming in for him.

I think it makes sense for him to stay. Despite an inevitable drop in wages following relegation he''ll still be on good money, likely to be playing a crucial role in a team pushing to win promotion at the first attempt, and he only has one year left on his contract. If it looks likely that Norwich will be promoted come March/April next year he could well sign a new contract and ensure he''s playing for a PL team, or seek pastures new come the end of his contract (along with a larger signing-on bonus).

[quote user="thas a rummun"]If we start the new season with Snodgrass, Redmond, Hooper, Howson, Olsson and Ruddy all still here, I expect we''ll go pretty close next season.Vital we keep hold of these players.[/quote]

If we kept all of them, and stayed relatively injury free, and played football the right way, then I''d expect us to storm the Championship to be honest. I think of Bennett as well for Brighton, Becchio for Leeds, then add the Murphy boys and the exciting Loza to our squad plus others etc and that''ll be one exciting team. This is why I''m really looking forward to next season.

[quote user="Yorkshire Canary"]Heard he is very keen to stay as his family is settle in the area and has just booked swimming lessons for his children for next year. I would be delighted if this is the case[/quote]

That level on commitment is hard to find, next it''ll be that he''s planted bulbs that will bloom next spring.

I don''t thing booking a few swimming lessons is going to swing it if a prem club comes calling. And how the hell would you know this information anyway ?.

I can''t see his kids swimming lessons being the reason he stays but I see your point, why would he have bothered book them if he is off? I don''t reckon anyone knows what they will be doing until the new management team comes in.

Perhaps it''s that he''s got 2 or three years still left on his deal, so unless anyone stumps up like £10m+ we''ll just tell them to do one, effectively pricing him out of a move. Next year if we are still down here and he''s done reasonably well, he''d be an absolute cert to move on, especially if it then falls within Celtics price range.

I agree fully that our best chance is to keep the players you outlined above, if we can combine them with a couple of decent buys and a couple of the youth players that are ready to step up, we''ll be there or thereabouts.

Without question the best speculation I''ve read in ages. Multimillion pound transfer kiboshed by kid''s have swimming lessons.

Good news: just heard that Olson''s kids have put their names down for hockey practice for next term!

He still needs to improve.    Think of all the great deliverers of a ball we have had over the years - I''m afraid Snodgrass is not one of them.    Crook was the best imo especially from set pieces - but the accurate  crossing ability of  Ruel Fox, not to mention his pace, was brilliant as well.   For goodness sake - Holt could cross more accurately than Snodgrass (Jackson''s goal against Swansea and Morison''s goal away at Villa as examples.

Snodgrass takes 99% of free kicks and corners - and holds on to the ball on the right to the n''th degree - and we haven''t scored enough goals. I wonder why......     

Oh yes, I forgot - he tries hard...........

Fair enough, he was out of form at the start of the season, so were a few good players. Time to forget that and hope he can put it right.

We''d better not forget his birthday though...

Swiming lessons or not he only has 12 months left on his contract

While he gives 120% he is one of the reasons why our attacking play is sooo slow - another overated player in a relegated team,

If he signs an extension in the summer keep in or otherwise cash in during this transfer window, should get £3/5M max

I wonder how many times, either for or against, has the location of Norwich been a factor of whether a player stays or leaves?

I hope we haven''t got a home game on the last Saturday in November, I am having a fridge delivered.

[quote user="Just Dan"]I hope we haven''t got a home game on the last Saturday in November, I am having a fridge delivered.[/quote]

Snodgrass''s kids could house sit for you as there''s no swimming lesson that day.

I would be majorly suprised if all them stayed, imagine that team in the championship.

Ruddy

Martin Turner R.Bennett Olsson

E.Bennett Howson Johnson Redmond

Snodgrass

Hooper

Would be amazing, sadly i will keep dreaming.

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]I''m worried about happens if Snodgrass''s kids learn to swim before the transfer window closes.[/quote]

Don''t worry, swimming lessons will be suspended as one of then will get a verruca (scans will be available) on the day before the window opens.

it wont be far off

substitue Garido for Olsson & add ANO for Snoddy & u got it

or switch redmond to snoddy & put murphy in redmonds wide left slot

now u talking

If Snoddy is out of contract next summer, I doubt he''ll commit to a new deal with us in the Championship, effectively meaning he''d leave on a free next summer if we fail to win promotion. Big gamble, that.Incidentally, does anyone know where I can find info on the players'' contract expiry dates? Can''t find anything on pinkun or official sites.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote user="Kingston Yellow"]I''m worried about happens if Snodgrass''s kids learn to swim before the transfer window closes.[/quote]

Don''t worry, swimming lessons will be suspended as one of then will get a verruca (scans will be available) on the day before the window opens.

[/quote][:D]

Im not convinced the Murphys, Morris etc are even ready for the championship yet. I mean look at the difference between Redmond & Murphys and they are only 1 year apart. The gap is huge. We all wana see these youngsters do well but can we afford to be putting all our hope of getting back into the big time in the hands of 18 & 19 years who havent played 10+ professional games. I dont think we can afford to risk anything this season, lets get back first time.

Personally I think there is a fair chance Josh is a more complete player already than Redmond if given a chance.

And if anyone is prepared to give us decent money for Snodgrass i''ll drive him myself....

I have further evidence that Snodgrass wants to remain at Norwich.

My daughter''s best friend works at the hairdesser (can''t reveal which hairdresser) where Snodgrass has his hair cut and he has made an appointment for 2019.

[quote user="Six Pack"]I have further evidence that Snodgrass wants to remain at Norwich. My daughter''s best friend works at the hairdesser (can''t reveal which hairdresser) where Snodgrass has his hair cut and he has made an appointment for 2019.[/quote]

I hope they''ve allocated the full hour as 5 years growth is going to take some sorting.

our best player by far, but i think he will go celtic near the end of the transfer window for about the 4m mark.