Sign in to follow this  
Ketts Rebel

Nathan Redmond Hat Trick !

[quote user="Champions"]I''d take him at Celtic.[/quote]Lol, dream on.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Champions"]I''d take him at Celtic.[/quote]Lol, dream on.[/quote]

Would be good to come off the bench on Champions League nights.

Champions wrote the following post at 20/05/2014 12:19 AM:

I''d take him at Celtic.

------------------------------------------------------------

I''m sure he''ll be thrilled lol

Not to knock the kid, but to all the people on Facebook saying "why didn''t he score more goals for Norwich this season?" It''s due to the fact he would never be gifted such easy opportunities in the Prem, and even the champ this season. The quality of that game was pretty average, and it is Wales after all....

Was impressive even if the defence are not Prmiership class, lets not forget the Championship is a big step down in class, so maybe we should move Snodders to a more central role and play Murphy & Redmond on the wings, with Bennett and co as options.

Pace and quick counter attacking might be the key to a swift return next year.

I don''t think Redmond will leave in the summer unless one of the bigger premiership clubs come calling, West Ham or Southampton etc.

If we have the majority of this team and a mix of youth and quality new signings, we will be in very good shape this coming season.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]He will go...I think they''ll be queing up for him[/quote]

I doubt it, 1 goal all season, for what ever reason, 4 for the u21 against the Welsh, made up of lower league players, Norwich will do well to keep him and be the chance to a quick return to the premier league, we have the players, Get the right manager

Exactly King.. This isn''t some late twenties player who has peaked.

This is a very young BRITISH talent who has shown he can cut it in the top league even at this stage of his career.

The club would be foolish to accept anything less than two or three times our transfer record for selling.

Anyone looking to buy him would have scouted him last season not just last night. The guy is a headless chicken. Full of pace but decision making is ridiculous. No one will buy him this summer. He needs some serious coaching. He now played a lot more prem games than expected this season. Bags of potential but that is all at the moment.

Not sure I agree with that Seattle - did you actually see any of the goals? They were hit with power and accuracy, which is what his finishing has been missing this season, particularly his second which was hit from distance. That willl get you goals in any division.

If it was all about the poor quality of the opposition, how come none of the other young superstars like Ince/Berahino/Ings/Lingard got on the score sheet?

He will get similar opportunities in the Championship, and he had similar opportunities in the Premiership. The difference is that he was not able to work the keeper, and presumably that was down to the general lack of goals and confidence (and therefore increase in pressure) of the team.

The lad is only going to get better as well - I think it is hugely important to keep hold of him this season. Potentially Hucks Mk. 2 for me.

You can''t criticise a 20 year old attacking players decision making ability in the Premier League or International stage.

That is the one element of a players game that can''t be fast tracked.

The future is bright for NR - he has at least 10 years ahead of him in the top league.

He found his level against a goalkeeper from Cheltenham Town and a back four consisting of players from Crewe, Crawley Town and a bench warmer at Sheff Utd.

[quote user="I.S."]Not sure I agree with that Seattle - did you actually see any of the goals? They were hit with power and accuracy,  [/quote]

Did you?

Yep, watched the match on Sky. What''s your point?

Having watched Nathan''s shooting all season, can only assume that they made the goal bigger? (And yes I was there for the Southampton game )

[quote user="I.S."]Not sure I agree with that Seattle - did you actually see any of the goals? They were hit with power and accuracy, which is what his finishing has been missing this season, particularly his second which was hit from distance. That willl get you goals in any division.

If it was all about the poor quality of the opposition, how come none of the other young superstars like Ince/Berahino/Ings/Lingard got on the score sheet?

He will get similar opportunities in the Championship, and he had similar opportunities in the Premiership. The difference is that he was not able to work the keeper, and presumably that was down to the general lack of goals and confidence (and therefore increase in pressure) of the team.

The lad is only going to get better as well - I think it is hugely important to keep hold of him this season. Potentially Hucks Mk. 2 for me.[/quote]
I find it rather insulting IS that you would think I would have an opinion without seeing the goals.
Goal 1 - They stood off him and would likely have let him walk up to the post to tap it in.
Goal 2 - Tell me any defender with an ounce of experience that would gift a forward opposing player that much room on the edge of the box?Keeper could have been eight foot and still stood about as much chance of saving a penalty - free shot at goal. They won''t all be under 21 defenders with little exp next season that he faces.
Goal 3 - Poor strike which took a deflection Maradonna hand of god style.
I watched the goals when everyone started to rave, but was actually astounded how easily he was gifted that hat trick. Maybe he''d get one chance like that in a game now and again, but wouldn''t likely get 3 chances per game next season. He has a looooooooong way to go yet!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/379795/I-ll-fly-Canaries-back-to-the-Premier-League-says-Norwich-winger-Nathan-Redmond

Its only the Star but there are quotes that he wants to stay, good old mum!

He does not need a big money move right now, he needs game time or he will go the way of so many promising U21 players.

No need to sell, he didn''t set the world alight in the Prem and 1 game for the U21s is not going to change a clubs valuation of him. Simply, nobody will pay the sort of fee we are going to command for him so he will stay.