Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Will it be tomorrow and who?

Reading between the lines from all the reports and names linked we might end up with a set up like this.........by tomorrow.

Director of Football - Curbishly

Manager - Malky

Assistant Manager - Adams

All three available and cheap as two have no work at present and Adams is already employed by the club.

Just a hunch nothing more.

Delia said negotiations were complex. How so with this suggestion as all three are either out of work or already employed by club.

I would imagine that even if all three potential appointments are out of work, drafting their contracts and the conditions within them are still a lengthy and complex matter, one that involves agents, accountants and a whole host of other considerations related to same, hence the ''devil in the detail'' being what is taking all the time.

I think you have 2 of the 3 right, The D O F could well be a bit of a surprise, someone who knows the club and has a past connection ( Nigel Worthington for example) .I do not claim inside info, its just a gut feeling

I would have gone with something like that before yesterday but I must admit however that I''m now leaning towards someone employed at another club. Whatever you say about agents and things being complex I really can''t see how employing a couple of out of work people would take this long.

Knowing how drawn out negotiations with Celtic have been in the past I''m beginning to think it might be Lennon

I''d imagine they have long since chosen their man and probably likewise have a middle ground on personal terms such as salary and bonuses.

What I imagine is taking the time is the underlying legal contractual terms things that are handled by legal teams with lots of toing and froing.

If it''s MM then he''ll want to be extra careful given his past experience.

If it''s NL then he''ll want to be extra careful given what he''s giving up. A bad run at Norwich could destroy his career.

I would imagine the Technical Director (slightly different to a Director of Football) will be someone most people have never heard of - similar people in roles at other clubs tend to be unknowns or have a very small profile - Richard Evans at Everton, Mark Cartwright at Stoke etc.

After listening to McNally yesterday he seemed to be distancing himself from Malky - all that talk of ''attacking football'' and the ''Norwich way'' just seemed to suggest they weren''t think of bringing in Malky and his rather stodgy form of long-ball football.

Adams will probably be assistant manager, but the new manager will also bring in his own man as well as ''first team coach''.

I believe it will be the finer details of the Malky contract being sorted out. I expect him to be named either today or tomorrow.

I still have hope that I am proved wrong, and that we will get a nice surprise when Lennon is announced. Followed by a story on how the compensation with Celtic took longer than expected.

I m hoping that McNally is pulling all the strings to get Lennon and not Malky.

Yesterday''s interview was telling re Malky and the talk of it being a risk whoever you bring in. I wouldn''t be surprised if it is someone already in a job. The last two managers have been in employment. Maybe someone driven and ambitious in the Lambert mould.

It will be Malky for sure odds have just tumbled again from 4/11 to 1/8.

A move like this is likely to mean the big hitters are buying money because they know something.

Great let down by the club again. All talk of the "norwich way" and proper football returning to the carra. Followed by the appointment of a long ball merchant.

We don''t have long ball players and needed a manager that could get us playing teams in the championship of the park.

Oh well, its all part of being a NCFC fan the feeling of deflation and despair at the boards decisions.

I am still naffed off at the comment yesterday when they said "who would you have got" to the caller in Jan. Anyone would have been good as our away form was so dire we was always going down. The board basically kept him in charge for home games thus gambling our prem future on 2 or 3 winnable games and sacrificing the away ones. The maths of this did not add up as we were always likely to lose one of them.

Given that they work in the football industry and have endless resources to do research and analysis. To say they could not think of anyone else is absolute pure and utter incompetence.

Yet again they are proving this in appointing exactly what the club does not need right now. We needed a manager to bring back attacking football on the front foot and get an atmosphere back in the ground to lead us back to promotion.

[quote user="Long drives home"]It will be Malky for sure odds have just tumbled again from 4/11 to 1/8.

A move like this is likely to mean the big hitters are buying money because they know something. [/quote]Who are these big hitters?  More than likely it''s people like you who seem to have convinced themselves that Malky is just waiting in a cupboard to be unleashed.

People that have enough cash to move markets from 4/11 to 1/8. You hardly get your £5 punters backing someone at 4/11 to get a return of between £6 and £7!!

It takes big hitters to move markets at these prices, the type that live of professional gambling.

These people usually have inside info and a network of other likewise people.

1/8 is close to a done deal and the market being closed prior to an announcement.

[quote user="Long drives home"]People that have enough cash to move markets from 4/11 to 1/8. You hardly get your £5 punters backing someone at 4/11 to get a return of between £6 and £7!!

It takes big hitters to move markets at these prices, the type that live of professional gambling.

1/8 is close to a done deal and the market being closed prior to an announcement.[/quote]Lol OK mate.

Pipe down! Malky would be a top appointment and might bring us a bit of a spine back to the side that it''s lacked massively. Did you not see the Southampton goals or the Arsenal second goal last season? It might as well have been my nan trying to tackle Jenkinson! We have enough tippy tappy talented players like Redmond and co, we need to mix them with a bit of robustness (not the sort that gives the ball away easily either).

Malky might even be able to evolve to have aspects of attractive football anyway given the players he would have at his disposal (redmond, fer, hooper and snoddy can all play a bit) much like Pulis has at Palace. He got the balance spot on there. He got the best out of the likes of Jedinak with his defensive skills and Chamakh using his aerial prowess but mixed it up with the more flair based threats of Bolsaie and Puncheon. We were probably a Chamakh and a Jedinak away from comfortable survival ourselves.

I''m happy with Malky. I''d be happier with Lennon. I agree that DM seemed to distance himself from Malky. I get the impression that Malky isn''t keen on us, nor are the club that keen on him. However, I might be wrong here.

Perhaps Charlie Wyatt''s contacts in the club have given him a bit of false news so the club can go about their business with the actual manager they want without the spotlight being on them. Saying that, it''ll probably just end up being Malky.

It''ll be today or tomorrow. They said "within the next few days". Could be anytime.

I agree that the Technical Director will be someone we''ve never heard of. They don''t have to be high profile and most likely won''t be. It''s a behind the scenes job and most of the names mentioned as a possible TD would want to be at the forefront.

[quote user="Long drives home"]It will be Malky for sure odds have just tumbled again from 4/11 to 1/8. A move like this is likely to mean the big hitters are buying money because they know something. Great let down by the club again. All talk of the "norwich way" and proper football returning to the carra. Followed by the appointment of a long ball merchant. [/quote]

you didn''t watch many games under Lambert I take it...

On what do you base this pathetic comment.

I watched just about everyone and we played a high tempo up and at em style of football. Often ending games with 3 or 4 strikers on the pitch during those games.

It was also fact that the season we was promoted from the Champ, we would have finished mid table but for goals scored late on when chasing a win.

I don''t see that happening under Malky, more likely to be more draws and less of an up and at em approach. This is what the fans loved about that era.

I predict more of a Hughton approach with a we will take a point stance.

[quote user="Long drives home"]On what do you base this pathetic comment. I watched just about everyone and we played a high tempo up and at em style of football. Often ending games with 3 or 4 strikers on the pitch during those games. It was also fact that the season we was promoted from the Champ, we would have finished mid table but for goals scored late on when chasing a win. I don''t see that happening under Malky, more likely to be more draws and less of an up and at em approach. This is what the fans loved about that era. I predict more of a Hughton approach with a we will take a point stance.[/quote]

a Pathetic comment based on the long balls down the flanks we used to play under Lambert. Pumping it up to Holts head for knock downs too.

by haiving 3 or 4 strikers on the pitch late on usually means you are going "route one" to try and win the game/Rescue a draw!!

I feel a certain contradiction of terms here concerning our anticipated style under Malky or any other perceived as "negative". The clear expectation of our next manager is to take us back to the Prem asap. This involves a tally of 70-90 points. I find it hard to imagine to achieve this by playing "negatively", just grinding out such an amount of points. I might be wrong though...

Have to agree with LDH I really can''t see a Malky led team bringing us the type of football they were alluding to. His style of play has been mentioned by many posters and including a Cardiff fan and whilst he''s not a bad manager I can''t see him delivering the type of football the board speak about.

One thing I picked up on that nobody has mentioned is that he said (DM), the new manager would not have the same level of support that Hughton had at his appointment. That worries me as to who we are going to get!

OTBC

I must say I can not see it being Malky as this delay and complex details must be about getting someone who is in a job.

Neil Lennon must be a contender otherwise by now Celtic would have said something.

Bookies and odds do not always get it right I am just thinking of all the players we would have had if so.

Would love it if Dion Dublin was involved as Technical or something , he is so knowladgeable

Sadly I expect yet another disappointing appointment and we''ll see milky rolled out. Personally I''d prefer The Bournemouth manager or a certain Zola chap, I''d like to start enjoying our football again

Malky just waiting for WBA to turn him down & he will sign

Why on earth would we want Warnock past his sell by date

The right candidate is 40 miles down the A140 as we sleep

2 x Promotions from champs & no loyalty to the scum - get real people football is a business

[quote user="Long drives home"]People that have enough cash to move markets from 4/11 to 1/8. You hardly get your £5 punters backing someone at 4/11 to get a return of between £6 and £7!!

1/8 is close to a done deal and the market being closed prior to an announcement.[/quote]Hey ''Long Drives Home''...do those ''big hitters'' know something about Lennon now LOL?  Odds tumbled from 6/1 to 5/2 overnight.